It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese massacres Tibetan refugees

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
www.isn.ethz.ch...

The killing by Chinese forces of an unknown number of refugees trying to flee Tibet is filmed by mountaineers, sparking international cries for Beijing to come clean.

China has committed atrocities in Tibet. This film shows Chinese soldiers killing unarmed refugees, when will it stop?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Nothing new, but dont be suprised when some CHICOM lovers come on saying its fake and not real and china loves everyone!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz
Nothing new, but dont be suprised when some CHICOM lovers come on saying its fake and not real and china loves everyone!

Why do Americans have to turn everything into an acronym? Can you not speak properly? Chicoms.... Bah... Shall I call you AMERIDEMS? Or AMERIREP's? Or perhaps, if you don't want to be a republican or Democrat and just an ordinary citizen, AMERICITS or USACITS?? Sounds stupid doesn't it?

Sod it, let's just be lazy and turn everything into an acronym or phonetic crap... IMO AMERICITS N 2 TALKPROP, Y MAKE URSELF LMSTN? Although, I feel, looking at your username, I am wasting my breath..

Or should that be AIF, LAYUN, IAWMB?

Anyhoo, rant over (I hate the bastardization of the english language)..

I remember reading this somewhere else a week or two ago, although for the life of me I cannot remember where. I thought it was on here, but maybe not... Shocking though. Why not just arrest them? Why kill them? Is it some out of control border guards, or is it offical chinese policy? Either way, i think the 2008 Olympics will be an interesting test....

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So the chinese atrocities in tibet continue unabated.Why doesnt the UN take any action on this?Does this country even deserve veto power?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
So the chinese atrocities in tibet continue unabated.Why doesnt the UN take any action on this?Does this country even deserve veto power?

Does any country?

Never the less, they do have 1/3 of the worlds population. If that doesn't get you a veto, what does?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Why do Americans have to turn everything into an acronym? Can you not speak properly? Chicoms.... Bah... Shall I call you AMERIDEMS? Or AMERIREP's? Or perhaps, if you don't want to be a republican or Democrat and just an ordinary citizen, AMERICITS or USACITS?? Sounds stupid doesn't it?

You can call me a acronym, because my names complex and you wouldnt like to always type it out completely. So what, you have bad experiences with these in the past? Plus its CHICOM/'s not chicoms, you make it sound like a cerial.

I do not follow the left - right, I would not even call America - America, though im in the United States, ever since they started killing our constitution, in 2010 I will be calling it North American Union, so will you.

Anyways I don't hate you for defending the English Language, maybe you shouldnt of spread it around like cheap made in china goods back in the day eh, wouldnt have to deal with people like me lol.

China has committed atrocities in Tibet. This film shows Chinese soldiers killing unarmed refugees, when will it stop?

I saw reports of them either dumping or storing nuclear waste in Tibet...

www.tibetjustice.org...

Also heard reports a river turned red in china, how long will the enviroment over there last untill the Gobi desert expands far enough and rivers are totally destroyed.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz
You can call me a acronym, because my names complex and you wouldnt like to always type it out completely. So what, you have bad experiences with these in the past? Plus its CHICOM/'s not chicoms, you make it sound like a cerial.

I do not follow the left - right, I would not even call America - America, though im in the United States, ever since they started killing our constitution, in 2010 I will be calling it North American Union, so will you.

Anyways I don't hate you for defending the English Language, maybe you shouldnt of spread it around like cheap made in china goods back in the day eh, wouldnt have to deal with people like me lol.

That'll be cereal, not cerial....

Sorry, it's nothing personal, it just gets under my skin when people use silly bloody acronyms, names and other stupid buggery when a perfectly normal word will suffice.

I am glad you don't hate me for it

As for you environment question, I remember seeing a report that the worlds ecosystem will collapse by 2050 if we keep up our crappy way of things. China is definately no help.

I'll ask again though, is it standard policy in china to shoot refugees? Or is this an isolated incident? Do we even know?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

That'll be cereal, not cerial....

Sorry, it's nothing personal, it just gets under my skin when people use silly bloody acronyms, names and other stupid buggery when a perfectly normal word will suffice.

I'll ask again though, is it standard policy in china to shoot refugees? Or is this an isolated incident? Do we even know?

lol thanks for the correction

youtube.com...
Heres the video of the shooting, in it he mentoins the chinese papers saying the Tibetians attacked the soldiers and they had no other choice but to defend themselves.

Also China has been known for hiring thugs and arming them to get rid of farmers and groups of people.

Also, if you get caught caught with a gun in china you get killed by mobile exacution squads.
www.usatoday.com...
Communist and fascist dictators could all agree gun control works.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
At least China didn't invade a little oil-rich nation which led to the deaths of over 600,000 innocent Iraqis now did it? Oops, gave my little riddle away...

