It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'24:' Season Six Discussion...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

'24:' Season Six Discussion...

The Obvious Purpose Of This Thread...

The (what should be) obvious purpose of this thread is to discuss the sixth season of the hit television show '24.' As the sixth season hasn't aired yet, all we can do is speculate and enjoy words from fans of this great show. For new fans, I will post a brief synopsis of each of the previous seasons.

The Past Seasons...

Day One

In Day 1, Jack Bauer's wife and daughter are kidnapped by a terrorist group plotting to kill presidential candidate David Palmer. A mole inside L.A. Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU), Jamey Farrell, is exposed, but doesn't provide any information that could help the investigation. When it is revealed that the man behind his family's kidnapping is someone from his past, Jack eventually realizes everything that has happened has been to do with both him and senator David Palmer personally, while information is uncovered that there may be another mole inside CTU, and makes the situation more complicated.

Day Two

In Day 2, approximately 18 months after Season 1, Jack is dealing with the death of his wife Teri and the estrangement of his daughter Kim, who believes Jack's dangerous line of work caused her mother's death. Jack is no longer working for CTU, but when the White House receives intelligence that a nuclear bomb will be detonated in Los Angeles over the course of the day, President David Palmer counts on Jack as the only man he can trust to find the terrorist cell in possession of the bomb and to stop its detonation. More lives will be at stake as another conspiracy arouses regarding a tape conversation about an attack to America, which was uncovered after the bomb crisis.

Day Three

In Day 3, three years after narrowly averting a war with three middle eastern countries, Jack returns from a one-year deep undercover operation, infiltrating the Salazar drug family. At the same time, a van drops off a dead body infected with a bio-weapon at the National Health Services. CTU then receives a phone call threatening to release the virus if Ramon Salazar is not released from prison in 6 hours. Jack's new partner is Chase Edmunds, who is also romantically involved with his daughter Kim, who is now also working at CTU. Jack is also fighting a heroin addiction he picked up in his undercover assignment.

Day Four

It's been 18 months since Jack Bauer averted a deadly crisis in Los Angeles. However, he was fired from CTU, and now has got a new lease on life, as a senior advisor to Secretary of Defense James Heller. He also has found a new love in his life in the form of his boss's daughter, Audrey Raines. But an impeding hostage crisis concerning his new boss develops, that leaves Jack's new life shattered. Jack must reclaim his past life, as a CTU agent, in order to save the life he has made for himself. As the day unfolds several contingencies are revealed, all planned by Turkish terrorist Habib Marwan. Each of Marwan's attacks proves even more devastating than its predecessor and CTU must race to find him before he unleashes a terror America has never had to deal with before.

Day Five

18 months after Day 4, Jack is living under a new alias, as Frank Flynn, and working on various oil rigs and refineries throughout America. He is currently living with Diane and Derek Huxley, a family near the Mojave Desert, South Eastern California. Meanwhile, an unknown figure orders the assassination of the four people who know Jack is alive--Tony Almeida, Michelle Dessler, Chloe O'Brian and Former President David Palmer--to frame him. He returns to LA to clear his name when a hostage situation erupts. But it is only a diversion by a collaboration of conspirators and Russian separatists to obtain 20 canisters of Sentox VX nerve gas. The gas was originally to be used to attack Moscow, but the separatists begin to release it in LA in retaliation after they discover that a US agent has infiltrated their organization. Jack attempts to search for the remaining canisters and expose treachery deep within the White House.

Note: All information about the past seasons are from linky...

Now to the good stuff...

What We Know About Season Six...

Season Premiere Date

The season premiere will air on Sunday, January 14 and on Monday, January 15, 2007. It will air in the format of a two-night, four-hour season premiere.

What The Season Is About

Day 6 will take place 20 months after the events of Season 5 following "a series of horrific terrorist attacks."

The President of the United States is now Wayne Palmer, (DB Woodside), brother of late president David Palmer, with their sister Sandra (Regina King) a powerful attorney. The season picks up during a terrorist attack, with the president assembling a team to deal with the situation.

Paul McCrane of ER returns as the evil mastermind Graham, whose wife and son will also be introduced this season. Eddie Izzard will be appearing in at least one episode as a villain. James Cromwell also joins 24 for the sixth season as Jack Bauer's father.

Season Six Trailer...

The trailer for season six will be available on this site in the coming hours.

'24' Sites...

Official Site...

24 (Wikipedia)...

