It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seen myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Last night I was just on the verge of falling asleep. Kind of out of it but not completely yet. Very hard to tell how along into going to sleep I was but after what happened I looked at the clock and it had only been 10mins since I laid in bed. So what happened is I saw myself walking out of my bedroom door and down the hallway. It was clear as day. I then kind of snapped out of it but not like I just woke up. Very hard to put into words. I know I was super confused and was kind of fearful. I actually got up out of bed to see if anyone was in the house. After I checked the house out I went to bed I didn't really think of it as anything. Just my mind playing tricks on me. Was not even going to post this until I told my girlfriend about it. She is freaked out now because she thinks it’s a sign of something bad going to happen to me. Trust me, I do not believe this, I am just humoring her to calm her down. Any ideas? Just a dream, mind playing trick on me. Something more? Just curious on what others think.
Thanks,
Stomp

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What you have may fall into the category of an OBE, or, out of body experience.

These aren't dangerous. You can find alot about them here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thanks! I'll do a search on them now. I would of before but really didn't know what to put in the search.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm going to say that it was either a dream or possibly you somehow saw your astral body while still remaining in your physical body. From what i hear most people usually see their physical body from their astral, but i guess it could happen the other way around.

I've had a lucid dream before (or it could've been astral travel, because as soon as i realized that i was supposed to be at my grandparent's house and not my house, i woke up), and i've also left my body before, i got pulled back in before i could open my eyes though. There are also times when i can see with my minds eye, (i.e. my physical eyes are closed and i'm looking around the room. Yes i am sure my eyes were closed, because the only reason i stopped looking around the room is because my left eye was had some kind of spasm where it was going from left to right extremely fast and i was a bit concerned that it might get damaged.)

I would say that it's nothing to worry about, i'm not saying that something might not happen to you in the future, but i will say that nothing bad will happen to you because of this.

Peace, love, and light

Pancho

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thanks Pancho. I'll have to look up astral body as I have no clue what that means. Was just a very odd experience that has never happened to me and was somewhat unnerving at first. I am not worried, its my paranoid girlfriend that is. Most likely a dream, I just always thought you had to be in REM to dream.
Thanks again,
Stomp

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What we're suggesting is that it wasn't a dream.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Any chance it was a dopplegaenger? I sure hope not.

It hopefully was an OBE or lucid dream.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Since I read it's the girlfriend who is alarmed and not you, I would calm her down by saying it was just a crazy dream and let her forget about it. Then you can research at your leisure to find out more information about lucid dreaming or OBE or whatever you want to read and learn about. If you can't prove something to yourself, you definitely aren't going to be able to prove it to someone else and they may think you just fell off your rocker. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
We'll I certainly hope it is not dopplegaenger. I just read up on that and that really can't be good. Looked into OBE and lucid dream and I really can't tell you what it was. All I know is now when I goto bed it feels like I am waiting for something to happen because of it. I'm sure it won't but it was just so vivid that it feels like its will happen again. Now that I read up on this dopplegaenger I am sure its even gonna be harder to go to sleep.
Told my girlfriend that it was just a dream and for her not to worry about it. She doesn't believe me and still has this bad feeling. She over reacts about everything. I have a problem with light bulbs blowing out all the time and she says I need to get a priest in to bless the house cause its haunted.
She'll get over it. Thanks again guys. If anything I learned something new from this little experience.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I get light bulbs blowing out all the time too. I think the light bulbs I must be buying are defective or something. I seem to replace the same light bulbs every 2 to 4 months. Meanwhile all the other light bulbs in my house have been working fine for over 7 years. Reminds me of the battery in those keyless remotes for the cars. I've never had one go out on me. I used one for about 8 or 9 years.

Best thing I bought was a solar powered calculator when I was in college I think around 1988. I'm still using it fairly routinely almost every day with no problem. Strange thing I saw the other day was someone at work had the same exact calculator with the broken off plastic case and it was the same style and brand as mine. They don't make too many things that good anymore.

Let us know if you have any more strange experiences.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJStomp
She over reacts about everything. I have a problem with light bulbs blowing out all the time and she says I need to get a priest in to bless the house cause its haunted.
She'll get over it. Thanks again guys. If anything I learned something new from this little experience.

You dont need a priest, you can do it yourself. Go to a metaphysical bookstore and get a smudge stick made of sage. Frankesence and Myrrh work well also. Then go buy some sea-salt from a local supermarket. Go home and put the salt in a container you can hold with both hands slightly wrapped around the container. Now say, I bless this salt in the name of ____ (your higher power here Jesus, buddha, Krishna, the Morrigan) stir or shake three times. Now put three pinches of this salt in some spring water.

Now light the sage and walk around the house sprinkling your blessed water and swirling your sage stick stating that all negative spirits need to pass onto the spirit world and not bother the inhabitants of your home. Use projective thoughts to clear the negative energy and imagine positive taking its place. Think about pure white light engulfing first you, then your home.

Either that or you could always move.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by NJStomp
She over reacts about everything. I have a problem with light bulbs blowing out all the time and she says I need to get a priest in to bless the house cause its haunted.

You dont need a priest, you can do it yourself. Go to a metaphysical bookstore and get a smudge stick made of sage. Frankesence and Myrrh work well also. Then go buy some sea-salt from a local supermarket. Go home and put the salt in a container you can hold with both hands slightly wrapped around the container. Now say, I bless this salt in the name of ____ (your higher power here Jesus, buddha, Krishna, the Morrigan) stir or shake three times. Now put three pinches of this salt in some spring water.

Now light the sage and walk around the house sprinkling your blessed water and swirling your sage stick stating that all negative spirits need to pass onto the spirit world and not bother the inhabitants of your home. Use projective thoughts to clear the negative energy and imagine positive taking its place. Think about pure white light engulfing first you, then your home.

Either that or you could always move.

Thanks for the info but I actually do not believe that my house is haunted. I think it is more of an electrical issue. I live in an old house and I get power surges a lot. Lights will get super bright then brown out and then back to normal. Think it is just to much for the bulbs to handle sometimes. But thanks anyways!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I remember living in an old house with electrical problems as you mentioned above. I remember seeing one light one evening that was supposed to be a touch light, keep changing intensity whenever it seemed like it wanted to.

Brown out conditions can seem eerie as well. I remember walking home from High School one afternoon and no one was home. I didn't realize incandescent bulbs could glow red either when you flipped on the switch. I turned on a few and they all glowed red. It seemed like I was in the twilight zone for a minute there and I wondered where everyone was at. I figured it out when I opened up the refrigerator and saw a glowing red light bulb inside. I heard a faint buzzing sound and realized the power was still on but at low intensity. The power never was quite right at that old house.

top topics

join