It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Rabbit HARD ROCK Podcast Zone - Episode 005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

PODcast: Rabbit HARD ROCK Podcast Zone - Episode 005

This is Dave Rabbit’s HARD ROCK Podcast Zone. In the coming weeks I will introduce NEW HARD ROCK TALENT and THEIR SONGS. Episode 005 features the works of DE-PARTURE, DEAN MADONIA, DEEP PURPLE, DESIRED RESPONSE THEORY and DIE ZEITGEIST. My Classic Rock Showcase Group is “IRON BUTTERFLY”.

length: 40:15
file: btsmpod_1970.mp3
size: 14151k
feed: btsm

[edit on 10/25/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Great show Dave...!

Some of my favorite selections from this review:

DE-PARTURE, Me likes, me likes..

DEAN MADONIA, I love the overlapping chorus, this one was a surprise.

DEEP PURPLE, Boy did this bring back some memories

“IRON BUTTERFLY” Do I really need to say anything & the catchiest ending ever recorded

Loved the podcast Dave-A-Roo, I even had to crank up the stereo to "11"...

Johnny

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thanks Johnny.....

By the way... I started listening to yours the other day..... NICE. You sound real smooth like you had some training in your background along the way.

Dave

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
Thanks Johnny.....

By the way... I started listening to yours the other day..... NICE. You sound real smooth like you had some training in your background along the way.

Dave

Well thank you very much Sir (salutes, with johnson at attention)!
That means a lot to me, truth be shared, yes, I've been known to have tweaked a few potentiometer's .

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yeah.... me, as you well know of my background..... just BACKED INTO IT..... had a PASSION for it..... but wasn't in the cards for me UNTIL, the rebirth of Radio First Termer and "Dave Rabbit". The reason why I SUSPECTED you might have a bit of PRO hidden somewhere in your past is because of the hundreds of DJ's, PRODUCERS and DIRECTORS I have come in contact with since coming out of the rabbit hole back in February 2006. Charlie Cooper, is a Pro..... and he has that same.... slick tongued flow that you possess..... as opposed to ME who simply flies by the seat of my pants without a NET..... and is blessed with a DJ VOICE which happened strictly because of the two years screaming out KINKS, ROLLING STONES, etc. songs in front of my band.

Dave

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It was in fact because of hearing your's and the 'two amigos' podcasts that I decided to
dig out the microphone and see if I still had any creativity flowing thru these analog veins...

LOL... The flying by the seat of your pants works very well for you... obviously only a
Disc-Jockey that has a quick wit and a huge.............................. imagination can pull
that off on a consistent basis... You are truly gifted my friend in that department.

Unfortunately for me I wasn't really that great in the 'smoke and mirrors' department.
I used to have more re-recorded edits than a pregnant camel had fleas on her back.
I couldn't get near a 'board' until I would promise to do PSA's or spots in two-takes or less.
Really went thru the 'School of Hard Knocks' before I could appreciate the 'School of
Hard Rocks'. And I don't know if I'll ever be happy with my voice, although I do still find
myself constantly longing for the ol' days of high energy and way too much 'projection'....lol.

As always my friend.. waiting for another of your great podcasts from Radio First Termer '69'
Johnny

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Johnny....

I will contact you on our private e-mail line...... to get you to consider doing a few LINERS for the new show.

Dave

top topics

join