It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borat; "aiding the terrorists" says crazy Whitehouse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
What exactly is the Borat movie poking fun at anyhow?

I haven't seen the movie, but if his past performances are anything to go by the thing he is ridiculing most is exemplified perfectly by some of the member responses on this thread!!!

link   
Sasha has been doing this for years ,i loved he intervew with the head of the FBI i think it was ,he evan got him to say F B aye! at the end.

Us Europeans will continue to rip the piss as long as you have that goofy child president(not my words,hunter s thompsens nickname for ur numoro uno).

what happens in the US affects every1 so i belive every 1 has a right to critasize.

did it happen as much with clinton- no i think not,he can charm the sox of anyone,
it comes down to "would u mind ur wife running off with him" Bush hell yeah,clinton well he can have my mum for all i care.

I do feel sorry for u cultured americans,your fellow chumps give u a bad name,i wonder how many could find kosavo on a map still?

"he walks like his carryin two boxes under each arm" john culshaw -the best bush impersonater i think.rory bremmner prob better over all,i love his brown

British sence of humour is very different to the rest of the worlds,im sorry if it offends u.I learnt in my long time in miami its not a good idea to critasize someones leader good or bad.it doesnt go-down well,I saw the guy from lost and lotr been intervewied and he said no of the americans on the show have a sence of humor,you just cant laugh at yourselfs

hey blaine - why cant he critasize? is bush an expert on polotics?and our yard is pritty clean,if it wasnt for the Iraq war i think blair would be remebered as one of the best pm ever,Sasha aka borat was educated at oxford/cambridge cant remember which and prob worked dam hard to get there,unlike the hungry catapiller lovin commander in chief from yale.

And denythestatusquo,this guy will be around for sometime to come ,im not a massive fan but i can see this being like a farenheight 911 box office hit,a hit mainly cos its anti establishment,im sure people were saying the same about Mike moore .

I reckon he got to Dick purley by pretending to be from kasakstan,how my reporters from there have evan asked to interview any of the top brass,bet dicky thought yeah why not cant hurt seems like the guy can hardly speak english,then he runs rings round him.

sorry for my spelling and rants goodnight

link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
If you want to get literal about a stupid comedian's prank? Borat committed and act of fraud. He could have been prosecuted for this easily. They could take away his privilege of entering the US. They did not do that though. Have him do the same in China or Iran and see what happens to him. You could not pay me enough to get me to vote for a Republican or a Democrat but this is getting ridiculous. Siding with terrorists and dictators and attacking leaders of democracies? And then you want to be taken seriously? Strap bombs to your kids and prove who you support. Sadam will send you some money.

Im rereading your post and wondering... are you serious?? There is no way that you could honestly believe that.

A comedian making fun of the president is a terrorist now?? And who is siding with terrorists and dictators?

The fact that you would suggest that someone who disagrees with you (or the president) is a terrorist is surely an example of how little you understand what this country is all about.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mezzanine
A comedian making fun of the president is a terrorist now?? And who is siding with terrorists and dictators?

No, not that, but according to Military Comission Act 2006 he could be taged as unlawful enemy combatant.

Marvelous.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
-_-.................this has to be a joke

they ve used terrorist this and terrorist that so much its just ridiculous now... it looks like something bush would say

or something a bush impersonator would say in a comedy... nowadays they blame EVERYTHING on terrorism,

what next?
"global warming is contributing to terrorist activity in teh united states"

"the former presidents of the united states were all terrorists"

"the international community doesn't agree with our policies they are terrorists"
" september 11th wasnt caused by terror, it was caused by terrorists"
" Screw terrorists"

" WE must claim space before the terrorists get there first"

"Terrorism has reached the brink of our very atmosphere ladies and gentlemen, September 11th! " *standing ovations* * roar of applause*

"Terrorists must be eliminated from the face of the sky"

i can really imagine bush or the white house saying each of those statements.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The site is a parody.

The story is false.

People who hate Bush and America don't need facts to launch an attack.

I have seen some of Cohen's stuff and he's actually funny.

The Borat as portrayed in the satire is not funny, but vicious.

The joke is really on those who give knee jerk responses without clicking the links.

This thread belongs in BTS!

[edit on 2006/10/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
so if Borat = terrorist....

....and Amerrycans are afraid of terrorists....

....can we say Amerrycans are afraid of Borat?

I can see Cheney sitting there with a shotgun and a glass of warm milk before his bedtime mumbling: "I want him dead, I want his family dead....I want them all dead..."

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
denythestatusquo fair point but i would bet that he doesn't agree with alot that the Israeli government are doing. But your politicians and the way your government is the bigger problem at the moment.

Thanks for agreeing.

Well wake me up when Borat decides to slam Israel or anything Jewish okay. I'll be there to see it, just like the day that Jones talks about any conspiracy in the world and mentions Israel or anything Jewish. Let me know if you see that too.

I'm not american, I'm a Canadian but I like Americans. I am politically right of center.

I think that Bush is a puppet that Israel controls and the illumaniti too of course.

Regards, Fox he is an ex-pat Canadian that had an addiction to diet coke and probably ingested mega pounds of artificial sweeteners and god knows what that crap does to a human being's mind.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Im Sorry but Sacha is one of the funniest guys to hit the UK comedy scenr. Ali G was a serious laugh and the interviews he done where full of laughs every minute. His first film "Ali G indahouse" was a hit.

