It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoD banns tv crews from Afgan war fronts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Kindly cease the personal remarks.
The idea is to discuss the topic and not each other.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think limiting the press is almost always a bad thing. If this network was reckless in reporting troop movement levels, patrol tactics etc; then that could help the enemy. If it was out of spite, then that is a sad day for the press.

I would like to ask the second poster in this thread, since no link was provided to the banned network story until later on, did she google the story and then post or just post and use her personal opinion without looking at the story. I feel it is important that you honestly think about that. And see if your view or perspective of non tolerance and negativity to two or three countries automatically all the time is fair.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I just watched this video and I think it sheds light onto this topic.

vid

This video, especially the second half, shows how the CIA has relations to the drug trade in Afghanistan.

I think this may be a major reason why our government may not want reporters on the front lines in Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
I just watched this video and I think it sheds light onto this topic.

vid

This video, especially the second half, shows how the CIA has relations to the drug trade in Afghanistan.

I think this may be a major reason why our government may not want reporters on the front lines in Afghanistan.

So why would this stop the BRITISH ministery of defence from having reports go alongside its troops?
CIA = american
MI6= British.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join