Now I'm not saying this did NOT happen, but

A few things to consider:

* Cho Oy pass is a common escape route for fleeing Tibetans. If this incident is real, why have similiar incidents not happened in the past, and similarly, will something alike happen in the future? Also, what prompted this particular guard to open fire (assuming that this is indeed a true story)
* The Type 81 Assault Rifle rifles which are utilized by the PAP are automatic weapons with a maximum effective range of 500 metres and with only a moderate accuracy. Then why do we hear one clean shot, then see a Tibetan fall at the same time, then another clean shot, then another Tibetan falling, so on?
* Even if the PAP was using a sniper-rifle (I'd assume that the PAP would use something similar to a Dragunov), why is the gunshot and the fall at the same time? The Dragunov bullet travels at 830 m/s, while sound travels at 340 m/s (but would have been slightly slower in the cold temperature). The climbers said that they were one kilometer away, which means that there was approximately a three-second delay before they heard the actual gunshot.
* The previous fact means that in order for the Tibetans to have been seen falling at the same time as the gunshot, the PAP was 2.49 kilometers away from the Europeans in any direction, which also means that the nearest the PAP could have been was 1.49 kilometers, and this is assuming that the PAP could shoot through the mountain!
* Why did the rest of the refugees seem to be unaffected by their fallen comrades? It is not a normal reaction when you see someone shot down and you continue walking.

Oh, and by the way, let's not forget to thank the thousands of Chinese soldiers who died building a railroad to Tibet, modernizing the region, giving the people running water and electricity.

Hm... Don't I remember an article in which the Dalai Lama stated that Tibet "needed" China. As well, he thanked China for modernizing Tibet.

Off topic, but something the ignorant west should know about.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
At least China didn't invade a little oil-rich nation which led to the deaths of over 600,000 innocent Iraqis now did it? Oops, gave my little riddle away...

At least the nation that invaded Iraq didn't kill the 600,000 civilians, and not even most of them. But China has killed Tibetans in similar numbers and forced sterilized them and forced abortions and persecuted traditional Tibetan religion/customs.

Spin it however you want, but the Dalai Lama I can assure you is NOT satisfied with being exiled from his own country and his religion in ruins. Tibet I am sure could have modernized eventually by itself without being invaded by China.

You wanted to know why the West would never truly support China? This is one of the reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if China invaded Taiwan, they would do the same horrible things. If most of the Western people knew what the Chinese government did to Tibetans, the Falun Gong, and Christians, and Muslims, they would hate the Chinese government.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
retinoid,

Apart from the things you listed, the Chinese government also condones infanticide.

They leave their girl babies in the gutter die (and boy babies that are surplus to the one child policy. Males being the preferred sex.)

I would never trust them

In Pace
resi

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
And these were people trying to leave china, not a group trying ot break in, not a rebel group trying to get to some mountain fortress from which they could fight, but people trying to just leave china and go and stay in another country.

Why are people expecting the UN to do anything about this????
China is on the Security Council, they'd be able to veto any actual action against them. The UN is not in any position to even offer up a stern 'wag of the finger' here.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Now I'm not saying this did NOT happen, but

No, but it DOES slaughter fleeing peaceful buddhists from Tibet, doenst it?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I want to see a movie of this not just another freaking picture of this stuff. China has been doing this for a LOOOONNNGGG time. Only difference is people are only now getting into Tibet because they are realizing how many are fleeing and some want to know WHY, or you have the hikers who happen to be in the area and one just happened to have a video recorder. Not all hikers take video recorders with them as their average pack, most just take a camera or just food and water. How many of YOU would expect to be hiking and see this happen? Probably very few, thus you wouldnt be bringing this stuff. Tibets cant really get out en mase anymore, thus whenever they try THAT (the genocide) happens. If you want to know whats REALLY going on in Tibet theres a movie out there made by some US citizens who visited Tibet AFTER the Chinese invasions in the year 2000 or so and the whole place is overrun with Chinese troops. Tibetans have become 3rd class citizens in their own country. Anyway the movie documents the atrocities commited by the Chinese and thats just the half of it because the others who would tell you about it are now DEAD.

JUST REMEMBER FOLKS! CHINA IS ONE OF THE BEST FRIENDS ON THE US GOVERNMENT!
Talk about sick.
Anyway the reason the UN wont do SQUAT with China other than say "no you dont" and then flee with their tail between their legs is because if the UN ever THINKS of touching China all the USA corporations will gang up on them and yank their economy out from under them since China is their new cash cow and they want to keep it that way. Also China has the forces to... well... let me put it this way:
UN troops attack:Chinese counter attack: UN forces OWNED in about 1 second. The Chinese have the numbers to just WALK over any invader NOT TO MENTION they have a REALLY strong militia. So this is leverage for the Chinese, talk tough to them but if you act your going to be in a world of hurt.

Dug around and found the movie: TIBET: CRY OF THE SNOW LION
Anyway it goes over a heck of a lot more than the "info" on the back will tell you, the monk on the front of the cover was tortured by the Chinese and barely made it out alive.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Off topic, but something the ignorant west should know about.

