It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hackers....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
so i wake up this mornin to find an email that said so and so with the ip address of some random numbers (i should post it on here so this chump can get a dose of his own medicine) has tried to access your paypal account. now i don't even use the account at all but it's the whole character and persona of these hackers that pushes my buttons. so now the rant begins....TO ALL HACKERS: YOU WERE/ARE PALE SKINNED STRINGY HAIRED SOCIAL OUTCASTS WHO WHORE SMEDIUM SHIRTS AND SIZE 30 PANTS IN HIGH SCHOOL. YOU'VE NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER SEEN/GOT THE P-WORD IN YOU ENTIRE LIFE BEFORE...YOU SIT ON YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOUR MOTHER BOUGHT YOU DAY IN AND DAY OUT TO CARRY OUT PETTY LITTLE CYBER CRIMES BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO
SCARED TO CALL UP YOUR BOYS (IF YOU EVEN HAVE NE) AND DO SOME REAL DIRT. YOU CANT CARRY OUT YOUR REPRESSED CRIMINAL TENDACIES IN THE REAL WORLD BECAUSE YOU WOULD GET BEAT WITHIN AN INCH OF YOUR PATHETIC LIFE BY PEOPLE WHO ARE REAL CROOKS. NOT SCRAWNY FRAIL
THAT COME UP WITH
TERMS SUCH AS. PWNED N00B L333T AND ALL THAT
there i'm done now

mod edit: please don't use all caps, it is considered rude

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette (review link)
4) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yeah, totally. Did anything happen to your account?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
totally pwned them 1337 h4x0rs!

you should report it.. maybe they'll get sent to Gitmo like Gary McHackinnen

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My girlfriend recieved the same email, and was on looking through the information. It caught my eye and we just had a conversation about it.

I regularly recieve emails like this, from Ebay a lot. It is all garbage, you need to ignore it.

If someone sends you an email, looking for your information, you can feel comfortable in deleting it and believing it is junk/spam. Whatever you want to call it. Unfortunately a lot of money is being made through these tactics, and it is at the expense of many customers.

It is not Paypal or Ebay sending the emails. People go through some serious efforts to make it appear like a legitimate email, and it works more than some of us would think.

When I provided support for customers on who had problems like this, I regularly had to inform people to cancel their cards to prevent any spending.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have a very usefull and good stoping hackers trick. Change your administrator name to something that will confuse hackers, like anonymous. I did that in September and I haven't had any hackers since then.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The emails you receive as junk mail aren't hackers.

They are spam emails who are trying to get your personal information.

A Hacker is someone who is trying to take control of your system. If I were to Hack your computer, I would be in control of it.

The emails you receive looking for personal information are not running any risk of taking control of your computer.

hacker:
a microcomputer user who attempts to gain unauthorized access to proprietary computer systems.

dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Dear Lord,

The email(s) you speak of are no more than phishing attempts. The sender(s) will, as chissler mentions, craft them in such a way to look identical to the site/domain they have supposedly originated from. (i.e. Ebay, PayPal, banks and financial institutions) They play on the "fear factor" that your account may have been compromised in some manner. Their hope is that, of the 1000s that they send out, they might get some "bites".

I get them all the time and from virtually every conceivable angle. "Your account has been suspended", "We are updating our records", "Suspected fraudulent activity has been reported". And they ALL want the same thing. "Click here to verify your information", "Click here to update your profile/persoanl data", "Click here to login and reactivate your account". They change their tactics as often as I do socks.

Here's a new approach I encountered just this week.

A client called saying that his wife had received an email from Citibank. The email stated that they had detected suspicious activity on her account and for her to please contact a 1-800 #, their "Anti-Fraud Dept." She called, but refrained from providing any specific information. What happened next? She started receiving calls from the "Anti-Fraud Dept." regarding additional activity originating from the Ukraine, Czech Republic, etc., each time asking that she verify her account information.

When he told me this I simply asked him to cross-reference the "Anti-Fraud" 800# with the number on their most recent billing invoice. Did they match up? Hell No!

She has since contacted the REAL 1-800#. They reported no such suspected activity whatsoever. At that point they advised her they would be cancelling the card/account, and would be issuing her a new one. She was lucky; however, there are many who aren't so fortunate.

This is the first time I've seen this approach, so I thought it best to pass it along with the hope of enlightening others to their incidious ways.

$.02

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
TO ALL HACKERS: YOU WERE/ARE PALE SKINNED STRINGY HAIRED SOCIAL OUTCASTS WHO WHORE SMEDIUM SHIRTS AND SIZE 30 PANTS IN HIGH SCHOOL. YOU'VE NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER SEEN/GOT THE P-WORD IN YOU ENTIRE LIFE BEFORE...YOU SIT ON YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOUR MOTHER BOUGHT YOU DAY IN AND DAY OUT TO CARRY OUT PETTY LITTLE CYBER CRIMES BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO
SCARED TO CALL UP YOUR BOYS (IF YOU EVEN HAVE NE) AND DO SOME REAL DIRT. YOU CANT CARRY OUT YOUR REPRESSED CRIMINAL TENDACIES IN THE REAL WORLD BECAUSE YOU WOULD GET BEAT WITHIN AN INCH OF YOUR PATHETIC LIFE BY PEOPLE WHO ARE REAL CROOKS. NOT SCRAWNY FRAIL
THAT COME UP WITH
TERMS SUCH AS. PWNED N00B L333T AND ALL THAT
there i'm done now

Erm I do not agree with this. I hate to say it but I can Hack. I don't do it because I think it is wrong and Ive seen my best friend go down for 15months for it. He taught me how to do it when I was younger, before I knew what he did with this 'skill'

This is him news.bbc.co.uk...

