It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS a Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hi All.

Has anyone here ever thought that there maybe members of the ATS staff that are in fact MOLES. there to Debunk any Conspiracies that have truth to them.

Possibly moving relevant information away from most peoples eyes and making jokes in the direction to generate distrust in valid information.

I would like to ask the ATS Staff what step they make to VETT their own staffs, Do the regular ATS staff feel like they are being coerced in some way.

Or I would even go so far as to say I wonder if ATS itself is simply a disinformation mechanism for the Powers that Be.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It's been done to death. Do a search and you will come up with similar threads.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
It's been done to death. Do a search and you will come up with similar threads.

Call me paranoid but I could even debate that your post could be considered a debunking technique to off put others from posting on this thread....

NeoN HaZe

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well this comes up every few months and this thread will close soon,
see here ATS History: COINTELPRO and "WhispersInTheDark"

CX

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hi Neon,

As Yossarian says, it's been done to death. I don't think theres a week goes by on ATS where someone asks this question, or accuses ATS of being one big conspiracy in itself.

Another good question would be, what would you do if this place was a conspiracy to debunk information? Would it put you off coming, or would it encourage you more?

Do a search and see how many times this place has been accused in this manner before, and the staff accused of working for the goverment or worse. Then ask one of the management whether the membership and visits has dropped because of these accusations?

Jeeez, by now i should think the 3 amigo's are easily at "myth" status. They are not in fact doing podcasts from home when you hear them, they are actualy just heads....wheeled in miles above the universe in a land that is just a rumour!
The beer they discuss is actualy the sacred conspiracy juice, they just talk about it as if it was beer so they can fit in with us mere mortals!

Seriously, even if there was something dodgy amongst the ATS management and staff.......which there is'nt.......it does'nt mean to say it would effect things in a majorly negative way anyway. There are enough people here with more than enough knowledge to debunk any crap info the management could send our way should it be false.

The three amigos and thier staff are just like you and i, and they run a great site which meets the demands of the members interests too. Personaly, i think too many people take avatars literally and think that member is actualy like the supreme being shown at the side there lol!

Then again i have'nt seen a pic of SO yet so i can't reallly base than on facts.

CX.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
oh my, could it possibly be that no matter what we do, someone will think there's a conspiracy going on somewhere? We are a conspiracy board after all.

just because a thread is moved from one forum to another doesn't make it any less important. We have specific forums for various categories, if your thread is moved it is because it didn't belong where it was, it isn't a moderator conspiracy to shut you down or diminish your thoughts.

for god sakes people, get this into your head, we are regular everyday people who love this site and volunteer our time to help keep order on the board.

Personally, I'm a housewife, a mother, a day trader, painter and crafter, not the FBI, NSA, CIA nor any other organization has ever approached me and asked that I work for them. No one has yet approached me and told me how to think, criticize or feel about any issue or topic. And while I speak for myself, I'm sure my fellow moderators feel the same.

[edit on 10-25-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

V.V.V Interesting post by SkepticOverlord there!!!!

What I find fascinating about that is that it only ran for 3 pages!!

Some threads here go on for page after page about very little, yet something as fundamentally relevant to ATS only ran 3 pages??

That is strange don't you think??

And why should this thread be closed? Don't you think it's good (if it is every few months) for new members to talk about this stuff?

Or maybe you want to resurrect the old threads??

NeoN HaZe.

CX

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

Originally posted by Sauron

V.V.V Interesting post by SkepticOverlord there!!!!

What I find fascinating about that is that it only ran for 3 pages!!

Some threads here go on for page after page about very little, yet something as fundamentally relevant to ATS only ran 3 pages??

That is strange don't you think??

No not really. Do yourself a favour and read the links regarding that thread, you'll see it went on forever and was a lot more indepth than 3 pages.

CX.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
oh my, could it possibly be that no matter what we do, someone will think there's a conspiracy going on somewhere? We are a conspiracy board after all.

just because a thread is moved from one forum to another doesn't make it any less important. We have specific forums for various categories, if your thread is moved it is because it didn't belong where it was, it isn't a moderator conspiracy to shut you down or diminish your thoughts.

Noo you miss understand. Wasn’t having a go at you WW.

It did however raise the question of motives. Why is it so important that certain information should be placed directly in the line of sight of other, yet other information is placed into obscurity.

