It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"psychic abilities" do you think chemicals could help?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Do you think it's possible for the introduction of certain chemicals, nutrients or anything else for that matter into the body could increase someone's "psychic abilities" as one might call it? The substances could help stimulate certain parts of the brain that are rarely used and associated with these abilities. Do you think it's this possible?

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Could be,

But I think the better way is if you learn to move and control chi and/or charge your energy centers (chakra's) etc...

As to using chemicals, you can do a search on "white gold" or "mono-atomic gold"
They have extraordinary claims about it, but I don't know if it really works...

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 04:22 AM
link   
No one really knows how or why "psychic" phenomenon occur, but most rational research concludes that it has ~somthing~ to do with the brain.

If we assume that psychic abilitys are rare then we can also assume that what the brain does in order to manifest psychic phenomenon has to be abnormal.

inducing abnormalitys in the brain is relatively easy, pretty much any chemical will do it from sugar to '___'.

As such we can conclude that using chemicals to alter the brains behaviour may well provide a way of inducing "psychic" abilitys.

if such things really exist.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Of course it is possible, there are substances that do that, called hallucinogenic drugs if you didn�t know. Works very well but only if you know how to use them.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, I think you should try to make sure you're getting all of the nutrients necessary to function optimally, particularly the ones that aid the nervous system.
Potassium is particularly important, but of course it's a terribly dangerous poison if taken in excess, so it's better to rely on dietary sources than supplements. Have a nice glass of orange juice, and a banana.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 11:23 AM
link   
b.s.
What the hell does drugs have to do with psychic powers?!

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 04:11 PM
link   
i dont know about that... i think the fact we dont know where they came from or how it works i wouldnt mess with a gift you get naturally... i wouldnt want it to go away... especailly since we dont understand it... i mean even good people at it dont understand it all...
my element is water and psy is common among us and i still dont know how to use it that well...

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 05:52 PM
link   
the goverment studied lsd and mushrooms for pshychic phenominom and ketamine for out of body experiences.they probably made a drug of a combination of the three with genetic engineering to make pshychic functions work all the time.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 03:33 AM
link   
HOFFMAN (the discover of Lysergic Saur Dithy-amin�) was in fact not seaching for a drug but for a brain super-vitamins.

It's interesting to notice that the same HOFFMAN has discovered the method to separe carbonic links in another SAUR :

DNA (desoxydro-nucleide acid)

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 05:10 AM
link   
CIA used drug ('___' and others) to make test in 60's about brainwaves, telepathy and hypnotism.
The codename was MKULTRA.
Declassified document can be easylee found on the web (Keyword MKULTRA on google or other).

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Yes. there are some of drugs that can affect your psi abilities. but it is not advisable that u should take those kind of drugs if it is not doctor's prescribed. why you should take those drugs even though you are not sick. my only advice is PRACTICE...

posted on Jan, 4 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ok, people who do not understand how drugs are manufactured, OR what genetic engineering is....should please not try to post on the topic, because frankly it makes you look like a bleeding idiot.
Sorry to be harsh, but for crying out loud, get an education or shut up.

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
But could you control your abilities?
I doubt it which not only makes it useless, but also dangerous.

//HackerX;

[Edited on 7-1-2003 by HackerX]

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Magic mushrooms, containing psilocybin, can increase perception. I'm told artifical hallucinogens produce just that, hallucinations, where more 'natural' drugs produce genuine insight. They're best used for spirit journeys, in limited amounts. Darkened rooms, staying calm, soothing music. They're impractical for regular use to boost psi abilities, as they make you crackers.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I recently discovered a chemical named LCD (Liquid Deprenyl Citrate) used in MKULTRA X-periences to enhance (tune) psy-abilities...

liquid-deprenyl.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Interesting question. Alot of users of hallucinogens report psychic experiences while under the influence... the question is, do those experiences actually occur or are they just a figment of the intoxicated mind?

We use most of our brains, unless we have experienced brain damage or had our brains exposed to some form of toxin (such as MDMA/Ecstasy, Lead Paint) or deprived of Oxygen for a long period of time. The question is not how much of our brains are we using... but rather, how much of our brains are we conscious of using?

For instance, I don't think any of us would enjoy having conscious control over our organ functions. We would not be able to sleep, otherwise our hearts would stop beating! Having studied the brain, my best guess is that IF true "psychic" abilities exist, they are most likely the result of brain structure & function abnormalities, present since birth.

I'd love to do some neuroimaging studies of psychics who can perform 'better than chance' consistently.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Winged Wolf has made a valid point, but the manner in which he expressed it stinks to high heaven...