Yes, Hacking is wrong. But we dont all look like that. I can understand you are upset, and I sympathize with you but I don't think you should sterotype people.

This is me, Me on the right Do I look like a weedy little pale freak? I do not hack anymore but when i did, I did not sit on my computer all day. I did not make up stupid words etc. Every person is different. So do not class us all as this image you get off the movies.

Blue.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by crookedblue
So do not class us all as this image you get off the movies.
Blue.

i'm not classing you all by images from movies. i'm classing you all (or at least the ones i've known) by how you guys carry yourself and dress. the hackers i've known, while extremely bright with computers and gadgets, cool to hang around, etc..always seemed to be functionally retarded and had a style of dress that was beyond horrible. shirts that were way too small, and pants that were way too tight. and every time they would tell me about their latest cyber crime...i would always think to myself..these guys have alotta guts to be doin the stuff they do. so then one day i asked one of em, would you ever run up on somebody with a loaded gun and force him to hand over his money. he literally looked at me like
and then said, "no way man, i'd be too nervous and jittery to do somthin like that". after he said that i thought to myself, you're not afriad to go into ppl's accouts and personal info but you're afraid of robbin somebody? also, another one i knew, was just a down right pathetic loser all together. dressed in gothic clothing, but carried himself like a thug and would always talk about how he wasnt your average gothic guy and how he's ran around on the streets and all that mess.

if you have ne common sense at all, you know there's no such thing as gothic thugs who know about computers and hackin, but yet somehow have still manged to do some dirt on the streets. there's a such thing as criminals, criminals can be anybody, but you and me both know that REAL HARDCORE criminals wont be on a computer, and won't be scared to commit REAL crimes. these hackers who commit crimes behind a computer screen would not know how to handle themselves if they had to commit a crime in the real world. that's why i said what i said

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That message you recieved was probably a Phishing scam. I hope that you did not log in to your Paypal account using the link from that message. ALWAYS ALWAYS type in the address manually and go there yourself if you ever have any doubts. You can also forward the email to [email protected] or [email protected] and they will take down the offending site asap. If you are using Windows XP SP2 you can almost always mouseover the link and see in the left hand corner if this is the true address. If it says something like 192.168.1.1... then more then likely its fake. paypal would always use a paypal.com... which is a secure site.

If you logged into paypal using that site I suggest you immediately go to your paypal account and change your password immediately. Check and make sure that no auctions or funds were transferred.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I regularly recieve emails like this, from Ebay a lot. It is all garbage, you need to ignore it.

Do Not Ignore them report them to the proper site location. Paypal , ebay( one and the same as ebay owns paypal) what ever report it, they keep track and investigate/ track these things.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   

This is me, Me on the right Do I look like a weedy little pale freak? I do not hack anymore but when i did, I did not sit on my computer all day. I did not make up stupid words etc. Every person is different. So do not class us all as this image you get off the movies.

Blue.
you know what is realy odd my wife is a graphics artist and she uses images she finds on the internet sometimes for different things and i swear to god that image of you linked us to looks exactly like one of the images she has used not that long ago i think she got at deviantart.org.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Lordgoofus, usually, the 'hack' isn't the alleged attempt to get your password, its the email claiming that there was such an attempt.

Paypal DOESN'T EMAIL ITS MEMBERS!

I ignore all emails alleging to be from 'paypal', i don't open them, i just delete them or mark them as 'spam'. Paypal has a message center of its own, if there is a problem thats how they contact you.

and I sympathize with you but I don't think you should sterotype people.

Who cares about stereotyping dumb jerks who screw with people's money and accounts??? They are, de facto, loosers.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
quote: and I sympathize with you but I don't think you should sterotype people.

Who cares about stereotyping dumb jerks who screw with people's money and accounts??? They are, de facto, loosers.

Oh, so just because I know how to hack I am a looser?...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Not necessarily...I might know how to hot wire a car, but I'd never steal one. I might know how to break into a locked house, but I'd never do it. I might know a half dozen ways to kill someone with a rolled up newspaper, but the likelihood is I'm not going to.

The loser would be one that screws with people's accounts and money. And actually, loser might be too kind a term. It's not the knowledge, it's the action.

IMO.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

This is me, Me on the right

This thread reminds me of the movie Hackers.

I like teh haxors.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Not necessarily...I might know how to hot wire a car, but I'd never steal one. I might know how to break into a locked house, but I'd never do it. I might know a half dozen ways to kill someone with a rolled up newspaper, but the likelihood is I'm not going to.

The loser would be one that screws with people's accounts and money. And actually, loser might be too kind a term. It's not the knowledge, it's the action.

IMO.

Yes this is what i'm saying. I know how to hack, I know how to hotwire, pick locks, lots of naughty stuff but i'd never use it. (exept if like i was being chased by a axe murderer... then id hotwire a car and run away LOL
)

Am I still a looser now?!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

A person that hacks people's accounts to take their money or mess with their accounts for fun is certainly a looser. Did I say that you are doing that? Are you saying that you are doing that?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hey now. Whoah. Dont go confusing hackers with script kiddies.
Heckers have better things to do than trying to screw with induvidual peoples accounts.

Script Kiddies are the little pricks that take what hackers have figured out and use it against personal internet users.

Hacking isnt the process of stirring up crap and annoying people, its the process of solving puzzles, breaking cypher codes, and exploration. NOT intentional minor crimes!

Please, referr to those little pukes as script kiddies, thats all they are.

new topics

top topics

join