It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is With 2012 And The "End of the World" Theories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have been posting here for a little while, and while I am overwhelmed by the intelligence of most of the posters, I have noticed a continued trend throughout the threads. It is a connection between the year 2012 and the "end of the world."

Firstly, let me state that I am biased. I do not believe in a literal end of the world. I think 2012 will definitely bring dramatic change, but not the end of the world.

All the negative energy that mankind has accumulated by his conquering motive and corruption are bound to be released at the phase change. The recent disturbances in the earth, sun, our solar system and the galaxies are related with it.
2012 and Jesus

Now, the above quote is not something that can really be argued against. Mankind has dished out enough negative energy to last a millenia. However, destruction of the present world system, at least in my opinion, is not a bad thing at all. When one looks at the present world condition, it is easy to understand why.

The dominant west because of its economic concern seems to close its eyes to these alarming trends. What it is failing to understand is that foundation of economy is life and what is at risk is Human life.
Collapse of the wave

Again, no doubt, this will occur. However, let's put this in perspective. Is the earth not presenty over populated? How is mother earth going to continue to sustain life here,if the population continues to grow?

Here is what, at least in my opinion, is actually occuring:

As we move into the fourth dimension we are experiencing a shift in consciousness. The fourth dimension is more a state of mind than an actual place. When you are living your life with all of your chakras wide open, and all of those around you are experiencing life in the same way, it will be in the fourth dimension.

Unlimited in 2012

So, what is it that we are actually afraid of? Change. Humanity has always feared change. From the dawn of civilization, man has feared change. Now that we are approching the epic major change, people are really scared. No need to be. It is a time of hop,joy and indeed, finally, peace.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Excellent topic for discussion! There is so much in the way you've presented that it's making it difficult for me to address each note. There is fear, doom and gloom, ending of the world, shifts in realities and finally there is hope, joy and happiness that comes with understanding truth or seeing the full picture finally.

The change though that I sense is happening now(and possibly has been even for a while). Is it a preperation of something to come in 2012? I don't know. Does anyone? We all have thoughts pertaining to this, just as we all have thoughts pertaining to death.

Ultimately I believe we really don't need dates and times to tell us (man) when it's "OK" to come out of the dark or awaken to the problems of the world. There is no better time than the present for this, that leaves no room for future doom.

I have a lot more to add to this matter, but for now I'll leave it here and read what others have to say

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, as one of the sites that I quoted stated, time is actually speeding up. Now, if you look at the past twenty years, it has went by pretty fast. I was only 9 or 10 years old, twenty years ago, but it feels rather recently, really.

Now, I have said for the last five years thatit is as if we are sppeding towards a climatic point in history. It would seem to me that we are in a hurry to get somewhere. We don't get in a hurry if we are doing something or going somewhere that should be dreaded. Do we? I know I don't.

If one looks at the scenarios, there are really only two things that are likely to occur.

(1) A dimensional shift. If this occurs,then things are just going to get stranger and stranger, as if they aren't strange enough.

(2) A time shift. Now, if this occurs, there will be little to no perceptible change, at least not immediately.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, as one of the sites that I quoted stated, time is actually speeding up. Now, if you look at the past twenty years, it has went by pretty fast. I was only 9 or 10 years old, twenty years ago, but it feels rather recently, really.

Now, I have said for the last five years thatit is as if we are sppeding towards a climatic point in history. It would seem to me that we are in a hurry to get somewhere. We don't get in a hurry if we are doing something or going somewhere that should be dreaded. Do we? I know I don't.

If one looks at the scenarios, there are really only two things that are likely to occur.

(1) A dimensional shift. If this occurs,then things are just going to get stranger and stranger, as if they aren't strange enough.

(2) A time shift. Now, if this occurs, there will be little to no perceptible change, at least not immediately.

I've felt this exhilaration of time as well and I've spoken to others about this who also feel a sense of "urgency" (some have defined it as) and I don't think it is that outer things are causing this sense of time exhilaration, I think it's more inside man than what's actually going on. Does that make any sense?

Also I'd like to say that Gods people are not to be dismayed by these signs and wonders. Things ARE going to get stranger and stranger for certain, it's all prophesied and spoken of in Scripture. But I'm not sure if the 2012 theory is lining up with the Word or something placed by man or Satan to confuse or dismay or better yet keep us from the heart of the matter.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

A dimensional shift. If this occurs,then things are just going to get stranger and stranger, as if they aren't strange enough.

