It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

missing your points on ATSNN?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Anybody recognize this? You post, you recieve the upgrade u2u:

To show our gratitude, you have been awarded 250 ATS points

- and nothing happens.

Except for one time, I've been forced to approach the ATSNN with my painful requests. Most time nothing happens.

I've tried to use the complain button, dead silence. I've tried to put my complains in a proper forum, a thread recommanded to put replies to Simon's ABOUT ATS: The points system. (updated). Ah ah, he will listen, I thought.

Well, maybe his off for vacation on Crypton.

That was 4 days ago. I doubt anybody ever saw my complaining post. Then the other day I happened to get contact to a mod, and you know how it is with mods, there're the friendlier kind and there're are the bullier kind. This one's definitely the former. So I had a good conversation on the point system, and the problem on ATSNN is it don't show the points. It's a bugger to the mods too, and they,ve made top admin aware of the problem.

I also got the advice, when points where missing, to contact any ATSNN mod. Well, I did two days ago concerning my latest upgrade left unawarded. No reply. Which by the way leaves me with three unawarded upgrades.

What can I do? Should I even care?

Well, the mods got the rules to bash us with, so aren't we allowed to bash them with the same?

Originally posted by Simon Gray
The intent of the points system on our forums is to provide a more meaningful measure of your contribution to the community...
...an accepted submission earns 250 ATS points

(still wondering why the submit form says 750)

Last but not least: Let our score boards be shown on ATSNN.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think I have the same thing happen to me when a story is upgraded, but I don't really sweat it anymore, because I have my points up to where I don't really worry anymore about them. They afford me to keep RATS access and have decent upload space. If you don't get an answer (though I'm sure you will), you can always create a member podcast or just be the best you can be and push farther to gain Applause for your postings.

Other than that, I don't know.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's a glitch.

Personally, I'm too busy to keep up with manually adding points. If asked to do so I have no problem doing it, though.

That said, you're a 1000 points richer.
Thanks for your patience, and keep up the good work on ATSNN!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well it looks like you got your points. From some 6k to 8k. You're rich!!! Look at all those fancy luxuries on ya.

And all I got is an avatar.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
Anybody recognize this? You post, you recieve the upgrade u2u:

To show our gratitude, you have been awarded 250 ATS points

- and nothing happens.

Except for one time, I've been forced to approach the ATSNN with my painful requests. Most time nothing happens.

What can I do? Should I even care?

Khunmoon my friend, now why in the name of Jupiter's great moons, are you desperate for ATS points?

More doesn't mean you'll be offered a trip to Serpo, or a week's free holiday in the Carribean Islands, or a complementary ride to the International Space Station!!

So just chill man, and enjoy posting on ATS!!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
And all I got is an avatar.

Oy!

There ya go khun, the question was answered for us all. I have wondered at times when I have received an upgrade, but never gave too much thought to it after. Like I said, eventually you'll have the points to keep steady and have the extra perks. I really don't even pay attention to points that much (unless I go negative, which I really don't like.)

Originally posted by mikesingh
More doesn't mean you'll be offered a trip to Serpo, or a week's free holiday in the Carribean Islands, or a complementary ride to the International Space Station!!

*unpacks bags, goes back to watching the travel channel*

[edit on 10/24/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Problem fixed, and once more the mods assured me they are working to get the glitch fixed.

Foregive me mikesingh, foregive my vanity, but I'm new in the crowd, working to establish a reputation.

[edited to add my humble thanks]
Thank You everybody! I DO love ATS.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by khunmoon]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hmmm I agree with Khun,
And the others in a sense, I would truly appreciate my bonus points so I can purchase on ATS, not to show off.
WIS

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Foregive me mikesingh, foregive my vanity, but I'm new in the crowd, working to establish a reputation.

Don't do that. We've had too many trouble with people who were more worried about their reputation than making good posts. Those people have a big digital Ego, or d-Ego.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Huh, I didn't even know that the points didn't add, I never paid much attention to it. To all the new members who care about points, let me tell you something, back in the day we got five points for every post.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bandit795

Don't do that. We've had too many trouble with people who were more worried about their reputation than making good posts.

Well, the only thing you have on a board to judge someone is the subjects they post and the efforts they put into them to make their message come through, i.e. form, language, spelling and so.
To me that's reputation.

I can assure you, I put a lot of effort in mine, and if I don't think they're good, I don't post them. Which doesn't mean I post them for other members to agree.
I post them to make my point of view be known.

And I do think we all post to make a change - to this world. If possible.

[edit to reply on Westpoint's view]
No, when I'm in the tens of k of points, I won't care anymore.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by khunmoon]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
So you get no points even when the u2u comes in saying you got 250 for an atsnn article?

Uhh . . . let's see . . . 18 articles, at 250 points each . . . so that's, uhh . . . that's 4, 500 points I don't have!!!

Nah, jk, don't bother. I'm set anyway.
Just post heaps is my advice. The points will start rolling in.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
khun,

I was wondering the same thing! I recently submitted my first ATSNN and got the upgrade U2U but not the 250 pts.

Kind of a ripoff... but you can get points for so many things. The most important thing is trying to contribute to quality discussions. Also, many ATS members are quite intelligent and I have learned alot since joining.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Well, the only thing you have on a board to judge someone is the subjects they post and the efforts they put into them to make their message come through, i.e. form, language, spelling and so.

Just look at the subject they're posting on and see if the topic is interesting, adding to the discussions, and if it's living up to the ATS motto.

I don't look at form or the spelling unless it's so extreme that I can't read it. We used to have people who always came up with big intelligent sounding words to beef up their posts which were usually about nonsense... There are tens of thousands of members here who have a different native language than English.

To me that's reputation.

Don't make the mistake that others have made before. Like I've told you before, we've had numerous members who valued their reputation much more than the actual discussions here. Some ended up leaving on their own, disgusted that the forum wasn't going their way.. But lots of them turned out to be the biggest drama queens, and ended up breaking the terms & conditions continuously. You can guess what happened after that.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Bandit,

We used to have people who always came up with big intelligent sounding words to beef up their posts which were usually about nonsense..

Are you saying that my application of relevant verbiage is at times incomprehensible or extensively delineated and causing characteristically adverse reactions?

Semper

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Bandit,

We used to have people who always came up with big intelligent sounding words to beef up their posts which were usually about nonsense..

Are you saying that my application of relevant verbiage is at times incomprehensible or extensively delineated and causing characteristically adverse reactions?

Semper

So can I help it if I’m a sophistical rhetorician inebriated with the exuberance of my own verbosity??

Must remember to throw Wren & Martin out of the window!!

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
It's a glitch.

Personally, I'm too busy to keep up with manually adding points. If asked to do so I have no problem doing it, though.

That said, you're a 1000 points richer.
Thanks for your patience, and keep up the good work on ATSNN!

Hey Parr! ... Ummm I certainly would like to be 1,000 points richer so surly you could make that happen huh??? I'll be waiting at my computer for the u2u. Thanks!

top topics

join