It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experiences with Ghosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hello ATS, I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster =P

I just thought I'd take the time to tell all of you about my personal experiences with ghosts, namely that of my brother Daniel. Before I was born, my mother had a miscarriage and my older brother Daniel died minutes before a successful birth. Throughout my life I've seen him and felt his presence on several occasions, as has my mother.

Firstly, my mom told me about one night how she thought she heard two children playing on the landing in the upper floor of our house, so she got out of bed to investigate, finding me (approx. 4 years old) standing outside her bedroom door bleary-eyed. She asked if I was just playing out on the landing, and I said no and that I had a "bad dream" and wanted to climb in with her. As she let me into her room, she said she saw a bright "angelic" light behind me, as well as the apparition of a little boy, approx. 5 years old with curly red hair (looking like a younger version of my dad). She believed this apparition was Daniel.

Again when I was six or so, I had felt presences in my room causing me nightmares and being unable to sleep, so I asked my parents to change rooms. We had recently rearranged all my bedroom furniture into the guest room and I was about to roll over and turn off my light one night, when a cloud of dust came off the pillow beside me and formed the image of a little boy's face, curly hair and all. My first instinct was to scream and run, but I got an overwhelmingly calm feeling, like I was supposed to stay there and fall asleep. The face smiled, and I accepted it and promptly nodded off. I remember this experience vividly, as if it has just happened yesterday.

To this day, whenever I'm lying down, whether it be on my stomach, back side, or on any surface, I always have the strong feeling of a secondary pulse being with me. If I hold my breath it becomes especially strong, as I can feel the surface inflate and deflate beneath me (like there's someone underneath me breathing) and feel a distinct pulse that differs from my own heartbeat. I think these are signs of Daniel being with me, but I could be wrong.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I know the feeling where you say that you should have been scared but feel calm. I had an experience once about 2 years ago. I woke up at 3 one morning and looked out the hall window and saw a see through object by my tree in the front lawn. I rubbed my eyes thinking that it would disappear but it was still there. I was freaked out but in a calm way like you stated. I think thought that it was your brother letting you know that he will never leave you. The breathing is almost showing you that he is still alive and will never leave....maybe one day you will be with him again.

It was a good post and very informative. I hope that you will share other experience that you have with us.

join