The Law of One or the Ra Material....Is 5 books now in pdf format....anyway it was channeled in 1980-1981 from a group enity claiming to be in the 7th density or dimension.....they claimed that the earth would indeed be moving into the fourth (they called dimesions, densities and densities are really frequencies) density in or around 2012...and those that were service to others (sto) oriented people by atleast 51% of the time would move into the 4th density with the planet also and those that are service to self(sts) people by I think at least 90% would also move into 4th density everyone else would die in the transition and would reincarnate on different 3rd density planets since earth would no longer be able to sustain 3rd density life....what I found really remarkable about this is the date of 2012 from 1980-81 because as far as I know 2012 was not widely known back then and Im not even sure if the mayan calander had even been translated then.

www.llresearch.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
There's only one pyshical evidence that something is going to happen in the year 2012 is the entry of planet earth in the photon belt.This is a scientific fact, not a theory or conspiracy.

Now you may ask what the f*** is the photon belt?

it's preety hard for me to explain but i'll offer some links for those who are intrested.

Link 1

Link 2

Strange how the end of the Mayan Calendar and Earth entry upon the Photon belt meet practicly at the same dates, 2012. But the photon belt oscilates so the date of the entry of Earth in the photon belt would vary.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well my oppinion is that 2012 is a given deadline for everyone to actually consider it to be dooms day or a world wide change for humanity. I think people want most of the 2012 theories to come TRUE, despite the horror. We want change - anything for change. A restart to the system. 2012 is something to hope for. Although, I highly doubt anything will happen by 2012 because, we cannot predict the future as far as now. Take weather for example, we only get a certain prediction within a few days, longrange forecasts are a probable chance but are unlikely to occur. Theres so much fluctuation with events that a prediction so far from now is very unprobable. On the other hand, since many have set 2012 a date for change, we of all people are possibly setting the course to it, making events happen subconciously without knowing it, that leads to the set date. I hope that makes sense =l

Edit: Added more to my oppinion x2
Edit: Grammer check

[edit on 25-10-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I've been reading this "2012 crap" (as I confidently call it) since 2004 and I still don't understand half of it.

I don't get this whole "change of consciousness" thing. I mean like in the blink of an eye 6,000,000,000+ people including infants, people sleeping, truckers on the road late at night, people sitting at their office desk, elderly Alzheimer's patients, people in comas, etc. all get this new "change of consciousness" in the snap of a finger? How is this even merely physically, mentally, spiritually, or logically possible in any way, shape, or form? I mean we're living life normally one minute and the next minute we're in this whole "age of awareness" where we're all much more aware of ourselves and stuff? Come on, get real how is this possible for 6 billion people of all ages, races, religions, etc. at one moment?
Explain that to me.

I'm also sick of all of these scientific calculations and diagrams explaining this 2012 stuff, as a normal Joe-schmo non-scientist I don't understand them any better than anyone else that isn't the person making them up saying how accurate they are. You can keep using your unpronounceable words next to your science lingo to describe what will happen in 2012 scientifically with all your magnetism junk but unless you're a rocket scientist like I am NOT, it doesn't make sense and AFAIC it's just bologna.
Keep making all of your diagrams but when 2012 comes and goes you'll realize it was time spent on nothing.

I also don't know why people jump to the whole "wars will be going on in 2012!" thing so fast. I mean seriously, we have been in war continuously throughout history. We have had famines, plagues, wars, attacks, violence, bloodshed, and all that other nasty stuff ever since the first humans. Don't tell me "in 2012 we be in a huge war" we're in 2006 and we're in a huge war. In 1990 we were in a huge war. We were in a HUGE war for almost two decades in Vietnam. We were in a huge war in 1939. We were in a huge war in 1917. We were in a huge war in 1863. We were in a huge war in 1778. Duh!!! The best question is more like, when haven't we been in a huge war?
The chance that we will be in a huge war in 2012 is high and it has nothing to with calendars, predictions, UFOs, or the monster under your bed. It has to do with human history. Duh. Seriously.

Then there's you guys that say "OMG the Mayan calendar ends in 2012 OMG!!" Uhh.. the Gregorian calendar ends on December 31 every year and it's been in use since only a few centuries after Jesus' death I believe. Now the Mayan calendar has been in use slightly (:p) longer than the Gregorian but they both end and they've both ended many times before now and we're still here. The Mayan calendar by the way doesn't infinitely end in 2012, it ends a CYCLE and begins a NEW cycle, it's not like the whole thing all together ends.

