It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Ultra Hawk gets Iran file

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
In another desperation move by Olmert to save his badly wounded government, Ultra Hawk Avigdor Lieberman has been named as a Deputy PM and Minister of Strategic Affairs. This Ministries agenda is topped by the Iranian Nuclear threat. Lieberman is known for his erratic outbursts threatening Israels Arab minority.

www.thestar.com
Yet many of Israel's political watchers confide they are disturbed that so volatile a politician will be directing policy on the single most sensitive issue of the day — the Iranian nuclear race.

"On one hand I think Lieberman's message to the Iranians is the right one," said Hebrew University political scientist Avraham Diskin. "I want them to rethink the situation and to be frightened. But the problem is he scares me as well. I think he is a dangerous person. I'm not sure he is cautious and balanced enough for the job."

Uri Dromi, director of international outreach at the Israel Democracy Institute, said the overarching need for a stable Israeli government is likely to trump concerns over Lieberman's views on race and religion.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a troubling development. The last thing that the world needs is TWO unstable people on either side of the Iranian Nuclear issue. I mean, if this guy has problems with Israeli Arabs, how is he gonna react to Ahmadinejad's threats?

I think Israeli politicians may be cutting off their nose to spite their face. Shoring up your crumbling government by risking regional war makes no sense to me. But I'm not a politican either.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 10/25/2006 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is not good for Israël, Iran and the world. This extremist can transform Israël into Apartheid south Africa 2. Bombing palestinians areas will bring even more terrorists, bombing Iran too, bombing Lebanon to kill Hezbollah too.

I just hope the Israëli population will kick this racist out of there in time.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Agreed. As I posted in another thread, I don't think we have the political will to use the military option on Iran. But Israel could definitely draw us into a conflict, and this would be just the guy to do it. Just look at his pic, it gives me the willies!

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Why's nobody discussing this issue? This is very important for the world and for the Middle-East! A right-wing nut coming to power in Israël! A man who want to bomb palestinians populations areas! A man who want to transform Israël into an apartheid state! A man who is in control of the Iran ``problem``!

Ehud Olmert is now the new israeli version of the german Franz Von Papen, the bad chancellor before Hitler. Papen was a very bad chancellor when he was there, in 1932, he was bad, just as Olmert is, and let the place to Hitler... now Olmert is forming an alliance with Avigdor Lieberman, a right wing extremist, just as Hitler was. It's him that influenced the president to appoint Hitler as the new chancellor...now Olmert appoint Lieberman...

History always repeat herself, but in differents paterns...

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Wow!is like giving jack the ripper his own knife store.If anybody had doughts of an attack on iran i think that answer will come soon.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

"The year 2007 is going to be a critical year, as the international arena will do its utmost to narrow down the nuclear capabilities of Iran. It could be done by using more affirmative sanctions, or even a military campaign," Ganor said. "And the ramification of such an attempt, even if it's only sanctions, will cause a terrible deterioration of the situation on the northern border, where Iran will use its proxy Hizbullah to retaliate against Israel, and make clear that Israel has to pay for any activities against Iran," Ganor added.

Israel is under attack from three sides at least. They need to get some serious leadership going and forget about this hot head Lieberman! This is a powder keg and he's smoking a cigarette while sitting on it.

new topics

top topics

join