Ive just watched trailer for the new Borat film and the end line cracked me up

"Please watch my film and make it succes or i will be executed"

Man this guy as "Ali G" has already taken the #out of the american establishment in his interviews i dont think he could do worse if he tried. Its an English thing this kind of comedy its quick an full of inuendo.

CHILL GUYS WATCH THE FILM, DONT TAKE IT SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The site is a parody. The joke is really on those who give knee jerk responses without clicking the links. [edit on 2006/10/25 by GradyPhilpott]

Didn,t I point this out in the first half of the first page??
But I got shouted at by someone.. I haven,t stopped crying since

No-one should take it personally. He extracts the urine out of everyone indiscriminately..
Try watching Ali G the movie

[edit on 25-10-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Taken from Wikipedia

Sacha Baron Cohen, who plays Borat, is himself Jewish. He explains his character's racist nature by stating that the segments are a "dramatic demonstration of how racism feeds on dumb conformity, as much as rabid bigotry," rather than a display of racism by Baron Cohen himself.[3]

However, the Anti-Defamation League, a prominent Jewish anti-racism group, complained to HBO after Borat performed a country western song that called on people to 'throw the Jew down the well', warning them that 'you must be careful of his teeth' and that 'you must grab him by his horns', to applause and participation from some members of an audience in Tucson, Arizona, USA. The full chorus goes: "Throw the Jew down the well/So my country can be free/You must grab him by his horns/Then we have a big party."

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Borat is just one of a number of characters from the hugely popular show in the UK, Ali G, that has been going for over 5 years so i doubt he will dissapeaear in the next 6 months. Sacha Cohen(Borat) recently went to Texas where he lambasted republican supporters over the Iraq war ...
[edit on 25-10-2006 by Peruvianmonk]

If this guy is so smart and he loves to attack everyone for a laugh and for profit then when am I going to see him attack Israel or its people? Just like Alex Jones.. shilling for the home team if you ask me.

haha I beg ur pardon?
The guy makes a fool of Cheney. Big deal! Get off ur high horse... since when has political satire been a crime? Jeeze, some people need to lighten up and get real

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Regardless of the source, the interview DID happen and the White house comments WHERE made

According to who?

The news article is from a satire site. There was no interview, the administration woudlnt' ever go to interview on the Ali G show, just like you're not going to see Bush sitting down with John Stewart anytime soon.

These shows are comedy, the Ali G show is great.

I bet that there are a good number of people that go to see the Borat movie now in defiance of these fake comments from the "administration".

denythestatusquo
If this guy is so smart and he loves to attack everyone for a laugh and for profit then when am I going to see him attack Israel or its people?

Borat constantly attacks the jews. And those damnable Uzbeks.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This story is satire. Borat did not interview Cheney. Tony Snow did not say Borat was aiding terrorists. None of these events took place. I've seen so much crazy stuff from this administration lately it wouldn't really surprise me if this had happened, but it didn't. Please, everyone, verify things before posting them as fact.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You can't buy publicity like this!

The President is calling on all Americans who oppose terror to avoid Borat in person, on TV, and on the big screen.”

I can't believe he actually got an interview with Cheney. The PM of Kazhakistan has discussed Borat specifically with 'Premier Bush' quite recently - he's quite upset about it. I'm surprised Cheney didn't know anything about this. Then again, I wouldn't really say surprised...

Trust me, the movie is not to be missed. November 5th.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

MORGAN FREEMAN IN REHAB; UNABLE TO STOP NARRATING

E! TO COUNT DOWN 101 SEXIEST CELEBRITY girly parts

CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK MERGING WITH THE WEATHER CHANNEL

TARA REID’S BOOBS HAVE SURGERY TO REMOVE TARA REID

I even posted the other headlines on the site..

I can,t understand how no one else noticed that they were ''slightly not true'' either

Hey guys .. It,s humour.. just have fun with it

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm guessing most people read the first few posts and respond before getting to the parts declaring it satire. (Though I would hope at least some would visit the site and see themselves what it is.) It's unfortunate, and I'm seeing people do it in a lot of threads—not actually reading through and continuing to argue over a misleading statement that was later corrected.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Let me say one thing quick here. It is obvious that some members don't read the posts in the thread they're posting in. Is that denying ignorance??? Or perhaps those members have put the other members on who made those posts on ignore???

Please save yourselves from letting people have to repeat the same thing over and over again.

Back on topic:

So it's just a gag, and Borat has never interviewed Cheney. End of story...

P.s: Sacha Cohen and Dave Chappelle are two of the people that make me laugh so hard I start to cry...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The really interesting thing here is that people believe this perfectly plausible.

Even many Americans.

Nevermind silly comments about 'enemies' (over a comedy show, please) the real point is that this is close enough a comment on the reality of US politics at the moment that plenty of people were quite happy to believe it.

......in which case, like it or not, Sasha Baron Cohen is doing his 'job' beautifully.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Just who does "The Administration" (and not just this one) think they are?
Do they really believe that they ARE the "World Police". and if so (and I am going way out on a limb here) dosen't that in fact make them "terrorists". (policicaly speaking of course)
I am typicaly apolitical, but a tad extreme in thought. Isn't it about time that they learn from the past mistakes.

Parody falls in our laps and we suck it up like a sponge. My God the section of this post is "Jokes, Puns & Pranks" Get a clue.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join