Personally, I'm a housewife, a mother, a day trader, painter and crafter, not the FBI, NSA, CIA nor any other organization has ever approached me and asked that I work for them. No one has yet approached me and told me how to think, criticize or feel about any issue or topic. And while I speak for myself, I'm sure my fellow moderators feel the same..

But wouldn't you say that what ever the truth was??

I would suggest maybe the ATS staff actually reveal themselves a little to the people here at ATS. Surely it would be nice to actually have a THIS IS US page or something??

In answer to your post CX I would simply say that it would have a definite impact on my presence at ATS if ATS were shown to be tighed to the POWERS that BE.

Why would I want to Highlight White Papers or bring to the attention of others my thoughts and feelings on subjects of relevance here if they are likely to be de-bunked by the powers that be?.

I think that what would create a better quality ATS, where people are more likely to be honest about thier thoughts and feelings is if there was far more Transparency on ATS's part.

After all aren't the people that come here likely to be distrustful anyway?? Would certainly make them more likely to post good stuff.

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
line of sight....

that is a matter of perception. Are you assuming that 100% of ATS or even the majority look at the same forums, subscribe to the same threads, and are not versatile enough to click different tabs?

ATS consists of ATS, BTS, PTS, Blogs, IgnoranceDenied, Podcasts, TinWiki and more. There are forums catering to every taste. There are members who go to the ATS main page and check only the hot threads, some go directly to the New Posts Page, Some go to MYATS or MYNEW, Some go to BTS first.

Your perception of what is being seen, I believe is completely limited. Just because you may not get responses to a thread, or don't see it as being popular, doesn't mean it wasn't looked at or read.

And while you may not be having a go at me, I feel I must "have a go" at you and anyone who else looking for a conspiracy where there isn't one.

and I sorry for ranting today, but I've got to speak my mind since I haven't been posting as much as i normally do. It's gets tiring and frustrating to see people perpetuate and spend their energy going over and over again something I feel has been discussed to death, when real conspiracies that affect all of us are brushed aside. If you feel a thread or story is important enough, then do something about it, do some research, keep posting, keep the thread alive, don't whine and complain, make me want to read and spend my time composing a reply.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
line of sight....

Interesting choice of words WW... what exactly do you mean by that?

Your perception of what is being seen, I believe is completely limited. Just because you may not get responses to a thread, or don't see it as being popular, doesn't mean it was looked at or read.

Not at all. It is clear where most people are as the majority of people that HAVE looked at a thread is clearly marked on the thread header is it not??

I am not looking to trash any aspect of BTS, PTS, Blogs, IgnoranceDenied, Podcasts, TinWiki etc...

I simply suggested that some information is highlighted, while other is swept to a place it would not be seen by as many people or by the type of people the information was intended.

And while you may not be having a go at me, I feel I must "have a go" at you and anyone who else looking for a conspiracy where there isn't one.

Not sure what to say to that.....

I guess I have to keep my mouth zipped since you are a SUPER MOD...

As a Member though, should I not have the right to express what I feel would increase the quality of ATS?.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Or I would even go so far as to say I wonder if ATS itself is simply a disinformation mechanism for the Powers that Be.

If the PTB are controlling/affecting my judgement, it must be highly subliminal, because there has been very little 'top down communications' in my experience so far.

The one thing which stands out is the support given out when someone is faced with life's difficulties. Otherwise there has been nothing at all, really. The Admin of ATS are relatively 'hands off' when it comes to moderators because ALL the direction needed is contained in that remarkable T&C document.

If there was any truth to the notion that staff are 'directed and influenced' other than by the Terms and Conditions, I would think that I would have found out about it by now.

One more thing, though...if I thought I was being manipulated, I would have left ATS at once, because I am fiercely independent and would hate thos chains of control.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Call me paranoid but I could even debate that your post could be considered a debunking technique to off put others from posting on this thread....

Call me reasonable, but the same suggestion could be made to the mass-variety of posts that frequently come up suggesting the same, from occasional members.

I am sure if a giant reference thread were to be made listing all the threads over the years suggesting the same, that it would be a HUGE topic to read.

Just abunch of regular folks, enjoying a site they are either a member of, or are staff of to help keep things neat and tidy and enjoyable for all.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by smirkley]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

If the PTB are controlling/affecting my judgment, it must be highly subliminal, because there has been very little 'top down communications' in my experience so far.

How do you mean top exactly? Do you mean the ATS Staff or TOP as in 'THEM' if you follow me?