Wow the Chinese Communist education system does wonders to logical thinking. What are you a internet psyop, you serrously lack any evidence. You should watch the video, I remember you btw, you only pop up when it has something to do with your Communist buddys getting caught doing something.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So is that the video to THIS genocidal act or another?
Yeah its interesting how some are willing to back up murderers only because their leaders support someone.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Vekar]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
why can't I find this news on the Falungong media and CNN? Such type of sensitive news would be reported by those two media soon as they came out, and cause relatively great attentions, but why don't i see it being reported on other major medias?

I double the reliablilty of the news, as most of the "Tibet and Falungong stories" turns out to be made up after the US invenstigations.

The first ones in the 1940's are REAL, but those tibet stories came out later on tend to be made up.

but it's kinda amazing if china is still doing it today. I really don't see the point of doing it. China is becomming one of the strongest nation on the planet with most of its ppl loving their nation, they don't lack food, money, or even patriotism, so what's the point of shooting some harmless tibetans?
(it's different from USSR because most chinese ppl today actually enjoy their lives and very patriotic, this is mainly due to their success in economy, where as the old communist states were often too poor, and ppl hated their way of life, so the government has to use propergandas to avoid protest. that's why i tend to not believe some western's saying about china's "brain washing", I rather think those sayings are actually propergandas used to "contain" china's economy by making people boycotting what ever china is doing.)

I suppose this type of incident doesn't happen too often, this one must be one of the biggest incident happened in many years. I just don't get what's the point of firing? especially when ppl are trying to get OUT of the country?

I don't see Mexican government shoot their ppl; only the US would worry in such case. So isn't that Nepeal supposed to be the one who's worrying?

that's pretty stupid, must be the local military officers' decision rather that the central government's decision, since the chinese central government actually has less influence in such region compares those tibet local officials, who are local ppl, often not as well educated and intellegent, and still believes in the old and outdated communism philosophy, which, for many years, has not been used in modern areas.

but of course, my above opinion is base on the assumption of the incident to be real.

[edit on 10/26/2006 by warset]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Very true warset.

As again here on ATS, ignorant people suspect me of being "brainwashed" by the CCP. lol, I went to a Catholic school in San Francisco, so.. hm... I guess brainwashed wouldn't be too far off. Anyway, no one was able to argue against my comments:

* Cho Oy pass is a common escape route for fleeing Tibetans. If this incident is real, why have similiar incidents not happened in the past, and similarly, will something alike happen in the future? Also, what prompted this particular guard to open fire (assuming that this is indeed a true story)
* The Type 81 Assault Rifle rifles which are utilized by the PAP are automatic weapons with a maximum effective range of 500 metres and with only a moderate accuracy. Then why do we hear one clean shot, then see a Tibetan fall at the same time, then another clean shot, then another Tibetan falling, so on?
* Even if the PAP was using a sniper-rifle (I'd assume that the PAP would use something similar to a Dragunov), why is the gunshot and the fall at the same time? The Dragunov bullet travels at 830 m/s, while sound travels at 340 m/s (but would have been slightly slower in the cold temperature). The climbers said that they were one kilometer away, which means that there was approximately a three-second delay before they heard the actual gunshot.
* The previous fact means that in order for the Tibetans to have been seen falling at the same time as the gunshot, the PAP was 2.49 kilometers away from the Europeans in any direction, which also means that the nearest the PAP could have been was 1.49 kilometers, and this is assuming that the PAP could shoot through the mountain!
* Why did the rest of the refugees seem to be unaffected by their fallen comrades? It is not a normal reaction when you see someone shot down and you continue walking.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I cannot fathom how some people are actually sticking up for bad treatment of human beings after being invaded and defending it.

I just hope that when the world focuses on China in the 2008 Olympics, they will see what the government is really about. Though I doubt anyone will care, as long as we can all buy cheap things at WalMart.

www.timesonline.co.uk...
pacificcoast.net...
www.sciencedaily.com...
www.voanews.com...
www.politicalgateway.com...

Warset is that enough links to other sources for you? Or are they all controlled by some mass conspiracy by the evil Falun Gong practitioners?

[edit on 26-10-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
No, that's not my point

I was thinking why CNN, BBC, REUTORS, and other big medias are not involved in?

Supposingly they should have such shocking news annouced much quicklier and making more attentions?

Or are they just like me wondering about the credibility of the film?

But in this case, I believe the shooting to be real. but again, what's the point?

It must be some ignorant soldiers' own decision, or local authority's decision.

Tibet is an automotive region rather than a province, it's kinda like canada's 3 nothern terriories. The central government pays less attention to them due to their scarce population, and give them some advantages ex. they can get into a university with a lower average grade.
I double chinese government would spend a lot of time planning on carrying out an assassination to some powerless monks living far away. They'd rather focus on issues like NK nuclear crisis or some global economical events, you see my point here?

and according to the news, 2 people(kids) were killed during the firing. So why would the government plan such meaningless killing?

[edit on 10/26/2006 by warset]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join