It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops Petitition against Iraq War - Please Show Support

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Just to clarify based on the above, and my response to Syrian Sister as well as the rest of this and other similar threads - I served with the Coalition Forces for the initial invasion of Iraq. Hope this meets the experience requirement to say what I think.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You can say what you think when you feel like it; understand that at times, the way you put it together can have more meaning than what you've actually said.

However, your sarcasm is amusing. You served coalition forces during the initial invasion, then you must have some taste of combat. Did you serve as a civilian, or soldier? How long were you there? Have you experienced any of the insurgency, or are you again basing your opinion of the insurgency on what the media says about it? I'll tell you, what is actually going on, versus what is being reported, are usually not the same.

Regardless, your opinion is welcome in any debate, if I came across otherwise, know I didn't mean it that way. But it would do you well to recognize the details of the situation before commenting on it; the details are where the devil is, and all that.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well I would sign it, but from what I can understand of it, you have
to be military to do so, and since I'm not military, I can't really sign
it.

I could care less what we've done there, we (the people) we're lied
to, we did'nt send the troops there, a zealot president who lies better
than any conman did, therefore it's not our fault, and if we want the
troops back, well this IS a Democracy, and if the majority
want the troops back, than they'll damn well come back, atleast that's
how a Democracy is supposed to work.

I figure we should just threaten nuclear hellfire if the ME countries
don't be good, and if they test us, detonate a nuke in an uninhabited
section of desert, as a deterant, and a show that we mean business.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I served with the Royal Australian Air Force.

My sarcasm was based on a member who I believe has little regard for human life based on their posting history. One who glorifies the atrocities committed by the insurgency against invalid military targets (ie civilians). I have no problems with the insurgency targeting military targets. As with the French resistence in WWII, that is valid. But having someone accuse other members of being armchair generals, when in previous posts they demonstrated that they don't have a clue what they are talking about when it comes to the laws of armed conflict, military strategy and tactics, as well as basic human decency, well I'll hammer them every time. Especially ones who glorify and revel in killing when they really don't comprehend or care about what it is really means.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I would not sign it even if I was in the military or not.

What exactly is the petition going to do?

It will not change the minds of the American Administration.

The soldiers are in there until the job is finished. Petitions will make no difference at all.

I thought there was rules against this on ATS?

Recuriting for petitions etc. Or have those rules been changed?

[edit on 31-10-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Thats what soldiers agree to do if need be. It's in the contract.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join