It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Says He'll Quit in 2008 After Reviving Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
After two sucessful terms, beloved president Vladimir Putin has decided to end his carreer as president of Russia in 2008. Under Putin's supervision fundaments were laid down to get Russia's economy back on track after the fall of the Soviet Union and the failures of previous in the post-Soviet era.

www.bloomberg.com
Oct. 25 (Bloomberg) -- President Vladimir Putin said he'll be able to step down when his term ends in 2008, after taking Russia's economy to new heights that will secure the country's future. He won't leave political life altogether.

Russia is entering ``an entirely new stage of its development,'' Putin told a nationwide phone-in broadcast live on all main state television channels today. He said he will be able to leave office knowing that ``everything will be fine.''

The president hailed Russia's economic growth, which he put at around 7 percent annually in recent years, vowing to encourage diversification and to increase spending in key industries. He said the country was making progress in fighting inflation, which he expects to fall to about 8 percent this year, and has paid off almost all its foreign debt.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I really admire this man for his extraordinary political skills, vision, and capability of pullgin Russia out of its economic crisis into a healthy growing nation at a rate of seven percent annually.

In the article he claims that the Russian economy is developing faster than the European economy, but slower than many Asian economies. Right analysis, but Europe has had Russia's current growth as well, the growth curve does slow down at a certain moment.

However, with the resources Russia has a bright future lies ahead. Though, the declining birth rate is a serious problem, which forced Russian authorities to subsidize women choosing to get pregnant.

Related News Links:
www.hindustantimes.com
english.aljazeera.net
today.reuters.com

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Mdv2]

[edit on 25-10-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I remember growing up in the 80s and getting pumped full of "fear the Russians!" They even had a videogame called Russian Attack! Worst game ever.

Anyways... Putin has done well but weren't there some questionable dealings with Iran in the last couple of years? Like the Russians were selling night vision goggles or some military technology to Iranians and it was winding up in the hands of terrorists-insurgents or whatever you call them. I guess you gotta do whatever it takes to get money into your economy.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
I remember growing up in the 80s and getting pumped full of "fear the Russians!" They even had a videogame called Russian Attack! Worst game ever.

Anyways... Putin has done well but weren't there some questionable dealings with Iran in the last couple of years? Like the Russians were selling night vision goggles or some military technology to Iranians and it was winding up in the hands of terrorists-insurgents or whatever you call them. I guess you gotta do whatever it takes to get money into your economy.

Those night vision googles that Hezbollah had came from the UK!!

Everyone does dodgy dealings..

new topics

join