It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"psychic abilities" do you think chemicals could help?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I've read in medical reviews about LDC (Liquid Deprenyl Citrate)
This chemical had been forbidden by us authorities but it seem to really enhance psychical abilities...

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by arc If the subconscious is the part that contains the 'pyschic abilities' then maybe to increase the awareness of those abilities it is necessary to temporarily subdue the conscious mind.

IMO, subduing the conscious mind is sort of defeating your own purpose...It can be useful if wanting to initially discover what your mind is capable of, but if your goal is to use those abilities *consciously*, then you'll have more trouble achieving *conscious control* over those abilities.

Originally posted by arc When we sleep - in the REM period...

This seems to be the *safest* method of initially discovering your abilities, mainly because it doesn't rely on the long term harmful effects of drug-use. However, Lucid Dreaming (AKA: Dreaming True) is a difficult discipline to master...If only because of the difficulty of achieving conscious control while in a subconsious state of mind. However, the benefit of not having to rely on drugs (other than those the body creates itself) makes it safer...But also requires longer, sustained practice to fulfill.

Once Lucid Dreaming is mastered, it's not such a big step to bring those new-found abilities out of the sleep-cycle & into the waking world.

arc

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
yeah thats a fair point about subduing the concious mind.

I don't think I explained myself very well - was trying to get at the idea that our minds are usually full of all sorts going on at once and that could interfere with what was being attempted. Sort of like meditation is used to quieten the mind.

Maybe focus would have been a better term than subdue?

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Yeah, "focus" would be better...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There were many government secret studies, involving the use of various drugs, and their subsequent effects on psi-phenomenon... The results of these tests, are, of course, secret and largely unknown, but the facts that the tests were at least carried out, have much supporting evidence. Personally, I don't have difficulty believing that drug assistance to achieve an altered state could indeed enhance psi abilities...though, I wouldn't go looking for a Telekinesis Pill at local Eckerd's just yet....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join