It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's plan of attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
As the US and its Allies gear up for war with Iran, Iran is preparing its own war plans, and such a scenario could be the following;

1) Coalition forces launch air strikes against Iranian targets.

2) At the commencment of Hostilities the Iranians initiate attacks on all coalition forces in Iraq.

3) Hezbollah Launches strikes into Israel.

4) Suicide bombers hit Israel en masse, hitting high value targets.

5) Suicide bombers, terrorist activities break out all over the US and the UK.

6) Coalition naval forces in the gulf are hit by a massive bombardment air and ground launched missiles that inflict large numbers of casulties and ships are sunk.

7) Ground to air missles shoot down, coalition fighters and bombers.

8) Ground forces moving into Iran are hit with chemical weapons resulting in tens of thousands dead.

9) Mass protests break ot in the US/UK calling for the removal and arrest of Bush and Blair. Violent demonstrations against the Goverments in all major cities.

10) The price of oil goes through the roof, petrol shortages cause further civil unrest.

11) The Muslim populations of the US/UK break out into riots, internment of Muslims starts.

12) Over the period of 3-6 months coalitions forces can no longer sustain the massive drain on its forces, the cost of war is bankrupting the US.

13) Global economy start to slide, whole wordls starts to go into reccession.

14) Military activities in the ME come to a halt. All coalition forces leave the ME region.

15) Iran emerges as a new Islamic state controlling all of the ME.

16) Bush, Blair, Cheney, Rumsfeld etc. are tried for war crimes.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   

2) All major military installations are destroyed within a few hours.

3) Iran surrenders.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

2) All major military installations are destroyed within a few hours.

3) Iran surrenders.

yeah right...Iraq was supposed to be like that

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The US, even with another coalition of the bribed and pointless could not put enough boots on the ground to invade Iran.
Sustained attacks from the air and by sub/surface vessels firing cruise missiles will take out a lot of targets, well those that remain stationary long enough anyway. I'm sure the Iranians have already dispersed forces and equipment in case of any attack.

One thing that is very clear is that you cannot win a war from the air. sure, you can bomb the crap outta people and targets but you still need the ground troops to win any sort of victory. At this point all the talk of attacking Iran is coming from one source, Israel. Israel simply wants to be the dominant force in the ME which is why we are sending our troops over there to die for Israeli agendas. Sure, our own politicians and corporations get a cut of the spoils too but Israel would be the biggest beneficiary of any attacks against not only Iran, but Syria, Egypt and anyone else who they deem to be hostile to their plans.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Yes Britguy, Iran is nor Iraq, and the Iranians have been preparing for the last 10 years. Who can blame them when your next on the list, the Iranain leaders know there next so they are putting countermeasures in place, they would have to be fools not to.

Mythat, yes that was the plan for Iraq, they would just roll over and let us walk all over them. Well its simple, if a poor country with no effective Military can still be fighting us 3 years later what do you think a country can do thats been preparing for the last ten years and is supplied with weaponry from Russia/China. Iran is a much bigger country and is full of fanatics, just look at what a few of them are doing in Iraq. But if you dont believe me just sit back and watch what happens.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
LMAO! magicmushroom

You should have put 'could' in bold.

A more likley scenario is:

1) US begins bombing campaign on Iran

2) Israel begins bombing campaign on Iran

3) Hezbolla attacks Israel

4) Suicide bombings in Israel and the US

5) Iran loses nuclear capability

6) Iran's president is killed by US/Israeli airstrikes

7) Iran collapses on itself

8) US forces withdrawn from Iraq

All your wishful thinking about thousands killed by chemical weapons and Bush/Blair being arrested is just crap and quite frankly would never happen.

Not to mention Iran shooting down several US fighters/bombers and sinking US ships is WAY beyond their capability.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
In certain types of war there are only a limited amount of possibilities. With Iran it is obvious to what they are going to do.

Here is exactly what is most likly to happen.

1. America and Israel with possible covert arab and European(minus France) launch air raids on Iranian facilities both nuclear and miltary. With long range cruise missile attacks on other targets.

2. America, Israel and other send in ground forces to locate mobile ballistic missile launchers which in my opinion will be close to impossible especially considering Irans size and if they decide to launch from the mountain regions dense with woodland and mountains it will be impossible to find them. More cruise missile strikes on SAM sites, Missile launchers, military bases, command centres, ports, fuel depo's, logistic centres.

So far America would have tried to hit :

- Nuclear facilities.
- Ballistic Missile launchers
- military bases,
- command centres
- Naval ports,
- fuel depo's,
- logistic centres.
- Air fields,
- Aircraft hangers,
- Ships
- Suspected weapons sites.

3. So far everything seems great. America is doing well and hope is high. This is where things start to go bad and i mean real bad. See Iran's strength has never been in it's tanks, ships etc... there real strong point is in the way they project guerilla forces around the middle east with advanced weapons and equipment and also there mobile weapons systems such as there SAM's, Land launched anti-ship cruise missiles, anti-tank missiles, ballistic missiles etc...

