It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'24:' Season Six Discussion...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here in the states the first two nights are two hours each and then, the following week it goes into one hour mode here in the states.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Can anyone confirm the following UK airing dates for the new season?

that looks correct (i could link to a message board if you wish)...

here is the main cast for season six:

- the man on the far left works in ctu...
- the woman next to him works in ctu and knows arabic...
- the man next to her works in ctu and he is chloe's boyfriend...
- the man next to him works in ctu and is married to the woman next to jack...
- the woman next to him is chloe...
- then jack...
- the woman next to jack works with the president...
- the man next to her works with the president...
- haven't seen that lady yet so i don't know who she is (maybe the wife / sister of the president???)...
- the man on the right is the new president...

and here is a link about the recent leak:

"24 Season 6 Leaked on BitTorrent"...

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
here is a blog post i have made with my rant about the first episode of season six (don't worry, there are very little spoilers in there):

'24' leaked onto the internet!!!...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
now that '24' has finally aired, i can ask:

what did you think???

i must admit, the writing it good (well the underlying plot is, not just the "jack / ctu vs. the bad guys" plot)...

and, i must say, it gets even better tomorrow...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
EDIT:

double post...

actually, i guess, i will take the time to ask:

who is your favorite character so far???

[edit on 14-1-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I was surprised that Kal Penn's character was deemed bad so quickly. They usually let those things linger. Judging from the prviews for tonight's show, the kid won't last long. I'd read that there is an actual nuking of a city this year. My guess is that is what we get tonight and Kal Penn's Ahmed is the one who does it.

Jack was channelling forest gump in that buttoned up shirt. He looked ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I recorded last night's episode on my DVR and watched it this morning. Man, what a show! This is the first time I've ever watched the show really, although I have just read up on previous seasons. I too was a little surprised how quickly Penn's character was over turned, as I thought it would play out for a few weeks. But overall I am very impressed with the show, and I already have the recording set for tonight.

24 has quickly become a show I will be tuning into every week.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler24 has quickly become a show I will be tuning into every week.

my apologies. heh

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

If I was in the pre-dvr era, I would be very upset with you C. Trying to juggle my prime-time shows is something I was failing at every night. But with the ability to record live television, without having to watch it, allows me to catch every show I want and a few I don't want. I have not pushed 24 onto my girlfriend yet, so I think it is condemned to a season of recordings and Monday morning viewings.

With so many shows kicking back into gear this month, I could of been in a sticky situation.

I do have to commend you though, this show is very good. Although I never doubted the show, I was under the impression that since I missed so many seasons, I would never be able to catch up. Never understood that each season is a story line in itself.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
after tonight, the regular viewing night is Mondays. so you'll be doing tuesday morning viewings.

I still recommend snagging the older seasons too. Mandy the assasin for hire is smoking and she makes appearances in a few seasons.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Mondays? I'll have to work that in the rest of the schedule.

Sundays is Cold Case & The Apprentice.
Mondays is Without A Trace, Prison Break, CSI: Miami, & now 24
Tuesdays is House, Law & Order SVU, Law & Order CI
Wednesdays is Friday Night Lights

That Digital Recorder is going to be busy.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
you're not watching heroes?

another good show.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I fell behind on it, and after missing the first few episodes, some of it didn't make sense. I am dedicated to snagging the first season on DVD, watching it quickly, and being ready for season 2.

It's tough avoiding these threads so I don't spoil anything.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I was surprised that Kal Penn's character was deemed bad so quickly.

i am happy about this (or maybe i am just happy with the fact that he died so quickly)...

i feel that "they" couldn't use him as a villain (at least for a long time) because of the actor that played his character...

i mean, he is a comedic actor for crying out loud

i couldn't take him seriously, could you???

here are some thoughts about '24' that i have:

- if they use another mole ploy, i am going to flip (by now, ctu and the white house should be "mole-proof")...

- middle eastern terrorists shouldn't be the main villains this season...

- in fact, i believe, that '24' made a frigging huge mistake by not having this season taking place in china or something along this line (what was the point of the season finale last year if jack came out of the chinese's custody so rapidly???)...

- to further this, '24' has a history of not developing season finales (just watch the last episodes of every season and then the first episodes of the following seasons, you'll see what i mean)...

- i loved the underlying plot about jack not being able to do the whole "save the day thing" anymore because of his time in china...

- jack killing curtis was shocking and was also a little "over-doing" it...

