It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ken Lay alive?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I just found this interesting little story - i dont know anything about the source or author, so take this with a grain of salt.

/yc8fxs

Kenneth Lay alive? Maybe

...I advance the following theory: Kenneth Lay -- the disgraced CEO of Enron who was convicted of 10 counts of fraud, conspiracy and lying to banks in two separate cases related to the collapse of the Houston-based company he founded, who died of heart disease July 5 while vacationing in Aspen, Colo. -- isn't really dead, either.

How do I know? Why else would a federal judge decide last week to vacate Lay's conviction on fraud and conspiracy charges connected to the downfall of the once mighty energy trading company? Why would a judge make it more difficult for the government to seize $43.5 million from Lay's estate, money he stole from his company, and ensure the ill-gotten goods stay put. The answer is easy. So somebody, probably Lay, can use the money at a later date. The ruling was based on case law established in 2004 that allows convictions to be revoked if defendants die without an opportunity to appeal. The convenience makes it impossible for me to think otherwise.

...snip...

But Lay had socked away millions of dollars in protected investments. In early 2000, according to published reports, he and his wife bought about $4 million worth of variable annuities that guaranteed an annual income of about $900,000, starting next year. In Texas, the proceeds from annuity contracts are untouchable by creditors' and bankruptcy demands unless fraudulent intent can be proved. Lay's conviction did just that, but the judge's decision made it all go away and locked the money up even tighter.

I must admit - i did find the news of Lay's sudden death surprising and a bit too convenient... and my first reaction was "Oh he's got enough socked away and enough insider connections to fake his own death". However, such a high profile person could have difficulty going un-noticed for long.

Whats your take on this ATS?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I personally think that Ken Lay committed suicide. I think that he took something to induce his heart attack. What leads me to believe that?
Well, for one, the man had absolutely no history of heart problems. Secondly, I think his death just before his sentencing was a bit too convenient.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
No way, This guy is sittin in Spain or Australia or somewher laughing untill his butt falls off. I bet he has internet access and is on the net posting stuff like......

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I personally think that Ken Lay committed suicide. I think that he took something to induce his heart attack. What leads me to believe that?
Well, for one, the man had absolutely no history of heart problems. Secondly, I think his death just before his sentencing was a bit too convenient.

HEHEHE

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
No way, This guy is sittin in Spain or Australia or somewher laughing untill his butt falls off. I bet he has internet access and is on the net posting stuff like......

HEHEHE

I was thinking the same thing....

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If I had the money that Ken Lay had, I would probably own the internet.
No, really, I think the guy is dead. However, he didn't die of "natural" causes; I am almost certain of that.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

If I had the money that Ken Lay had, I would probably own the internet.
No, really, I think the guy is dead. However, he didn't die of "natural" causes; I am almost certain of that.

Can you elaborate a bit more? What makes you so certain?

I am very interested to hear your theory!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Was there an autopsy? If so, will the stills ever be released to the public? If not, what a shame! It seems to me that his family would be suspicious about his "heart attack" and, more importantly, the timing of the tragedy.

Any help will be much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
He went to Paraguay to be the keeper of the land purchased by our president.

He's building a home on the property and overseeing all construction for when the Bush's have to run from the law.

they'll be safe there.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I agree with Speaker of Truth... Ken Lay did not die of natural causes. Either suicide or a hit in order to prevent him from exposing a bigger scandal. Either way, I think he is long gone and his heirs and partners in crime will benefit from this recent ruling.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
First ,all you would have to do is drill a hole down about 7 feet get a DNA sample off the drill bit and test it. I think he may be in Guyana. How is it that a man can take everything from so many people and his family can still walk with millions. Everything they have should be sold and given to the people they riped off and then his family should be on the street.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My sentiments exactly Fact Finder. Give the money to those he ripped off! Let his family go out and get real jobs!!!!!!!!!

top topics

join