Iran is going to send ten's of thousands of heavily armed and well trainned guerilla's in Iraq and Afghanistan armed with powerfull wire guided anti tank missiles, mortars, nigh vision, bullet proof vests, sniper rifles, .50bmg anti-material rifles, shoulder launched SA-16 Igla missiles, Misagh1 and 2 SAM's, Very advanced Anti-armor land mines etc... America would also have failed to destory most of Irans ballistic missiles and Iran would be launching them freely towards American targets considering they have thousands of them in many different forms including both solid fuel and liquid fuel versions with ranges from 90km to 2500km.

Also they will hit all American bases, command centers, fuel supplies, strategic control zones, logistic support bases in the middle east with ballistic missiles and cruise missiles which Iran has although they are not as advanced as the tomahwak cruise missiles they do go about 280km and have a decent enough CEP to hit a base sized target with relative ease.

America at this stage loses 25% to 100% all :

- Afghanistan
- Iraq
- Command centres,
- Supply depo's
- Strategic area's
- Bases
- Fuel depo's
- American/allied Airfields
- Naval ports

Also Iran will dump chinese rocket sea mines in key oil zones putting pressure on the world to stop the war becuase of long term oil price increases threats which effect growing economies who don't really care about a war with Iran becuase it offers them no benafit to fight Iran in turn putting pressure on America to stop or pull out.

Also they will launch guerilla cruise missile strikes against America ships with C-802 cruise missiles.

4. America will achieve damaging Iran's nuclear program but it will be unconfirmed how badly they are set back becuase no ground troops where sent in to see what stage they are and in fact this could actually help Iran manufacture the bomb becuase at this stage nobody knows where Iran is and Iran could just say 100% of there program was destoryed when in fact on 5% to 10% was destroyed allowing them under cover nuclear bomb manufacturing.

5. America, Israel and Allies end up back to where they began with possiblility of more world instability while achieving nothing in return and just adding more fuel to the fire by attacking another muslim country in a long list of attacks already carried out against muslims in the middle east by America, Israel and western allies strengthning more muslim millitants and possibly creating hundreds of more independant Shia terrorist orginisations in Iran just like what happened in Iraq but on a much bigger level. And let's not forget the hatred of Shia in Iraq towards America even though Shia currently have been friendly towards America they will turn causing more problems.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Yes Britguy, Iran is nor Iraq, and the Iranians have been preparing for the last 10 years. Who can blame them when your next on the list, the Iranain leaders know there next so they are putting countermeasures in place, they would have to be fools not to.

So Iran has been preparing for this since 1996. Iran wasn't singled out as part of the "axis of evil" till 2002. That means for six years they were preparing for some threat that didn't exist to them. Methinks that maybe just maybe Iran is not the innocent, peace loving, no nuclear weapon ambitions bystander than some here seem to portray them as.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Iran was becoming more moderate year by year and was really making an effort to open trade with the west. Then, along came Bunnypants with his inflammatory "Axis of Evil" BS speech and knocked back any progress more than a decade.

Now one has to wonder why, when things are going well diplomatically, would he deliberately antagonise Iran, knowing the likely effect of such a move?
Another 10 years of continued diplomacy and better relations and who knows where it might have led. There's just no money to be made from peace though is there

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
^ seeing as a large part of the united states econemy is made out of development and sales of adavanced weapons systems to other countries one does get the picture the united states cant survive without war

also on this topic simple

US/Israel or bothe attack Iran

Iran launches missiles at Israel causing wide spread damag to israeli infrontstructure, and Anti Ship missiles into the gulf sinking %$%$% of US war ships to sink killing hundreds of US personale

the united states attacks again and takes out almost all of Irans weapons

Iran strikes back at ground forces that have launched ground offences

Irans main armed forces are scatterd and gurlia war fare starts

US forces are attacked with even more force then that of Iraq

also high chance Syria will join in the fight deffence pact with Iran

[edit on 24-10-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What "allied preparation for war"?

There's no-one else interested in another disastrous war except a small minority in the US and Israel.

Is this to be another Iraq?
Half-truth and distortion to 'encourage' the others.......and after what Iraq did to the British Gov last time you really are dreaming if you imagine British support in attacking Iran on an evidence-free US say-so.

......and Hezbollah to attack Israel?
Maybe you missed they just had a major war in Lebanon and no WMDs were used against Israel (despite the behaviour of the Israeli forces)?
I wonder what happened to all those ex-Iraqi WMDs Syria was supposed to have (and to have passed on to people like Hezbollah and Hamas)?

Maybe someone mislaid the script?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
How about this scenario..?

