It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An independent film about Scientology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This film has been removed from Youtube and Google video several times in the past because scientologist have fought to get it removed.

huderon.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Scientology is really not something I agree with and though I all for freedom of religion I would really - reeaaaally - be lying if I stood here and told you I even consider it a religion.

However... is it just me or is there way too much re-enactement in that video? Half-way through it I honestly got the feeling that this film had as much fiction in it as scientology itself.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I don't consider it a religion either. I can't believe the US Government let itself be bullied into allowing it full religious status--wait a minute, maybe I can!

L. Ron Hubbard, when he was "just" a science fiction writer, was once asked if writing was making him rich. He laughed at that idea and said, "No--if you want to become really rich, invent your own religion!"

And that's just what he did.

What I can't believe is how many people have bought into his BS. The whole thing is nuts.

If you don't believe it--take a look at Tom Cruise.

My fervent hope is that they'll go so far they'll eventually self-destruct. (I don't mean literally, like those poor deluded Heaven's Gate cult--but I hope the whole thing just goes away. Scientology is just depressing to think about--what people will believe is frankly unbelievable!!! I mean, millions-year-old aliens are the cause of all our problems??!!? And we think the ancients were credulous??)

I also strongly dislike their opposition to medical treatment of mental illness. God knows Tom Cruise needs some psychiatric help!

And InTrueFiction--your English is excellent!
English is my mother tongue, and I make way more mistakes than you do!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
L. Ron Hubbard performed an 'E-reading' on a TOMATO for
God sakes!

What the hell was he looking for in a tomato?

He was sooooooo paronoid about what/who would attack him/philosophies, that he told his cronies to attack everything that moved.

Just like a pitbull.

The guy was doing major drugs, then ripped out a book when he came down off his high.

Now alot of people praise this arrogant S.O.B. for 'helping sort out their lives"?

This smacks of another CULT that will go belly up very soon.

There are so many people laying a lawsuit on 'Scientology' that the courtroom will be busy for a loooooooong time.

I don't appologize for laying into this man(philosophies), I only appologize for the ineptness of humanity to not see through this deception.

For people to praise the supposed positve 'affects' that have come about from this 'religion' is comparible to putting a band-aid on a rusty car.

Scientologists will soak up your monies like no tomorrow; whilst putting the jargon of : 'you are 1/2 way healed/cleared' - 'keep going(in other words -keep bleeding your financial veins until you realize that YOU are wrong and WE are right.

This institution has been around since late 50's early 60's, and they've had plenty of time to roll around in the legal flour kitchen. They know how to make their 'case' rise to the occasion and will roller pin others underfoot with any jurisdicting means.

top topics

join