It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Admits Displeasure with Iraq War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Bush's Displeasure

Bush Acknowledges U.S. Concern on Iraq

WASHINGTON (AP) - In a somber but combative pre-election review of a long and brutal war, President Bush conceded Wednesday that the United States is taking heavy casualties in Iraq and said, "I know many Americans are not satisfied with the situation" there.

"I'm not satisfied either," he said at a speech and question and answer session at the White House 13 days before midterm elections.

Despite conceding painful losses, Bush said victory was essential in Iraq as part of the broader war on terror.

"We're winning and we will win, unless we leave before the job is done," he said.

So why the denial for months on end? Could it possibly just be a way to lighten the criticism of Bush being arrogant?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
With so many people angry with how the war is going, President Bush had to say something did'nt he? He can't just keep denying all the losses, that would look even worse. What with the elections comeing up and all.

I think that's his way of helping soothe the feelings of some of the right-wingers who might not vote republican this time because they're not happy with the war.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
after years of "staying the course" who is he kidding now?
I'm telling you this man is nuts.

All the criticism of his own party is getting to him-Someone is getting to him alright.

Yet, i know that next week he'll revert back to his old stubborn routine.

For Pete's sakes, he's a mental case.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
How is it that he says "we are winning" and then says he is "dissatisified".

if you really are winning bushy, what is there to be dissatisfied about?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
So what to do with Iraq... flee, and make the militaro-industrial complex, the rockerfeller, Bush's family and rothschild pay until bankrupty for all the damage the US have done there. Do like Germany did to Israël... pay for years to rebuilt the contry and for the health care related to the cancers due to DU...

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So what to do with Iraq... flee, and make the militaro-industrial complex, the rockerfeller, Bush's family and rothschild pay until bankrupty for all the damage the US have done there. Do like Germany did to Israël... pay for years to rebuilt the contry and for the health care related to the cancers due to DU...

That is so ignorant I wont even begin to comment on this. I still cant believe people are whing about depleted uranium shells...
Shows that most on ATS have no background in actual physics or science whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
You seems to be the only one who's not whinning about the DU... a lot of associations around the world are ``whinning`` about DU's use in Iraq. A lot of stillborn babies, cancers rate up by 900%, ect... Yeah right, no background in physics or sciences... physics is irrelevant anyway in this case.

In all you're post, you seems to protect you're poor little Bush, you're blind to his crimes... I red that you support the Iraq war, as 10% of the US population support now, you believe the 9/11 official story, just as 15% of the US population.. So I think by what you're saying is that you're a blind fool Bush supporter.

Iraq links Cancers to Uranium Weapons

Iraqi cancers, birth defects blamed on U.S. depleted uranium

Go say this to those childrens

You know it's a war crime to punish everybody in this country for thousands of years only because the dictator they putted in place didn't comply to them

I know that from the very own website of the IAEI they say that DU have no effect on people but this is just bullcrap.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Someone has to believe all the lies, else where would St George (double trouble) be?

XphilesPhan, watch the "Blowing in the Wind" video, if you wanna improve your "background in actual physics or science" - concerning DU.
If you can't find it, I'll find it for you.

Dgtemp, they aint staying on any course anylonger. They're in constant motion, not sure of any course. Dig this"study".

Press Secretary Tony Snow was able to blend the facts on this matter with true poetic voice when asked if "stay the course" is being abandoned by the White House. "What you have is not 'stay the course,'" said Snow, "but, in fact, a study in constant motion by the administration and by the Iraqi government, and, frankly, also by the enemy, because there are constant shifts, and you constantly have to adjust to what the other side is doing."

A study in constant motion?

James Crabtree, writing for the UK Guardian, attempted to analyze the phrase. "A brief search for the phrase on Google isn't terribly revealing," wrote Crabtree. "A study in constant motion is, apparently, a way to describe an obscure Michelangelo Antonioni movie, a description of a soccer game, and an advert for a rental home in North Carolina's Outer Banks. It is also, intriguingly, a way to describe the oeuvre of Scot's born film Director Norman McLaren, and the 'approach to global success' of computer giant Microsoft. It certainly, however, is not a description of how to succeed in Iraq."

My view?
They are getting desperat!

Desperat men and power are the devastating combination known to mankind.

top topics

join