It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea will "pay a high price" if it joins the U.S.-led drive against North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
North Korea threatens their southern neighbor to pay a high price, should they actually apply sanctions The U.N. Security Council adopted last week.

www.chron.com
SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea warned South Korea against joining international sanctions, saying Wednesday that its neighbor would "pay a high price" if it joins the U.S.-led drive to punish the reclusive communist nation for its nuclear test.

The statement from the North's Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland came as South Korea struggles to determine how it should enforce the U.N. sanctions, including whether to help interdict North Korean cargo ships suspected of transporting materials for unconventional weapons.

"If the South Korean authorities end up joining U.S.-led moves to sanction and stifle (the North) we will regard it as a declaration of confrontation against its own people ... and take corresponding measures," the North's Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland in a statement.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A though decision has to be made by the South Korean government, as it is hardly possible to determine what would happen if the Northern communist regime would collapse.

Related News Links:
www.winnipegfreepress.com

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ha! "Hey neighbor! I just built a nuclear bomb and don't appreciate you being upset with me despite your pleas not to build one. But let me tell you something...if you aren't willing to do as I say then I'm going to make sure you pay the price. Let's be friends, or I'll possibly use this bomb on you...peace out".

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's like picking on someone's little brother because you know you can't beat up the big brother. The problem is the big brother usually comes in and kicks yor ass for being a douchebag.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This guy running the show inherited from daddy, for now in NK, has three Oars in the water with only one hand free. Free to point fingers and threaten other Countries, while going around in circles.

CNN reported this morning he's claiming to have enough plutonium for seven WMD at the ready. China or no china friendship, sooner or later one or more Countries may take a giant dump on him beyond UN Sanctions.

Dallas

new topics

top topics

join