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

i mean, he (Kal Penn) is a comedic actor for crying out loud

I thought he was alright but I always think of Harold and Kumar and Van Wilder when I see him.

- if they use another mole ploy, i am going to flip (by now, ctu and the white house should be "mole-proof")...

agreed. I've been saying it for a long time. How can a counter terror unit be so easily infiltrated?

- middle eastern terrorists shouldn't be the main villains this season...

did you see the previews for the season? that mysterious dude from last season who was controlling the president (and was in Fame and on ER) is back. There's always more than meets the eye in this show.

- in fact, i believe, that '24' made a frigging huge mistake by not having this season taking place in china or something along this line (what was the point of the season finale last year if jack came out of the chinese's custody so rapidly???)...

I loved the seasons past that had locations outside of LA but China? what would they do, a season of Jack escaping? the edge of your seat factor comes from the impending doom of a terror attack of some sort.

to further this, '24' has a history of not developing season finales (just watch the last episodes of every season and then the first episodes of the following seasons, you'll see what i mean)...

They seem to have these endings that don't need resolution. The biggest example of this was Mandy shaking Palmer's hand in season two and him collapsing. The only acknowledgement of this in subsequent seasons was the scar on the President's hand.

Speaking of scars, poor Kiefer is going to be wearing the hand scars and beating marks for every season he lives thru. Makes me wonder how much longer he will do this. There was an ad for an internet show called the rookie which was, somehow, tied to 24. Maybe this is related, maybe not.

- i loved the underlying plot about jack not being able to do the whole "save the day thing" anymore because of his time in china...

I'm getting tired of his "I can't do this anymore" whining. He's starting to sound like Dante in Clerks. "I'm not even supposed to be here"

- jack killing curtis was shocking and was also a little "over-doing" it...

I was stunned by this one. I figured he'd be alive but his profile is marked deceased on the 24 site. Shocking. I liked Curtis. Hopefully little Ricky Schroeder will be as big and bad as Curtis sometimes was.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I too was surprised to see Jack shoot Curtis. I never seen it coming, thought the episode may be left hanging during their stand off.

I have to agree as well on the status of Kal Penn's character. I was able to forget his previous roles in Van Wilder, and Harold & Kumar, but his lack of physical strength was to evident. The guy is a terrorist, but I kept thinking that kid could kick his ass all over the house. The fact he died so quickly, well it allows for me to remember this appearance as a positive one and hopefully one that will remove the stigma above his head for ridiculous characters.

...Until next week.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
and it should also be something the newcomers can take notice of. the higher profile actors on this show die all the time. nobody is safe.

not sure if I mentioned this before but one of my favorite little things about the show is the addition of easter eggs put in by the producers.

in the past, a web site address has led to an actual mock site for the company in question, emails and phone numbers have actually worked etc. not sure if they will do it again and I usually don't watch the show "live" but it is always fun to see them toss something out for the fans.

kinda like the europeangoldfinch.net thing that never went anywhere in prisonbreak but the new season might bring it back.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Something to keep your eyes and ears open for I guess.

This morning I was watching the recording of last night's episode, and my girlfriend had come out for the last 20 minutes or so. By the end of it she was saying that she liked the show. If the schedule permits it, 24 might not be doomed to the DVR.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I thought he was alright but I always think of Harold and Kumar and Van Wilder when I see him.

exactly...

agreed. I've been saying it for a long time. How can a counter terror unit be so easily infiltrated?

bad writing...

did you see the previews for the season? that mysterious dude from last season who was controlling the president (and was in Fame and on ER) is back. There's always more than meets the eye in this show.

i knew he was coming back...

i completely agree with your last sentence, but middle eastern terrorists are way too old for me...

I loved the seasons past that had locations outside of LA but China? what would they do, a season of Jack escaping? the edge of your seat factor comes from the impending doom of a terror attack of some sort.

i read an interesting fan-fiction which revolved around jack having to stop a terror attack on chinese soil...

to me, this would be interesting...

and, of course, the cast in los angeles would not be forgotten as they would have their own stories in this imaginary season...

They seem to have these endings that don't need resolution. The biggest example of this was Mandy shaking Palmer's hand in season two and him collapsing. The only acknowledgement of this in subsequent seasons was the scar on the President's hand.

they would have had a season start right after one ended...

this would be great in the season you described here...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I just don't like this show, I think it's just so so farfetched without trying to be funny.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join