It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats try to Deceive Christian Conservatives

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
www.newsmax.com...

Democrats have been agonizing since Election Day 2004 over how to repackage their message to deceive values voters into believing they truly represent their interests. Never mind their promotion of same-sex marriage, abortion on demand and partial birth abortion. Never mind their ridiculing of Christian conservatives, their comparisons of Christian "fundamentalists" to Islamic fundamentalists or their institutional sneering at Boy Scouts.

Conservative Christians, I might add, didn't start this fight. They didn't issue the unconstitutional federal judicial edict severely restricting state regulation of abortions. They didn't try to change the thousands-year-old institution of traditional marriage. They aren't leading the assault on religious freedoms.

I would agree that the Dems would have a hard time trying to reinvent themselves as conservative in any way. Typical, want the power and thats it. I think most people are concerned about Security and the Economy. Where are their ideas? I mean Ideas, not just negativity.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ultra Right Wing Christians, called RWRWs, Right Wing Religious Wackos, bring it on themselves. Pat Robertson is their Chief Spokesman and High Guru. That in itself makes the Christians suspect. or at least suspicious. They cannot persuade people in open debate or discourse, their most prized arguments fail.

They can’t get the general population to adopt their own True Version of the Truth, so they have found a man willing to trade off with them. Bush43 don’t care about much other than money and oil, so to get power he made his bargain with the devil. “You vote for me and I’ll give you America!”
The general public is fed up with hearing those hypocrites who claims to be “talking to God” and worse, “that God speaks back.”

It is a failed enterprise.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

by donwhite
so they have found a man willing to trade off with them. Bush43 don’t care about much other than money and oil, so to get power he made his bargain
edited by HimWho

Very possible that he traded them for the power. My question is, Are the Democrats any different? I mean, they're just looking to make a trade for the Power right?

Thus, my query, Where are their idea's on Security and Economy. I personally don't think that just getting out of Iraq overnight is good for our security. And as far as the economy goes........hard to argue with the wall street and unemployment #'s.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Where are their idea's on Security and Economy.

you may want to check out their plan for the first 100 hours a look through.

Day One: Put new rules in place to "break the link between lobbyists and legislation."

Day Two: Enact all the recommendations made by the commission that investigated the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Time remaining until 100 hours: Raise the minimum wage to $7.25 an hour, maybe in one step. Cut the interest rate on student loans in half. Allow the government to negotiate directly with the pharmaceutical companies for lower drug prices for Medicare patients.

I think it has also been called the 'new direction' or something akin.

I personally don't think that just getting out of Iraq overnight is good for our security.

There are very few people, even on the left, advocating an immediate, unconditional, complete withdrawal.

And as far as the economy goes........hard to argue with the wall street and unemployment #'s.

I found the following to be eye opening:

The Dow Jones Industrial Average was bouncing around 11,000 in the year 2000. Last week's close was 12,002. So, based on those numbers, after swiping trillions of taxpayer dollars -- borrowed from you and your children--and tossing it into the gaping bottomless maw of Wall Street's elite like so much papery green chum, the return on the DJIA during CEO Mastermind George Bush's reign weighs in at a whopping ~ 1.5% a year or so. In between it took a steep dip resembling a certain mountain pass in Tora Bora and has regained just barely enough to rival the interest my credit union pays on a checking account. Goodness gracious, where will we spend it all?

And for you tech investors, the NASDAQ Composite Index hit a high of about 5000 in March of 2000. It ended the week at 2342. Good grief, you'd have done considerably better if you had sealed the cash in a tin can and buried it in your yard for the last six years. Were the NASDAQ COMP a conscious entity in need of immediate medical attention, it might just give up at this point and opt for a mercy killing, lest the poor thing suffer another agonizing botched operation under the inept knife wielding hands of Doc Bush and Nurse Cheney.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by zoopnfunk]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted by zoopnfunk
There are very few people, even on the left, advocating an immediate, unconditional, complete withdrawal.

