It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About The National ID Card

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Is it true its gonna be issued in May of 2008? And if so....Will you accept it?

And I have not done alot of research about it,just heard about it on this video called "America, Freedom to Fachism" can anyone tell me more about this ID card?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Real I.D

There ya go. They really are pushing the boundaries of what we'll accept for "safety" these days.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Wow.......looks like we are soon we are going to be in the "Show me your papers" age. I for one refuse to accept this. Cause this is total crap.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everythingyouknowisalie
Wow.......looks like we are soon we are going to be in the "Show me your papers" age. I for one refuse to accept this. Cause this is total crap.

You can refuse to accept it... but at some point you'll have to accept it, unless you prefer to live in the woods and fend for yourself.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey

Originally posted by Everythingyouknowisalie

You can refuse to accept it... but at some point you'll have to accept it, unless you prefer to live in the woods and fend for yourself.

If, and I realise how unbelievably big that IF has to be, enough people said 'no' then they would have to re-think the whole scheme.

I'm in the UK and we have some very prominent voices, albeit 'Celebrities' that are asking, urging and in some cases telling people to say no to this.

I personally believe there is enough people on this forum alone to make a stand, thus a difference, its just a matter of utilizing the numbers.

[edit on 24/10/2006 by JebusSaves]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have absolutely no problems with the new ID proposal.

In fact, I think it's a step forward. I cannot tell you how many fake ID's I've encountered in my life working doors at clubs, or being a cocktail waitress - and this is just for the aquisition of alcohol. What about guns? What about serious fraud? Impersonation?

Our system is already being abused at a high rate, it only seems natural they will try to up the security standards of World Citizens.

And as far as I know, the Police have the right to ask for identification already - even from law abiding citizens. It's happened to me several times already.

I will say this - I admire those of us who are less than happy with it - there is nothing wrong with protesting a measure such as this, especially in light of what history has already shown us...it's good to see that so many are oppossed to a totalitarian and/or fascist ideology.

But imho, I think undue and uneeded paranoia on the subject will only define our own perceptions and realities, and in this day of constant "terror alerts" and the fearmongering - I can't say I can advocate the use of the very same tactics against and new and improved technological advancement in the way of identity cards.

There is nothing worse than hearing people complain about "sheeple" being lead to the proverbial slaughter, while all the while acting like one themselves, alibet with a different slant. (this is not a personal attack on anyone, btw - just a generalization.)

Doesn't anyone percieve the benefits of this proposed card, or is it too much of a temptation to play the Paranoia Game with every aspect of change in our lives in the modern landscape?

[edit on 24-10-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Here are some pertinent news stories regarding the Real ID Act:

Americans Mull National ID Cards (CNN)
Why the Real ID Act is a Real Mess (CNN)
FAQ: How the Real ID Act Will Affect You (CNET News)
Tech.gov: Real ID's Real Problems (PC World)

Implementation of the act is running into significant difficulty on a state by state basis, owing to logistical and financial hurdles.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
I have absolutely no problems with the new ID proposal.

In fact, I think it's a step forward. I cannot tell you how many fake ID's I've encountered in my life working doors at clubs, or being a cocktail waitress - and this is just for the aquisition of alcohol. What about guns? What about serious fraud? Impersonation?

(snip)

But imho, I think undue and uneeded paranoia on the subject will only define our own perceptions and realities, and in this day of constant "terror alerts" and the fearmongering - I can't say I can advocate the use of the very same tactics against and new and improved technological advancement in the way of identity cards.

There is nothing worse than hearing people complain about "sheeple" being lead to the proverbial slaughter, while all the while acting like one themselves, alibet with a different slant. (this is not a personal attack on anyone, btw - just a generalization.)

Doesn't anyone percieve the benefits of this proposed card, or is it too much of a temptation to play the Paranoia Game with every aspect of change in our lives in the modern landscape?

The paranoia stems from the idea that while everyone is getting used to the new I.D. cards (with the smart chips) those who are working on R.F.I.D. implants are perfecting the chips. Eventually the government will decide that the cards are easily stolen or forged and the only real solution is to get chipped (implants). When that becomes mandatory, will you still be willing to get in line?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Screw that!
I'd rather live in the woods and fend for myself. No card, no chip.
They will have to physically restrain me to implant me, and I'll cut that thing out first chance I get!
I'd move to another country, but would it really make a difference in the long run?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   

The paranoia stems from the idea that while everyone is getting used to the new I.D. cards (with the smart chips) those who are working on R.F.I.D. implants are perfecting the chips. Eventually the government will decide that the cards are easily stolen or forged and the only real solution is to get chipped (implants). When that becomes mandatory, will you still be willing to get in line?

When, (and if) that happens - (at this point I still view it as paranoia and speculation) - I will protest. Until then it is simply speculation.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

and this is just for the aquisition of alcohol. What about guns?

You obviously have not purchased a gun recently.

Buying a firearm requires more than just flashing your licence. It requires paperwork with your SS#, address, age, FBI background check and "permission", it really would be a lot easier to simply steal a gun from a persons home, or have someone else buy it and then report it stolen to keep their name clean. A new ID will not have any effect on how easy it is for a person to get a weapon.

The same goes for Alcohol, this will not keep high school kids from getting alcohol I can promise you that. I really cannot think of ANYTHING that the new ID will improve.

What the new ID will cause, is an increase in identity theft, since ALL of your information will now be on one handy little card. And how many Police officers would you trust with not only your DL# and SS#, but your credit information, bank information, pin#s, political affiliation, ect.? Cops are people too, and many of them are as crooked as any street thug. And its not just cops. Any place you would normally use an ID will now have access to this information as well. This will make victims of us all.

The only ones to benefit from this will be criminals and DHS. Since they will be able to pull up one easy list and see everything you have done since you where issued the card. If your family has a cold, and you have purchased a "suspect" amount of cold medicine, then expect the police to be notified that you are a potential meth house. If you have a firearms hobby, and like to hunt or shoot on the weekends, expect to have your ammunition purchases capped at an "acceptable" limit per year or month. If you purchased alcohol early in the night, and you drive through a police checkpoint(which are more and more common here in Oklahoma) the police will know you made the purchase and have all the reason they need to pull you out of the vehicle and search your car for an open container, regardless of your sobriety. And GOD FORBID you do something stupid like purchase anything like ammo, bleach, ammonia, fertilizer, ect. the same day as purchasing a plane ticket.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Nicotine1982]

top topics

join