It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me or is this total BS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Apparently, this story in the Daily Mail in London indicates that this woman began slashing her wrists and neck in public in China. The story details that this was a serious attempt at her own life.

But look at these pictures.

Is it me or does this look completely staged? Do we have another photo scandal on our hands?

I mean from the look on her face to the nearly obvious fake blood. Plus, she's using a straight razor, which is the preferred prop by FX companies when doing staged cutting. Anyone with just a basic knowledge of FX can pull this off.

I don't know why I'm angry at this, nor why I care, but this just seems completely fake to me -- and it pisses me off that someone would not even question the validity of this.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
From the photos and information (or lack of) on that page I can't tell whether it is fake or not....

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
For the sake of argument, let's say they're fake.

Does it anger you because this girl's silly gimmick to get attention appears to have worked?

Or do you feel like it's something that was staged by a specific group?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well it might be fake, I was looking at this, and I remember some fights I was in, usually blood would be dripping everywhere, here we have a statistic stain.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hard to say if it's fake. If here left wrist was deeply cut, the tendons wouldn't be working quite so well, so it would be difficult for her to continue holding a knife in that hand. But on the same token, if you notice she's got her fingers zig-zagging around the haft so as to keep a grip.

Hard to say.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Is it just me or in the first picture does it seem like she was just placed there or things were edited out

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It looks like a total fake out to me...............not even a very good one......

I have a background in some stage make up and effects and this is not even a half decent job of it....

We ALL KNOW if someone REALLY & TRULY wants to off themself it can be done..........

I agree with the thread maker...this is a load of crap

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius
For the sake of argument, let's say they're fake.

Does it anger you because this girl's silly gimmick to get attention appears to have worked?

Or do you feel like it's something that was staged by a specific group?

What pisses me off about it is that it's identified by a newspaper as an actual event. I know most of the ATSers on this system view the media as controlled or distorted or dumb. But I come from a career in the newspaper industry, and have much more faith in it than others. This just bites my bone. If for nothing else than the editor was obviously smoking some dope before choosing what pictures to go in that day.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I don't understand why people think these pictures look fake, they look real to me. It's hard to tell if the blood is dripping from her wrist down to the ground because it's a still with no shot of the ground.

What would be the point in staging something like this? People do this kind of crap all the time. Most don't have the sack to go through with it and just want the attention.

We had a guy here in Houston that climed the outside of Transco tower with suction cups up about 60 floors or so and in front of a horrified crowd of tens of thousands lept to his death. Now that guy had sack!

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It 'looks' real, but could likely be fake. The blood definetly looks like real blood and not candy syrup or whatever else production companies use to make fake blood. I think on a subcouncious level, our minds are trying to convince us that this isn't real, to keep us from knowing things like this really goes on in the world.

If more pictures were provided, I think I would have a better answer.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Yep. Fake.

As some of you have stated, there is a lack of blood. Regardless of pictures, we know it's fake because of the way the article is set out.
Look at any newspaper article about an individual.
Go on, log on to an online news site right now, and have a look at articles about individuals.
It's okay. I'm not going anywhere. Have a look.

Did you see what they all have in common? This article in question show no sign of it.

Did you work it out?
It's age. Every single news article I have ever read about an (non celebrity) individual always states the age.

23 year old man killed...
12 year old girl raped...
46 year old woman found...

This article in question has no age for the woman.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Oh,, this is real, imo.

The girl is a psycho chick, we get them around these parts all the time.

The world is full of nuts.:shk:

top topics

join