So no difference there.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average was bouncing around 11,000 in the year 2000. Last week's close was 12,002.

Conveniently left out of this analysis are a couple of small facts. Namely, the Destruction of the World Trade Center and the ensuing wars that have kept us from having a repeat. Those things alone can negatively effect ones economy.

But it seems to me I remember hearing that the recession had already started before the current administration had taken office? At any rate, I know one thing that won't help MY wallet, and that's a bunch of new taxes!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

So no difference there.

there seems to be very little difference when it comes right down to it.

But it seems to me I remember hearing that the recession had already started before the current administration had taken office?

Technically? No.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
and I know one thing that isn't gonna help my kid's wallets....

a bunch of tax breaks along side a bunch of spending increases!!

if we are at war, and I keep hearing about this war so we must be...
my son's getting ready to head over there...so we must be...

well, if we are at war, that war costs a heck of alot of money.
and it doesn't help when millions and billions are lost, ripped off, or whatever happens that puts it all into that black hole....where's that money coming from? it's simple.

the kids they are sending over there now to fight and possibly be killed or maimed and come home when it's all over and be paying much, much higher taxes to pay for the war that they fought because their parents....DIDN'T WANT TO PAY A BUNCH OF HIGHER TAXES!!!

our kids are making thier sacrifices....with their blood....
where's your sacrifice?
gee when my dad went to fight world war two, those who stayed home made scacrifices, it didn't kill them...honest it didn't.

as far as the dems decieving the christians...lol!!!!
the republicans have misled them so badly they're probably not listening to any of them anymore...

[edit on 27-10-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Money vanishing... like the 3.1 trillion from the FBI before september 11? Or the 500 millions in Iraq?

Also, the Dow Jones hitting a 12.000 doesn't mean anything, the economy is in bad shape and it's gonna lead to a great depression 2, worse than in 29. Be prepared. They will bring the North American Union as a saviour... They bring the things needed for a problem(spending) that lead to a big problem (big depression) then they bring a solution (North American Union + ID card)...

ALL STAGED!

And the democrats are as corrupts as the republicans. The worse of them all are the neo-cons. They literally sold this country to corporations and killed the constitution.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
and I know one thing that isn't gonna help my kid's wallets....

a bunch of tax breaks along side a bunch of spending increases!!

Most traditional conservatives are concerned and realize as much:

But since the GOP majority in Congress has engaged in an unprecedented spending spree, conservatives know that Democrats cannot be any worse and that divided government may lead to less spending," Viguerie said.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

When measured properly, the federal govern­ment’s debt burden is actually below the post–World War II average. It is lower than it was at any time during the 1990s.

www.heritage.org...

Anytime during the 1990's? Hmmm....

Tax revenues were up nearly 13 percent, about $176 billion more than last year's total, according to the Treasury Department. The Congressional Budget Office, using slightly different measures, reported tax receipts in the first eight months of the year were up 12.8 percent, the second-fastest growth in nearly 25 years. Only last year's 15.5 percent growth was greater.

www.heartland.org...

Fastest growing two years in the last 25? The doom and gloom is fading fast!

Starting to wonder if Christian Conservatives were actually duped. I mean Economy rolling, faith based initiatives increased. Sounds like what they were after.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
And so much for that:

Economic growth slowed to a crawl in the third quarter, advancing at a pace of just 1.6 percent, the worst in more than three years.
The latest snapshot of the economy, released by the Commerce Department on Friday, showed that the slumping housing market figured prominently in the economy's dramatic loss of momentum. Investment in homebuilding was cut by the biggest amount since early 1991.

Anyway, I digress... there are a lot more reasons than the economy to vote for the democrats in Nov. The republicans having total control over both branches has us in a real mess.

Checks and balances my friend... you have to be really blindly partisian not to understand the dynamics of this election and what's at stake. I would reccommend you pick up a copy of Colin Powell's recently released book and read it before the election -- you might be suprised.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by zoopnfunk]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Checks and balances my friend... you have to be really blindly partisian not to understand the dynamics of this election and what's at stake.