The one thing which stands out is the support given out when someone is faced with life's difficulties. Otherwise there has been nothing at all, really. The Admin of ATS are relatively 'hands off' when it comes to moderators because ALL the direction needed is contained in that remarkable T&C document.

Yes you said very little 'top down communications' what exactly was the instance?

If there was any truth to the notion that staff are 'directed and influenced' other than by the Terms and Conditions, I would think that I would have found out about it by now.

How can you be sure of that? How can any member be sure of that?

One more thing, though...if I thought I was being manipulated, I would have left ATS at once, because I am fiercely independent and would hate those chains of control.

I totally respect that attitude and the thought certainly has crossed my mind in the last hour or so. seems like I have been taking a lot of HEAT over even the suggestion that all is not as it seems.

This I find incredible given the nature of ATS I am utterly flabbergasted at the negativity this thought seems to have generated.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon HazeAs a Member though, should I not have the right to express what I feel would increase the quality of ATS?.

Of course you do. But don't start assuming stuff about us. WW is a mother, housewife, day trader, painter etc...

I am a 27 year old Arubian, who likes alternative topics, who loves music, especially caribbean music, and who works in a small IT company. We all were members just like you.

The only person who was staff from the beginning was Simon. Everyone, including SO, Springer, and WOS where just members when they joined ATS, and were invited by Simon to become staff, and were promoted up untill they reached the status of Admin (And in SO & Springers' case to part owner). And that's because of the great work that they have done for the site.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley

Call me reasonable, but the same suggestion could be made to the mass-variety of posts that frequently come up suggesting the same, from occasional members.

I am sure if a giant reference thread were to be made listing all the threads over the years suggesting the same, that it would be a HUGE topic to read.

My point is just because the topic comes up every now and then, is that enough for it to be invalid?

would It be better if I search and just add to one of the other posts?

Or is it a hosting issue? perhaps ATS needs a new rack just to hold one thread??

Just abunch of regular folks, enjoying a site they are either a member of, or are staff of to help keep things neat and tidy and enjoyable for all.

That has been my experience until today... Looks like I hit a RAW nerve.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
line of sight... as in your vision, your perception, your one sided view of what you think you see.

how does something get "highlighted"??? could it be that it's a good story, maybe a great thread title, a hot topic? What do most of these "highlighted" topics have in common?

as a member you are expressing what you feel and think, has anyone stopped you???

And as a member I am doing the same. I chose to reply to your thread, thereby effectively making my moderating abilities null and void thru this discussion. As a supermod, I could have just closed it and pointed you to several other existing threads along the same line.

The whole point of my reply to you and anyone else reading this, I'm saying that if you took as much time as you spent to compose and think about an ATS conspiracy, searching and reading the site, you could and obviously wouldn't need to bring up this redundant issue again.

ATS Three Amigos government experiment

AboveTopSecret.com is a Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation

oh and there's more.. use the search.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Yes you said very little 'top down communications' what exactly was the instance?

The instance that stands out most is the support given to William One Sac during a troublesome time.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Of course you do. But don't start assuming stuff about us. WW is a mother, housewife, day trader, painter etc...

I know where you are coming from but that is why I call for more transparency about how ATS runs. Maybe all the Admin / Mods should have their own ATS page where they can intro themselves??

I am a 27 year old Arubian, who likes alternative topics, who loves music, especially Caribbean music, and who works in a small IT company. We all were members just like you.

Interesting.... what kind of Alternative topics are you into?

The only person who was staff from the beginning was Simon. Everyone, including SO, Springer, and WOS where just members when they joined ATS, and were invited by Simon to become staff, and were promoted up until they reached the status of Admin (And in SO & Springers' case to part owner). And that's because of the great work that they have done for the site.

Very very interesting indeed. I had no idea this was the way ATS was Run.... But again, I still say Clarity is needed not just for me but for all the members that are here.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

My point is just because the topic comes up every now and then, is that enough for it to be invalid?

Understandable, and yes I look at it from the other side as well, could also be said that from persons who suggest in a post what comes up again and again. Both points could be argued till the end of time with no results other than loading up the database.

would It be better if I search and just add to one of the other posts?

I think most of them get closed week after week as it just doesnt do anything for anybody to keep them open just to re-hash over and over everything.

But the search will provide many threads, and it may even provide the answer you are looking for.

That has been my experience until today... Looks like I hit a RAW nerve.

No, no raw nerve. I think it just gets old after awhile I guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join