It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could it be possible 2 reach the ocean from Groom Lake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Semperfi posted a thread with the question to Lear on USO's . And that got me thinking ; could it be possible 2 reach the ocean tru Groom lake?

The idea is like this : lets say Area 51 is a cover for their secret stuff (no1 up here can prove Area 51 holds secret stuff) so how about this since they build Area 51, the gov got tons of years 2 make a passage from Area 51 2 Some place who connects 2 the oceans what if they linked Area 51 with a base who is somewhere in the ocean? Who would know? maybe they just moved al the secret USO/UFO Stuff 2 a more secure location!!

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Hey what do you think of the USO topic

[edit on 24-10-2006 by Spartannic]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If they have a tunnel from Nevada to the Pacific they're cutting across the San Andreas Fault- an area that is under stress and constantly on the move geologically speaking. A project of that scale would make the Chunnel look like model train tunnel and costs would be so lofty that they couldn't be hidden.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Until Mr. Lear put forth his knowledge we may never have really thought about this.

If you think about it why not? Why couldn't we create area's underground (in deserts) and flood them so subs, ships whatever could travel within them. I recall reading that in many states in the mid west people reported hearing booms underground and also feeling the ground vibrate under there feet from what sounded like some kind of deep machinery.

I think we really need to think about this.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i think it could easily been done since they had more then 50 years time and if they start on the shore they could drop the earthmass leaving the tunnel into the ocean!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I doubt it.
Too expensive for whatever benefit could be gained from it.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Too expensive for whatever benefit could be gained from it.
who cares if its expensive they have a unlimited supply of money coming from the taxpayers! and what could be gained from it is clear 2 me : they could get their secret stuff out of the land in case of an invasion or disaster !!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Mmm, I believe that Death Valley is below sea level and I'm not sure
about the surrounding area, but along with the San Andreas fault, I
guess it would be quite a project.

I'm not sure about an invasion and where you would hide your
secrets, in fact, it maybe easier to make a base out at sea, possibly
under the guise of oil rig set-up.

Is it true they would have dig two tunnels? One to get to the ocean
and the other to hide the dirt in from the 1st tunnel.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cruizer
If they have a tunnel from Nevada to the Pacific they're cutting across the San Andreas Fault- an area that is under stress and constantly on the move geologically speaking. A project of that scale would make the Chunnel look like model train tunnel and costs would be so lofty that they couldn't be hidden.

I'm not saying that there is a tunnel, but i'm saying that money is not an issue for "black projects". Forget about taxpayer's money, the real funds come from drugs. That is where most of the money for those types of projects comes from. There is nothing to hide, because to the people of America, that money doesn't exist (ie we have no knowledge of it).

I don't believe that there is a tunnel from groom lake to the ocean. Maybe from somewhere else, but not here. They don't even really have to build a tunnel if you think about it, why not just build another base in the middle of the ocean where nobody will ever know about it. It could be so far in the middle of nowhere (where no ships would travel because of trade routes etc.) that you wouldn't even have to worry about anything. People sometimes don't realize just how big our oceans are, and with all of the technology they have, they could even have a base underwater in the ocean.

Basically the way i feel about this is that they wouldn't have to worry about money, but i don't think that they would build it from groom lake either.

Pancho

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Money certainly is an issue for black projects.

All of them have to sponge off of other acknowledged projects and the people in the normal ones don't like that, and the overall thing is controlled by Congress who wants pet projects in their district, and then those have to be reasonably open.

Money is the central issue for every damn piece of the government bureaucracy; reports, budgets and regulations occupy a great deal of everybody's time.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Didn't Rumsfeld report sometime that we were missing over 3 trillion dollars?

How do you lose over 3 trillion? Does anyone know of this?

[edit on 25-10-2006 by observe50]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Didn't Rumsfeld report sometime that we were missing over 3 trillion dollars?

[edit on 25-10-2006 by observe50]
Would't that do the trick??

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Any high performance vehicle leaving a runway on Groom has plenty of sky to climb to and manuever considering the size of the place and the very fact that YOU and I can't see 50,000 feet high and discern anything about a aircraft traveling there.

So did the SR-71 go through some tunnel to the Pacific, F- 117? And they did what, sink to the ocean floor or fire up and emerge from the waves using underwater powerplants that were stripped off once they became public? The SR flew all over the place from concrete runways making sonic booms. Hard to see it at 120,000 feet of course.

The underground booms or atmospheric ones where there is no source is a completely different phenomena that has been around long before jets or even subs. The low frequency vibration of "machinery" phenomena experienced by some people in all parts of the world is a whole different thing as well going back before industrial times and certainly any underground facilities of any type. Track it down- goes back 100s of years.

Try this on for size:

Aurora is carried aloft by a C-5 (good idea- less visual exposure) to 35,000 feet where its huge clam-shell doors open and the ship is extended via a hoist arm as it powers up. Wing tips unfold and lock as the plane is dropped to then fly under its own power. It climbs to well over 100,000 feet by using a turbo-ramjet engine ingesting exotic methane or hydrogen fuel as it travels at 3,800 MPH to survey its designated target. Once the mission is complete the Son of Blackbird would meet up with another or the same C-5 where the boom would extend, capture would occur, the wing tips folded, and it would be swallowed up inside the massive mother ship.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Such a tunnel would be neither practical, nor cost effective....and regardless of what you may think, black projects still require funds, and they are not from an "endless" coffer...a deep coffer, and yes, much of it is from illegal activity (we've seen plenty of examples..Vietnam, Iran/Contra, modern Afghanistan, etc.), but it does have a limit, nonetheless.

You could just as easily hunker down underground as you can get to sea...so no real value there. In fact, considering the breadth of ocean monitoring, underground is far more secretive.

As Goldblum's dad in ID4 once said..."you don't really think they pay $400 for a hammer, do you?"

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As seen here there is a possibility that there is a way---

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There has been talk of specialized technology for tunnelling that literally melts rock instead of drilling or crushing it. If such technology exists and it is claimed to be nuclear then it would allow for tunnelling as easily as we make roads on the surface. In fact it could be easier.

All the same I think that any USO bases would tend to be around Islands or deep in ocean and sea crevices or naturally protected areas. I see no reason to tunnel deep under a continent for such a type of base.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yes, The Alien bases are in the deepest of our waters but we are talking human here I believe.
That was a great article thank you for posting it.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by observe50]

new topics

top topics

join