1) The United States nukes Iran

The End

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush

2) The whole world turns on the United States

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
First of all with the elections coming up in a year and half Iran is safe from any U.S. triggered strikes. As much as some with defence investments would love to see another war the political landscape is not in favor of such an event. Iran is going to be just a pain in the U.S. political a$$ thats it! No war, no strike, no covert operations. So you guys can save your plots for at lest another 3 years and Iran can counter plot for another 10 cause this is just not going to go down. The U.S. doesn't "pick fights" with nuclear powers be it a rookie in the league or old pro the political fall out over a pre-empt strike that resulted in any nuclear "Accident" even the smallest would spin America into relm of middle east hornets nest that we could never imagine.
We are smart enough to know that they have plans that would include nuclear implosions on their own country that would look like the U.S. had caused. There is NO WAY anyone in the middle east beside the few administration backers that would support the U.S. after a WMD accident as much as they hate us now if we tried any funny business we would touch off a fire storm.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

Originally posted by DickBinBush

2) The whole world turns on the United States

3) China and Russia represent the "whole world" and the "whole world" is destroyed in that un-avoidable war

Now..

The End

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
As the US and its Allies gear up for war with Iran, Iran is preparing its own war plans, and such a scenario could be the following;

2) At the commencment of Hostilities the Iranians initiate attacks on all coalition forces in Iraq.

3) Hezbollah Launches strikes into Israel.

4) Suicide bombers hit Israel en masse, hitting high value targets.

5) Suicide bombers, terrorist activities break out all over the US and the UK.

6) Coalition naval forces in the gulf are hit by a massive bombardment air and ground launched missiles that inflict large numbers of casulties and ships are sunk.

7) Ground to air missles shoot down, coalition fighters and bombers.

8) Ground forces moving into Iran are hit with chemical weapons resulting in tens of thousands dead.

9) Mass protests break ot in the US/UK calling for the removal and arrest of Bush and Blair. Violent demonstrations against the Goverments in all major cities.

10) The price of oil goes through the roof, petrol shortages cause further civil unrest.

11) The Muslim populations of the US/UK break out into riots, internment of Muslims starts.

12) Over the period of 3-6 months coalitions forces can no longer sustain the massive drain on its forces, the cost of war is bankrupting the US.

13) Global economy start to slide, whole wordls starts to go into reccession.

14) Military activities in the ME come to a halt. All coalition forces leave the ME region.

15) Iran emerges as a new Islamic state controlling all of the ME.

16) Bush, Blair, Cheney, Rumsfeld etc. are tried for war crimes.

this is what you want to happen....no?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
No Peyres, I wish there would be no war and we could all live in peace but i'm sick to death of all the gung ho bull# all the time. America rules and nobody else counts, and if you dont do what we say we will come and nuke you. The all invincible US cannot bring peace to Iraq and is now paying the price for its ambitions. Now were all suposed to sit back and let Bush and Co tell more lies as an excuse to attack Iran with the prospect of intiating a nuke conflict and were all just supposed to sit back and take it are we. Well many do not agree with America's actions and does the wholesale slaughter of civilians makes you proud to be American does it. There are 6 billion people on this planet and they all have a right to life, a concept you obviously have no understanding of.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I'm lost for words, I intepret a list of wishful thinking including the Death of US troops (your own countrymen?) in a chemical weapons attack, and then suddenly I don't understand the concept of the right to life of the worlds population?

You want the West to loose, alot of people do, fair enough, you also want Bush and Blair to get their comupence. That is why I see that list as How you want things to pan out, if or when they actually do.

Believe me, Iran controlling the ME is just as scary a prospect as the US doing so. Iran is said to be run be religious fanatics, supposedly the US is too. The leaders of both nations claim to have a personal and unique link to God. One has called for the destruction of Israel, sanctions, funds and supports barbaric terrorists operation whilst hiding behind diplomacy, and has also warned a whole continent that it faces reprecussions from supposedly supporting Israel.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
You want the West to loose, alot of people do

- Some people do but I suspect not very many here.

That's the problem with this debate, so often it gets polarised down into 1 absurd option verses the 2nd ludicrous option.

For things to be different does not necessarily mean anybody has to 'lose'.

Believe me, Iran controlling the ME is just as scary a prospect as the US doing so.

- Again I find this 'either or' proposition a totally false choice.

Iran is not going to control the ME.
Whether the UK & US are in Iraq or not.

That's as ridiculous as saying Saudi Arabia will control the ME, they won't.

The major powers in the world will continue to rub along via the markets as far as oil is concerned but it is in no-one's interests for this to go completely insane.

I can't help thinking that these 'tensions' that are apparantly there have been very handy for certain parties there and in the US.
Europe certainly - including the UK- is in no mood for another disastrous and totally unnecessary ME war.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
mythatsabigprobe: Sorry, but no plan survives the enemy. NO PLAN.

I hope that people in the US and UK will riot if they attack Iran... and trial Bush Co and Blair Co for war crimes... they all deserve at least that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join