It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I collapsed my left lung totally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
just got out of hospial cant sleep feel crapish.

I can't rememer the wreck I know I was knocked out cz I woke up in the ambulance andazed , they said youre going to be ok. then the took me to some ghetto ER that let me go quick said nothing wrong wiht me at all.

then the next day i woke up and had a very hard time breathing so bad i ent to a different hospital they sai my left lung had collapsed 100%

let me go after 2 days..

i feel alright
but god do i hurt.

metal steering whell > my face and chest

even hav cuts from the seat belt. . .

it was teh sux.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I've been there and done that, Lys. :shk:
Yes, it is teh sux.

In my case it was the right lung, a result of a few cracked ribs that decided to puncture it during a motorcycle accident.
While that was Many years ago, the memories are fresh in my mind upon hearing your story. Be strong man.

I'm glad to hear you're out of the hospital and truly hope you're feeling better very soon.

I guess you'll have a few "battle scars" to share along with your tale. Me, I often refer to it as my "shark bite" wound. It bears a striking resemblance ... nasty.

Keep your head up and spirits higher.
You're a veteran now.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Glad to hear you made it through everything. Take it easy, rest up and get well soon.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Oh no, what happened? Do you remember? That sounds really pretty bad, how does a lung collapse? Hope you're all good now. That is teh suxorz. Hows your car?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm happy to hear that you're okay, lyssie.

I had noticed that you had been gone for a while lately, and wondered "where's lyssie?" But I had just written it off to one of the ladies at the club being a little into bondage and tying lysergic up for a while.

Take care of yourself, and get the rest you need. Remember, they are precious guts!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

not sure how i exactl collapsed it, i dont remember much of anything i'm figuring my face and sternum slammed upon the wheel, face mightve hit my hmb

my cheek was lll swollen.

all i can remember is wakng p in an moivng ambulance.

ps: car is totaled.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ahh rough go man.

Glad to hear everything is alright though. Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

Just remember, chicks dig scars!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wow, that's horrible...Thank God nothing worse happened.

Get well soon!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wow. I hope you start feeling better man.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Take it very slow. One day and one foot at a time. Try and pay attention to what you're doing during "normal" ADL's as accidents secondary to the original event happen way too often. Were you concussed? If so, find a good neuro and some cognitive rehab people. I hope you are insured and have reasonable access to non-emergent health care. Are you ambulatory? Be careful of "the dizzies".

If they have you on meds, look 'em up online as most have side-effects that mess with body in other ways. If they have you on big-time analgesics be careful and up your fiber and fluid intake as impacted stool can be deadly even in the young and healthy.

Haven't collapsed a lung myself; poked a couple ribs thru' and had an accident with scissors and a woman once, I'm a zipper-chest member tho'. I remember not being able to inhale or exhale anything beyond shallow, without it feeling like my thorax was full of broken glass shards and raw nerve endings for what seemed like weeks... a bit like runner's lung, but far worse.

Sorry about the car. It can be replaced. You can't. It'll bug you that you can't remember what happened. Don't worry about it... happens to lots of folks. Some get "it" back... some don't and it's tempting to try and fill in the "blanks". Big waste of time... spend your energies on healing up and managing the disruption to your life. Best of luck... u2u me if I can help.

Victor K.

43'

[edit on 24-10-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Get Well Soon..............................................................

My last 50 word reply
was devoured by the server or whatever
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Cannot Find Page~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry,
I can't recall the body of the 'lost' post

& there was no way to recover it,
but i'm beginning to understand that at ATS
one needs to now go through with extreme protocols
and extreme measures to accomplish a mundane task
as easy/uncomplicated as posting in a thread

Once again, its good to hear that your still with the world of the living

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Glad your recovering Lys'.

Sounds like a nasty crash, but a car is replaceable.

Take it easy for a week or so. And i agree that being in hospital sucks. Been there, done that.

Get well soon man.

sanc'

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You'll be OK...just drink lots of water and take painkillers

Been there, dont that.....and I still don't know what happened between the collision and me 'snapping to' in the ambulance. I was awake for the most part....I just don't remember

Get well man, rest up.

Sporty

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
holy moly dude!!! glad you're okay now

take it easy and feel better soon.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
safe and well with a story to tell.

put a pic of the car up!

oh.. get well soon dude.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
thanks everyone
feels good to be able to breathe again without feeling like your going to rip apart.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

webcam doesnt do it justice its got like indentation n stuff.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Shat!

Did you fall asleep at the wheel?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
eish i can only imagin what that looks likerwith out the web cam,

Take care and get well soon !!!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That sucks Lysergic! Aren't you a student also? THis must be interfereing with your studies no?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join