It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borat; "aiding the terrorists" says crazy Whitehouse

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What is America becoming?

Well just when you thought people in positions of authority and power couldn't make themselves anymore ridiculous and out of touch here comes this gem.

British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, a.k.a. Ali G hip-hop icon, Bruno the gay Austrian TV presenter and Borat the Kazakh journalist, last week interviewed Dick Cheney.

The guy makes a (very successful) living in comedy exposing the detachment, hubris and simple illogic of public figures and is a cult comedy figure in the UK (where he has poked fun at many leading and some very controversial public figures).

Well apparantly now poking fun at major public political figures in the USA is "aiding terrorists" according to a Whitehouse spokesman.
How insane are these people and why the hell aren't they run out of town once people see the kind of crazy maniacs there in positions of authority and power?
A little fun is aiding global terrorists!?

Kazakh journalist Borat, a.k.a. British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, last week interviewed Dick Cheney.....

.....According to sources close to Cohen, who also released an exclusive photo of the interview, Borat managed to interview Cheney recently during a visit to an Air and Army National Guard at Camp Atterbury in Edinburgh, Indiana.....

.....Asked to comment, White House spokesman Tony Snow said that, “By showing interviews which make the Vice President appear ill-informed about popular culture, Mr. Cohen is only aiding the terrorists in their propaganda campaign to make America seem weak. The President is calling on all Americans who oppose terror to avoid Borat in person, on TV, and on the big screen.”

datelinehollywood.com...

.....and anyone thinking John McCain was a more clued in guy should look at his ridiculous comments

Asked for his reaction, Arizona Republican Senator John McCain, sought to place the blame for the embarrassing interview on Democrats, especially former President Bill Clinton.

“I would remind voters that Clinton and other Democrats critical of the Bush administration’s policies are trying to embarrass the White House and they have close connections to these Hollywood actor-comedian types,” the likely 2008 presidential candidate told Dateline Hollywood.

(same link)

- Quite clearly these people are now so 'up themselves' that they think that anyone lampooning them is an issue of national security!

The fact is (as with almost all of the people who live in the kind of rareified atmosphere Cheney inhabits) that Cheny appeared out of touch and detached from most people's reality because he is, no-one actually 'made' him look that way other than himself.

If ever you wanted an example of why we should be glad of and why we all need people like Sasha Baron Cohen it is this risible episode.

Un-f@c*ing-believable!

Hopefully his new movie (out in the US next week I believe) does very very well.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You put it best when you wrote this:
Un-f@c*ing-believable!
Because if someone just told me this I wouldn't. Aiding the terrorist, come on now. So ever comedian that has ever impersonated or made fun of the pres or any of his hentchman are aiding the terrorists? Maybe Saturday Night Live is the real ring leader behind Al Qaeda!!!

[edit on 25-10-2006 by NJStomp]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I guess it's all coming to a head now, isn't it?

Dissenters are thought criminals and terrorist sympathizers. :shk:

I personally don't enjoy Borat, he's not funny to me. But it's a matter of taste, nothing more.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
All I know is that just the preview of his movie made me wet my pants.

I have to see this Cheney interview for myself. Screw the politicians if they can't take a joke.

Peace

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
can`t wait to see the interview!
the whitehouse seem to be missing the point here....hahah
Shame Borat couldn`t do an interview with GW.
The actor who plays Borat is Jewish,and is taking a pop at anti semites among other things.
Surely the US Gov are capable of this deduction.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yes, we should all blindly accept everything that the government tells us as absolute truth because they have no reason to lie to the people...

It's getting worse!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Since the comedian decided to make a comment about making a video of his lesbian daughter with another lover, might as well return the favor.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Sorry but is your source a genuine news site?. I was looking at other headlines like..

MORGAN FREEMAN IN REHAB; UNABLE TO STOP NARRATING

E! TO COUNT DOWN 101 SEXIEST CELEBRITY VAGINAS

CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK MERGING WITH THE WEATHER CHANNEL

TARA REID’S BOOBS HAVE SURGERY TO REMOVE TARA REID

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Since the comedian decided to make a comment about making a video of his lesbian daughter with another lover, might as well return the favor.

