It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test the new ATS Podcast Player

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
We have a new Java applet designed to be a WinAmp clone, wrapped in a PHP script that should make playing ATS podcasts a little easier for members that don't have podcasting clients.

You can test it out on the most recent ATS Review:

atsspod_1950.mp3

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Very nice work!

Have you looked into NSV streaming for the future?

Seems like everyone is doing podcasting these days, might be cool to get ahead of the game and do video podcasting?

Edit to add: forgot to mention im on OSX and its working if thats any use.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by ewan]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That's awesome.
Easy to use, as well. Just click on a topic you want, and it starts playing. Great for us lazy folk. I'm sure I miss out on so many good podcasts because I can't be bothered finding my way round. It's good to see that our money is going somewhere.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's not working well for me at all. Very, very laggy, multiple instances of the track i'm trying to play. I figured I'd play something i know, so I tested it with this. I'm running XP pro SP2, IE6, Sun Java 2, My soundcard is an E-MU 0404, My connection speed is 2.2Mbps.

[edit on 24/10/06 by Implosion]

What I took to be lag, was actually multiple instances running, for reasons unknown. This is now not the case, however, the applet is very slow to respond. I managed to play a podcast maybe half the way through, then decided to change podcast, and after five minutes, the applet is still trying to load:

[edit on 24/10/06 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Very nice!!!

What we need is a podcast-ready function, one which you dont need Lame or anything else.
That's a nightmare.

I want to push a button, take my microphone and record.

Is there any such thing???

Lots of people would be podcasting if it were that simple. Any hopes for anything like this in the future?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I find when I change sites or refresh a page the audio stops for less than a second, but it does look nice

[edit on 24/10/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
LOVE IT!!!!

This is a great addition. Maybe it will inspire more podcasters...

Semper

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just thought I would give this thread a bump,
Is the new player working smoothly yet for others.

top topics

join