It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 Reasons Why We Should Vote November 7! - in Social Issues - Patriotism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Timothy Roemer, a former Nine Eleven Commissioner, spoke at Catholic University on Monday, October 23, 2006. His message was carried on CSpan2. He recited how the black boxes revealed the last moments of life on UA Flight 93. A Boeing 757-222. The plane originated at Newark and was non-stop to San Francisco and then to continue on to Tokyo. There were 44 people onboard, including 7 aircrew and 33 passengers. Plus four hijackers. There is a discrepancy about the number of passengers. This may be due to one passenger who booked two seats.

Two of the hijackers claimed to have bombs in order to subdue the crew and to take over the plane. At first, the passengers felt no immediate concern about their own safety. However, in just a few minutes, 2 passengers received cell phone calls from relatives who reported the hijacking of 3 other planes and that they had been crashed into buildings killing all onboard. The realization suddenly stuck the passengers and crew that they were doomed. They had but a few minutes to live.

They held a brief discussion of what options they had. It was agreed to TAKE A VOTE on what to do. Unanimously, the passengers and crew voted to attempt to re-take the plane. Then ensued the struggle to get back into the cockpit and to defeat the terrorist’s plans. It is uncertain but it seems likely one of the terrorists who was at the controls, purposely flew the plane into the ground near Shanksville, PA, about 160 miles west of Washington, DC. Less than 20 minutes flying time. 80 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. We don’t know but we think the intended target was most likely the nation’s Capitol but it could have been the White House.

So, remember on this November 7, those American heroes on UA 93 voted on what to do. Can we do less?

See en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 10/24/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Reason #41. Keep the pressure on those responsible for 9-11. Those Radical Muslims wanted our attention that day......they should get it every day from then on until every one of them is reduced to nothing but a smoking headrag. The way to do that is NOT put more Democrats in office, who have already sworn to bring the troops home at all costs, even if it includes waving a white flag (which I'm sure they'd prefer to the American Stars and Stripes any day anyway!).

I anxiously await the replies of those who will blame Bush (any more its like the light at the end of the tunnel--which of course is a high speed train with cars loaded down with steer manure).

Don is sending the right message though. Get out there and vote! Remember Democrats, November 8th is the day to make your voice heard!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted by CreeWolf

Reason #41. Keep the pressure on those responsible for 9-11. Those Radical Muslims wanted our attention that day . . they should get it every day from then on until every one of them is reduced to nothing but a smoking headrag. [Edited by Don W]

Stereotyping aside, the US has been trying in a discombobulated (and sad) way to do that since the Nine Eleven Event. And not with much success I might add. Not to mention the 3,000 dead GIs. AFTER Mission Accomplshed Day.

I anxiously await the replies of those who will blame Bush . . Don is sending the right message though. Get out there and vote! Remember Democrats, November 8th is the day to make your voice heard!

Thanks for acknowledging the obvious C/W, and for the back-handed compliment.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yes I agree we should all get out and vote.

Vote the same as the victims of flight 93 did to overtake the hijackers of our country.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted by Hal9000

Yes I agree we should all get out and vote. Vote the same as the victims of flight 93 did to overtake the hijackers of our country.

Well and Timely Said, Hal9000. I can see you are keeping up with current events even if some of our more human posters are not. Congrats!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Regardless of our political belief systems, we all need to get out the vote. Vote yourself, take the neighbors with you, if they need a lift. Take that little old lady down the street. The little old man across the street.

This election cycle may be the most important in our countries history, along with the upcoming Presidential race. Whether you are Republican, Democrat, Workers World Party, Green, or Libertarian, or a combination of all of them, or something else entirely, it doesn't matter. Vote. We can't change anything, if we don't vote.

Be informed. Get online and inform yourself as to the issues and the candidates running for offices. Trot down to City Hall and get a voters pamphlet, the nice people will be more than happy to help you.

What are you waiting for? Go!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Stereotyping aside, the US has been trying in a discombobulated (and sad) way to do that since the Nine Eleven Event. And not with much success I might add. Not to mention the 3,000 dead GIs. AFTER Mission Accomplshed Day.

Discombobulated? Sad? You can't read past the nose on your face if you can't see the big picture. Iran is a huge problem and now we are on two borders with them ON PURPOSE. Saddam is gone! For the purose of preventing WMD's? Not only was that not the only reason- now it won't happen! Success!

Mad Madeline Albright has left us a fine mess with Kim Jong Ill. The leaders of the Democratic party have been working actively against the interests of this Nation for far too long with none of the consequences they deserve! Communist China was Clintons biggest campaign contributor. Not long after the election China was able to keep Satelites in orbit. Coincidence? Ha! They have since been able to upgrade their nuclear capability to ICBM- previously unable to maintain orbit- thanks Loral. He's lucky it was impeachment for lying under oath. I'd have his treasonous caboose in jail waiting for the firing squad.

With everything coming to head seemingly at once It's is imperative to keep the Liberals out of power. Pelosi the third in line to the presidency? If that happens: Conyers impeaches Bush- Conyers impeaches Cheney- the worst kind of San Fran Lib in the Oval Office.

If that doesn't motivate you to vote you deserve what you get.