I couldn't agree more. I'm amazed by how many don't understand this. Most people would label me very left of center but that doesn't mean I don't see value in having conservatives in office. You always want a healthy mix of opinions and perspectives. Of course that slows down what any one party is able to accomplish... but do we really care?? As long as I have money in my pocket and an SUV with cool rims isn't that what life is about?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted by zoopnfunk
The republicans having total control over both branches has us in a real mess.

I guess I just don't agree with this statement. Economy's good, Security's good, and yes, that's what life is all about. And there are plenty of Democrats in Congress, close to half if I recall.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Economy's good, Security's good, and yes, that's what life is all about.

... No. Economy not good, security is not good, freedom is not good, constitution has disappear... we are merging into a North American Union, they want to go after Iran, ect... You're blind if you vote for republicans after all the bad things the Bush administration did!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Democrats try to Deceive Christian Conservatives

Why?? They are already doing a pretty darned good job of that on their own

Don't believe me? Read the posts above this one.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
it is imparitive for the US and the rest of the world that Democrats take back this country from the crazy-Yes Crazy-Republicans.

We Are A Joke To The Rest Of The World-Republicans fault.

We Are on the Verge of collapsing as a country-Republicans Fault

We have even worse security now with this new administration-Republicans Fault

The Country is going to become bankrupt financialy-Republicans Fault

We are strongly disliked by most of the world-Republicans Fault(Mostly)

Economy is real bad. I don't know who actually believes anything positive comming from the financial reports from wall street, becuase experiance is telling them that the economy SUCKS HARD right now.-Republicans Fault

Kids and young adults are being abandoned, fully exploited, and turned into slave labor, with a death of the middle class. Kids graduating from Ivroy league schools can't even get work-Republicans Fault

Education no longer matters because the republicans have done all they could to destroy americas educational system-Republicans Fault.

The country has lost it's seperation of Church and State-republicans fault

The country has lost it's constitution-Republicans Fault

Our free press is #47 or something close in the world for being able to actually be free to write what is going on. This in the worlds "freeist nation" -Republicans Fault

Oil cartels, and lobbiests have nearly free control of the government-Republicans Fault

They have done NOTHING to stop terrorism-republicans fault

They are destroyingthe only thing that makes us human and that is science and higher thought-Republicans Fault.

Republicans are liars, cheats(Both presidential elections), morally corrupt, And are NOT interested in you unless you have money they can weasel away. Republicans have demonstrated that they are bad for this country.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted by vitchilo
... No. Economy not good, security is not good, freedom is not good, constitution has disappear... we are merging into a North American Union, they want to go after Iran, ect... You're blind if you vote for republicans after all the bad things the Bush administration did!

You're the kind of person who sees the glass half empty aren't you?

BASSPLYR,

Your accusations are BASSLESS. You really need to back yourself up with facts. Anyone can just repeat a bunch a stuff they heard somewhere. C'mon, ditch the litany of points, and just focus in on one, and back it up! Please. Oh, and I mean links,etc.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You have voted BASSPLYR for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Great post! And those who still believe the republican crap have their heads in *the clouds*. And if they win, it's a stole election, hell even texas will vote against Bush!

mod edit, removed vulgarity

[edit on 27-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
We live in a bubble of an illusion, everything in our nation is all but an illusion to keep the population happy and hopeful, we have been decieved and we have been rob everyday.

While the gas prices are on low for now and the markets look good is not for our benefit, the benefit of the regular Joe.

We will be paying for this illusion as soon the bubble pops and we all will fall on our butts.

Get ready and you better have that littler money put aside for a raining day because you are going to need it, right after Christmas.

And it will not matter who will be next because we are heading down the hill.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted by vitchilo
crap have their heads in their asses.

You're showing your style again. This is exactly what I'm talking about, if people can't act civilized in conversation................

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join