It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If our solar system were an atom...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If our solar system were an atom, what would it be?

And if it is an atom, then we're living on one of the elctrons floating around the nucleus...

(boy, are we tiny or what?)

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Its not all that far fetched as it may seem though. The way I see it is there is a 50% chance that something on those lines is the case. The universe could be the limit of everything. Or it could be a small part of something. We have no idea what is outside the limits of the universe. Many ideas, but no answers. In this universe we are tiny! Imagine if the universe itself is that tiny...wow.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
there are no points but there is an interconnectedness of what you would percieve as points(singular observations by an observer)...

since thus, our solar system is an atom and an atom is our solar system...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
there are no points but there is an interconnectedness of what you would percieve as points(singular observations by an observer)...

since thus, our solar system is an atom and an atom is our solar system...

Thats in this universe's closed system, if that is even an acurate statement. You dont know whats outside of it. And besides....you knew what he was trying to say.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
what are you saying in refrence to the topic posted?

who said the universe is closed? i believe it is open...

if i believe i can concieve what is outside of it...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The universe is either closed or infintite. The human mind does not have the capability of understanding infinity. So you cant understand that. You may know what it is, but you will never fully understand it. So whats outside of space anyway. SInce you "Believe you can conceive it"?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
astronamers have figered out that or "univers" is just one out of who knows how many..

to me, it seams were are in "gods" lap

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
The universe is either closed or infintite. The human mind does not have the capability of understanding infinity. So you cant understand that. You may know what it is, but you will never fully understand it. So whats outside of space anyway. SInce you "Believe you can conceive it"?

Understanding infinity to humans is easy. Else there would be no word for infinity ever created.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
but your mind can concieve it...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Um... an atom eh? Maybe a sulpher atom? Is that what you are asking?

So far, I don't think we are an atom. Maybe we'll find out when somebody splits our solar system to create a nuclear explosion.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
astronamers have figered out that or "univers" is just one out of who knows how many..

That is based on a theory in quantom mechanics or quantom physics...(whichever it would be considered). It might go back to the "Schroedingers Cat" thought experiment. Basically saying that every possible oucome of a scenario is real. It is conceivable only because we cant disprove it. But once again.....50% chance ya know? Thats a better chance than the chances would be of me having a good day at work tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Originally posted by Seapeople

Understanding infinity to humans is easy. Else there would be no word for infinity ever created.

Humans know what infinity is. But think about it..... Think hard about it. What was here before the universe. What is outside of space. What is the last number. You can concieve the idea. But you will never fully be able to understand infinity. Our Minds cant think of the number infinity. Thats why we created the word.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
created and lived by the word...

what was before was consciousness, as well as after...

numbers are non-existant...

all is infinite...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
hmm. i read a artival, i dont recall it was 50 50 chanse

PS:sea, do u have msn messnger?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I believe our solar system is a larger equivalent to an atom. Everything in the universe operates on the same principle, in orbital similarity. Everything orbits or is orbited. It's the ultimate perpetual motion machine.
What kind of atom (if that's what you want to call it) we are, no one could possibly guess. The possibilities are infinite.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yes, it is definately possible, just on a 100,000,000x scale I suppose.

Quick Fact: If you placed an orange in the center of the earth, the electrons would be as far away as the moon. That is how big an electron is. But you have to shrink it to a atomic scale.

-wD

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
created and lived by the word...

what was before was consciousness, as well as after...

numbers are non-existant...

all is infinite...

You always respond in some sort of poem. Or hard to decifer sentences. Why do you do that? I know why, do you?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Well, unlike the planets. It's impossible to know where the electron is. It's in a cloud (orbital) around the atom. And it could be anywhere and everywhere at the same time in that orbital. It can't be measured objectively.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by elderban
If our solar system were an atom, what would it be?

And if it is an atom, then we're living on one of the elctrons floating around the nucleus...

(boy, are we tiny or what?)

~~~+++~~~

As Above so It Is Below....
similar structure...only difference is SCALE

Our Solar System = Silicon Atom

ergo->silicon is the elemental connection to human advancement, witness that transistors, crystals, microchips are advanced from silicon structures...
ie: equivelent to the 'philosophers stone' or even
the 'universal solvent' (if that makes sense to you)

google up, find that silicon is a stable form of carbon,
earth
'life' is carbon based...silicon is the next 'advancement' to the 'higher frequency vibration '(advanced by various groups & thinkers)

modified silicon will be the element by which cyborgs can become actualized...and john titor never said that?!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier

...Or perhaps more accurately, in His crotch...After all, we've been getting "screwed" ever since leaving Eden...

At any rate, this whole discussion falls into the category of the "Macro/Microcosm Theory"...If you've ever read the Marvel Comics "Micronauts", you may get an idea of what it's about. If you'd rather stay within the realm of "harder science", a better bet for finding research is Google (Using Macrocosm or Microcosm Theory as your keyphrase).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join