It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loretta Nall - Libertarian for Alabama governor, founder of US Marijuana Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Loretta Nall is the write-in Libertarian candidate for Governor of Alabama.

She is also the founder of the US Marijuana Party.

I don't live in Alabama and I'm not a Libertarian, but I think I'd vote for her just because of her campaign ads:

nallforgovernor.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted by jsobecky

Loretta Nall is the write-in Libertarian candidate for Governor of Alabama. She is also the founder of the US Marijuana Party. I don't live in Alabama and I'm not a Libertarian, but I think I'd vote for her just because of her campaign ads

I think Ross Perot showed, in 1992, that 3rd party candidates are both hopeless and helpless. Perot, an outspoken computer billionaire, who beat GM at their own game, spent over $15 million on his campaign. The other candidates spent the $60 or $70 million available to them from the Federal Election Commission. Clinton polled 43%, Bush41 polled 38% and Perot polled 18%. He got zero electoral votes, which shows how much that institution - Electoral College - goes to defeat democracy, and had no effect on the race as it turned out.

It is obvious that there is only one way to have a fully participatory and fully democratic electron in America, and that is via the internet. Don’t say it cannot be done, the VISA and AMEX people handle millions of bucks every day and keep the hackers out. It is lack of will that prevents it.

Ms. Nall has no better chance than the proverbial snowball. She is advocating something Alabamians will not support - easy access to dope - and she is a Libertarian which 99% of Alabamians confuse with liberals. Her third and maybe biggest handicap is she is a write in candidate and half of the Alabamians can’t do that, either.

Sorry, Ms. Nall.

[edit on 10/24/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
My post was an attempt to inject a little humor into politics, donwhite.

But I do agree with your assessment of the power of the internet - it's real influence on elections is yet to be seen.

new topics

join