Seriously,Deltaboy?
If thats true i can see why they were cheesed off,but still the guy hardly raises money for jihadiis...
I bet you are joking though,you made me laugh anyhow!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Seriously,Deltaboy?
If thats true i can see why they were cheesed off,but still the guy hardly raises money for jihadiis...
I bet you are joking though,you made me laugh anyhow!

No not serious, otherwise he would have been killed or renditioned and sent to a black prison.

More likely the administration will just ignore him.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks Delta...that stopped me laughing alright.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Thanks Delta...that stopped me laughing alright.

He really did say it, just that the Bush adminstration won't do anything seriously against the comedian. Except maybe called him a terrorist sypathizer or something to return the favor.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Sorry but is your source a genuine news site?. I was looking at other headlines like..

MORGAN FREEMAN IN REHAB; UNABLE TO STOP NARRATING

E! TO COUNT DOWN 101 SEXIEST CELEBRITY VAGINAS

CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK MERGING WITH THE WEATHER CHANNEL

TARA REID’S BOOBS HAVE SURGERY TO REMOVE TARA REID

Is that the best come back you have?

Regardless of the source, the interview DID happen and the White house comments WHERE made.

Wiggle out of that one.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
OK, is this all for real or just a promo for his picture. Because how in te world did he got so close to Big Cheney.

Please I am confuse.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It is my hope all you whinny treason talking lunatics remember the glory days as the taliban cuts off your heads.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The Democrats are trying to "embarrass the White House". I'm not a Republican, but the truth is the truth. Comedians are hardly qualified to criticize world leaders. If this fellow wants to do that, he should run for office where he lives. He's not an American so why isn't he criticizing the Europeans who stole the Oil For Food money instead? People should clean up their own back yards before they criticize their neighbors. Where are the posts by Europeans criticizing their government??? When your yard is clean, then come after us. Until then it's just bigotry.

I'm constantly amazed by these celebrities who fancy themselves experts on world politics. In addition to laughing at their jokes, do you suppose they are aware that most of us are laughing at them behind their backs. Talented people don't need to attack others for attention. Imagine Madonna in the White House. We would be back in the Dark Ages within a month
How about Streisand? She would take all our money because only she should be rich and we don't deserve it
George Clooney should keep his word the liar. When he did not leave he lost all credibility. He's just another lying Bozo on the bus, with delusions of grandeur. I work with entertainers in my business. Believe me when I say they are mostly not to bright. They are like out of control adolescents. They throw temper tantrums and demand special attention just like 3 year olds. The comedians are the worst of all. When I promote a comedy event its like romper room behind the curtains. Gimme, gimme, gimme because I'm special, special, special
Yeah they are funny alright

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This would be complete if they treaten sanctions against Kazachstan for being a terrorist supporting nation next :p

Man, first a man gets trown in jail for merely speaking to Cheney in public and now they are trying to tackle one of the many caracters created by a comedian?

Sheesh. What do these guys in the whitehouse think? That they are above all?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What I wanna know is this: why is this doufous famous? I can't see any talent whatsoever outside of being a scammer. I hope in six months time that somebody will make a thread and ask the following: remember that Borat guy, what happened to him?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The website is a parody. datelinehollywood.com...

The article is unbelievable, anyway.

Even the Google citation calls it a satire. Google Search

I can't find a single credible source indicating that the interview ever took place and if it did, I would call Cheney's purported responses as extremely gracious, given the questions.

Even Borat has better taste than that.

Maybe someone can help with a link, but my bet is that the joke is on sminkeypinkey.

[edit on 2006/10/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Borat is just one of a number of characters from the hugely popular show in the UK, Ali G, that has been going for over 5 years so i doubt he will dissapeaear in the next 6 months. Sacha Cohen(Borat) recently went to Texas where he lambasted republican supporters over the Iraq war and was almost set upon by a raging mob, pathetic. And i couldn't care less if he made a remark about Cheneys daugheter it was probobley hilarious, and what has that got to do with terrorisim??? Your country is really becoming a laughing stock to the rest of the world, and i'm not trying to offend you it's just the truth.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Peruvianmonk]

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Peruvianmonk]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join