PS the mission accomplished sign was for the carrier crews return from theatre. Try to figure out more then one thing at a time.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted by seagull

Regardless of our political belief systems, we all need to get out the vote. Vote yourself, take the neighbors with you, if they need a lift. Take that little old lady down the street. The little old man across the street.
This election cycle may be the most important in our countries history, along with the upcoming Presidential race. Whether you are Republican, Democrat, Workers World Party, Green, or Libertarian, or a combination of all of them, or something else entirely, it doesn't matter. Vote. We can't change anything, if we don't vote.
Be informed. Get online and inform yourself as to the issues and the candidates running for offices. Trot down to City Hall and get a voters pamphlet, the nice people will be more than happy to help you.
What are you waiting for? Go!!!

Agreed!

I remarked somewhere on ATS that fewer than 50% of those who are eligible - over 18 - and legal - are eligible to vote somewhere. The oft offered explanation is those people don’t see any difference in the two major parties and third parties really have no change to win an election.

Political parties were not part of the Founding Fathers agenda. They could have been because the English Parliament had parties “since the memory or man runneth not to the contrary.” They certainly knew there were vastly differing views on many important topics. Some were not susceptible to compromise. Slavery. A national bank.

Based on what I have heard about the subject, it may have been true in the first election, 1789*, that they quietly entertained a hope there would be a cohesiveness or unity of purpose or will, that would let America avoid the necessity of organizing into power blocs. By the second election 1782 - there was at least the Federalist Party of Adams (and Washington). And a nascent Jeffersonian party by him and Madison, among others, who were in direct opposition to several issues the New Englanders seemed so enamored with. .

*Trivia. The first election was late. It was held only in 10 states. NY, NC and RI, in that order, ratified the Constitution after the fact. The first term was about 3 months short of 4 years. The electoral law had been enacted by the Continental Congress under the Articles of Confederation. Although a half dozen men stood for the presidency, George Washington carried all 10 states, hence the expression, that he was elected “unanimously.”

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I will vote as I always have. But I don't think it really makes any difference, ala the electoral college and the recent advent of electronic voting such as the Diebold machines that can be hacked by even by college kids.

I really don't have much faith in the results of local elections either. The corruption is so rampant and powerful and the money so available to those that would compromise even the votes for village offices.

This is the result of the change from a Democratic/Republic to a Corporate Oligarchy.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted by Gatordone

Discombobulated? Sad? You can't read past the nose on your face if you can't see the big picture. Iran is a huge problem and now we are on two borders with them ON PURPOSE. Saddam is gone! For the purpose of preventing WMD's? Not only was that not the only reason - now it won't happen! Success!

Iraq was the counter-veiling force to Iran. Bush43 eliminated Iraq. That leaves Iran the “last man standing” in the Middle East. After we leave. We sent the IDF- our lackeys - after Hezbollah. After a month long rampage second only to Genghis Khan’s trips across the Steppes, Hezbollah is stronger in Lebanon. Hamas will ultimately win out in the Occupied Territories because right is on their side. Palestinians want them. The IDF routinely kills a half dozen or so Palestinians each week, which assures the survival of Hamas. The Gang of Four - Bush43, VP Cheney, Oberfuhrer Rumsfeld and Condo Rice - have mucked up the Middle East as even OBL never dreamed.

Mad Madeline Albright has left us a fine mess with Kim Jong Ill. The leaders of the Democratic party have been working actively against the interests of this Nation for far too long with none of the consequences they deserve! Communist China was Chiton’s biggest campaign contributor.

The Federal Election Commission has the facts on campaign financing. FYI, Neil Bush was employed by China’s PLA as a consultant at $400,000 a year as late as 2002, as revealed in his divorce. In 1994, a settlement with North Korea was reached and it held until 2002 when Bush43 in another of his strokes of genius, abandoned it. Unilaterally. His style. You remind me most of Oidipous who blinded himself in a Greek tragedy.

PS the mission accomplished sign was for the carrier crews return from theater. Try to figure out more then one thing at a time.

Who do you think tailored Bush43's jump suit? He certianly could not wear his old Alabama Air Guard suit. Too many years, too much booze. Too much white powder. And etc.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I was born in Ky and lived there until ‘03 when I moved to Florida. Elections have always been somewhat corrupt in most of the American states. I’d guess the most honest states to be Minnesota, and the Dakotas. Scandianian influence. I am unfamiliar with Hawaii and upper New England - VT, NH and ME - so I can offer no opinion on those. I have always referred to NJ as the Mafia state. Dupont owned Delaware. NY does a lot of things well but the stench of Tammany Hall lingers. RI posters are always comparing and maybe CT, too. MA knows how to be honest. The most corrupt would be the (11) Old Confederacy states. My own state of Ky was pretty bad. The L&N Railroad - now CSX - “owned” the state from the 1860s to the 1930s. All decisions of consequence were made at 9th and Broadway, in Louisville, the HQ of the L&N, and not in Frankfort, the capital. It took The Great Depression to change that. Even so, in my youth, it was passively accepted that in any state-wide election where the margin was less than 5,000 votes, you could not be sure who really had won. This sad state of affairs may go more to prove the complaint of the non-voting majority that it makes no difference who wins. Others behind the scene actually run the various governments. Maybe the largest and longest lasting scam in the history of the world?

top topics

join