There are a significant number of "experts" (in the parasciences) who claim that most (if not all) people are born with the potential...But being raised within a society that gradually suppresses the power & disdains practicing to reach that potential; Most people who show any signs of having mental powers usually manifest as prophetic dreams, gut-level "hunches" & epiphanies; Only a very few (And many others with false claims & use of parlor tricks) can actually display any significant ability. With normal upbringing, the ability gradually stagnates & "dies" (medical term: atrophy). However, the potential remains & can be "exercised" back up to usable levels with education, patience & practice. The downside is that there's not enough paranormal research being conducted that can adequately "educate" people on how to regain that potential & only certain (mostly) secretive groups seem to possess some of the (usually incomplete) knowledge & the practice can take years (or the student may never acheive success).

There've been many reports of how certain drugs can temporarily activate & stimulate the pineal gland (Which is said to be the source of the psychic power & most commonly referred to as the "third eye") but the use of such drugs do more harm than good in the long run. Some of those drugs have been mentioned here already, but most (if not all) of them will create long-term health problems.

The most feasable way to use a drug to activate the pineal gland & then practice while under the influence so that the user can eventually "wean" themselves from the drug as they become more aware of conscious use of their power...BUT the safest way to do so would be to learn what drugs can activate the pineal gland. The most effective such drug would be perhaps a certain mix of vitamins & herbs that are also known to promote good health while it works on the pineal gland. The best way to figure out which such suppliments would do the job would be if some more research was done on the pineal gland itself.

As of the last I've heard, paranormal sciences haven't yet even figured out how or why the pineal gland can be activated or used consciously (subconsious use being like the "hunches, ephiphanies, etc. as mentioned above) with any kind of regular or consistant basis...Which would also mean cooperation with the Genetic fields to conduct proper research. They'd also have to research potential problems with overstimulation of the pineal gland, if only for safety's sake.

arc

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The brain operates at many levels simultaneously - including conscious thought, the subconscious, and the level that governs the body's chemical processes.

If the subconscious is the part that contains the 'pyschic abilities' then maybe to increase the awareness of those abilities it is necessary to temporarily subdue the conscious mind.

When we sleep - in the REM period between the concious mind decreasing several levels and the chemical level becoming higher so that the body can repair and grow, the subconciousness becomes more prominent and generates our dreams.

Other ways of dampening the concious mind are meditation, fasting, sensory deprivation and as stated here already certain drugs and ingested chemicals. I think that many of these can also inhibit the chemical processes to some degree, increasing further the level of the subconsious.

However once in that heightened state I think a lot of what happens is down to the ability of the individual to interpret whatever 'messages' and symbols they experience into terms the conscious mind can understand. As well as the ability to sift through any of their own personal subconcious desires and 'demon's to reach whatever lies behind them. Maybe that is why people who have a serious interest in developing their own abilities train for years, learning how to avoid foods and other substances that can cloud the mind, and developing enough self knowledge to remove the personal 'static' from their subconciousness.

I'm aware that the above is a bit of a simplistic view - I'm just trying to summarise some of my own ideas on the topic.

As far as using chemicals such as pyschoactive drugs, I think they can help if taken in the correct dose, state of mind and situation. Otherwise they can just cause intoxication or distort the consciousness rather than dampening it.

Over the years I have used cannabis, '___' and 'magic mushrooms' in varying ways with mixed results. My experiences have ranged from useful to traumatic. Cannabis is good for relaxing the mind, but I find it interferes with my ability to have dreams and also that if my mind does touch on something more intuitive, I quickly lose the ability to follow it and end up lost. '___', at least the stuff that was circulating in my area at the time, was far too harsh (probably cut with too much speed) but my mind was able to follow ideas better. Mushrooms were probably the most useful, but I found it took me days to recover and I'd be very wary of using them too often. Whatever I was using I had to be alone, in a place where I felt physically and emotionally secure and usually outside in natural surroundings. Otherwise anxiety and disturbed perceptions would affect the experience badly and my 'inner demons' would turn an attempt to seek knowledge into a fight for self control over fear.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
someone mentioned the government are using ketamine, lsd and mushrooms to establish new psychic phenomena but actually it is not a new combination because the chemical produced is called BHT and shamans used a purer form of it too foresee events. It is rubbed into the skin and has very effective results. Thats why shamans and witchdoctors always seemed abit mad.
< MEZZY >

arc

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
mez do you know which plant they used as their source of BHT?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join