Has this generation not learned from the past?
Does anyone here remember December 31, 1998? I sure as heck do! I was scared to death that night, thinking "we're about to enter into the year of 1999.. this is the end, why do I have to die so young?" And nothing happened.
Then, December 31 (uh oh, not another cycle end (our equivilent of a Mayan calendar 'baktun') of the GREGORIAN calendar!!) of 1999 it was like "oh crap, the year 2000 is coming in and since the world didn't end last year it will for sure this time." Then nothing happened.
Then I remember in the end of 2000 everyone said the world would end on January 1, 2001 because they had mis-calculated the millennium and 2001 was really the millennium and 2000 never was. Well, that never happened either.
I can think of tens of more examples going back to the 1800's alone.

The only weird to me thing about 2012 is that it and the "Prophesy of the popes" thing run kind of close together. But I'm sure it's a mere coincidence like that whole Y2K and 2000 were.

2012: you'll be more shocked at what DOESN'T happen.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
So yeah, if it all ends Dec 22nd or 23rd on 2012
then it will ruin alot of travel plans for adults
and disappoint all the kids expecting a nice cache of presents...

But that isn't going to happen.

All that might happen is a change- a big change-
but nothing so big that we all can't spare 30 minutes before breakfast
on the 25th to open some gifts and sustain the Santa conspiracy.

I heard the Mayans mentioned... good.

What needs to be discussed here is the following:

TERENCE McKENNA

TIMEWAVE ZERO

I CHING

THE PYRAMIDS

All of these things (plus the Mayan calander as mentioned)
point to a serious bump in the night in Dec of 2012.

Google McKenna, and the other subjects aforementioned.

Thanks very much.

Proceed with you debate and discussion.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You know there have been those that have said, “the end is near” since the beginning of time. The only thing that changes is the date and the cause and now it seems that it is changing to a new age of consciousness. I usually am not interested in this topic because I know better. I know that no one can possibly know what the future holds and what will happen. What I am curious about is why some people talk about this and claim to know what will happen. I think this belief that the world is about to experience a major change is an underlying wish that we have that the world was better than it is. Even I will admit to the occasional fantasy about what the world would be like without civilization and government control. I would refer to it as the Mad Max syndrome.

I know that the world does seem more chaotic now than before, but I think it is probably due to other factors than “the end is near”. I think we hear about more problems because of the news media and the Internet. We are more aware of what is going on now more than in any time in history. The problem is, we don’t like what we see.

I think another factor is that some of us feel powerless and alienated. Even though there are more people on the planet than ever before, we still feel disconnected. Again I blame the media, but not the news this time. We watch movies and TV shows that show how everyone should have friends and are accepted, and we should always have somewhere to go and people to see. We are taught that we must have cell phones to keep in contact with one another. If you don’t quite live up to this high standard, then you don’t belong and it gives a feeling of alienation though you may not know it consciously.

I think this feeling of alienation is being converted into a subconscious wish that there weren’t so many people on this planet, and that without civilization and classes that everyone would be on the same level. This brings about the idea that something is about to happen, because underneath we want it to happen. If everyone is on the same level then we are just as important as everyone else. With fewer people on the planet that would make our lives that much more important.

I think there are other factors involving overpopulation and how a species reacts to that, but I really don’t know much about that. There are obvious concerns about overpopulation, but that needs to be dealt with in an intelligent way and not by expecting some disaster to occur.

Once you realize the cause of this line of thinking, I think it is easy to come back to your senses. We really don’t know that anything is about to happen and we don’t want to see a major portion of the population wiped out. So maybe it really is about becoming more conscious about why we think the way we do. Just not the way you might think.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I do agree a bit with the "We Want it to happen".
We all want something Dramatic in our lives, and maybe that's the prime driver for this idea. Just hoping for something Cool to happen.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I have been posting here for a little while, and while I am overwhelmed by the intelligence of most of the posters, I have noticed a continued trend throughout the threads. It is a connection between the year 2012 and the "end of the world."

Yep, the topic tends to pop up more than insurgents in a Bagdad police station. Did you see this thread? Lots and lots of topics covered here, and that's probably not all.

2012 Thread Index-- Read All About the End of the World

top topics

join