Your Assistance Is Needed...

If you are a fan of '24' (if you are not, why aren't you???), then please share any information about season six with us. In addition to this, to make this thread successful, we must gather the fans of '24' and discuss this great show here. I hope you all watch season six and regularly come visit this thread for all of your '24' needs.

Rules On "Spoilers"...

I know (from personal experience) that "spoilers" (information that hasn't been aired, but will in the future) ruin the experience of watching the actual show. This is why I have created this little section in this post. If you desire to post a spoiler, please warn the reader that you are about to do so. This way, we can all enjoy '24' in our own way. This rule goes into affect two weeks before the first episode of '24' season six airs. For now, spoilers may not do that much harm (and they make great discussion) and this is why the rule doesn't apply until then.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Mmmm.... 24. One of my top favorite shows. I totally cannot wait for season 6 to start. Season 5 was (imo) on par with Season 2 (which imo was the best thus far).

In any case, i'm a little bummed we won't be seeing Jack fight his way out of China. Seems like a waste of a perfectly good cliffhanger!

I hope this season is run back to back like last season - having mini-breaks part way into the season is just too brutal

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
In any case, i'm a little bummed we won't be seeing Jack fight his way out of China. Seems like a waste of a perfectly good cliffhanger!

yupp...

just like when that woman poisoned david palmer's hand and he was dying in the final moments of one season...

then, the following season, he was okay and they fast-forwarded us some months into future...

i hate how they do that...

this season would have been great if it was different and if it took place in china...

of course, we wouldn't be allowed to shoot in china as much as we would like (and it would be expensive)...

and, yes, this season is a "non-stop" season with no reruns or breaks, just new episodes...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
just like when that woman poisoned david palmer's hand and he was dying in the final moments of one season...

then, the following season, he was okay and they fast-forwarded us some months into future...

i hate how they do that...

One of these days Jack is gonna have to deal with Mandy (the female assassin through every season thus far), and i'm hoping it won't be pretty - especially since she's had a hand in *every* major terrorist event in the series so far.

this season would have been great if it was different and if it took place in china...

of course, we wouldn't be allowed to shoot in china as much as we would like (and it would be expensive)...

Eh, i'm sure they could have pulled it off *somehow*. shoot in Australia or something

and, yes, this season is a "non-stop" season with no reruns or breaks, just new episodes...

This is *great* news. I wish other series would do the same (ie- Lost)

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm glad Jack's girlfriend is off the show. I couldn't stand her and she makes watching the Nine tough.

This season's tag line, Jack Must Die, is a bit much in my opinion. There's no show without him so we know he can't die. That was the one stupid plot point in season 2.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
This season's tag line, Jack Must Die, is a bit much in my opinion. There's no show without him so we know he can't die. That was the one stupid plot point in season 2.

heh, its better than "you think you know jack" or "jack's back" :shk:

actually, there can be a show without him...

but, in my opinion, if this were to happen successfully, jack must die in the beginning of the season or the middle of the season...

this is why i don't like this show as much as i did in the past, jack never dies and he somehow manages to save the whole world over and over again!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I actually thought they were going to kill him off when Chase was on the show. I thought they were prepping us for the new guy. Since they are planning on a movie or series of movies, I think it is safe to assume that "jack must die!!" but not in this season.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I think it is safe to assume that "jack must die!!" but not in this season.

not any time soon, in my opinion...

'24' is too much of a money magnet to kill off jack, for now...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
agreed

I can't wait to hear him yell "drop the gun!!" for the millionth time. the season can't start soon enough.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I can't wait to hear him yell "drop the gun!!" for the millionth time. the season can't start soon enough.

or his copyrighted "damn it!!!"...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
not any time soon, in my opinion...

'24' is too much of a money magnet to kill off jack, for now...

don't forget about the 24 movie!

If Jack is to be killed off at some point, my money is on it happening in the movie.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
don't forget about the 24 movie!

If Jack is to be killed off at some point, my money is on it happening in the movie.

the movie would be great if it took place in between seasons...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I hope they don't kill Jack off

Although... I have heard the movie takes place between seasons 7 and 8 or 8 and 9 and the only character from the show is Jack (and mabey Chloe). That would mean they can't exactly kill him off until season 9 right? Lol

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
Although... I have heard the movie takes place between seasons 7 and 8 or 8 and 9 and the only character from the show is Jack (and mabey Chloe). That would mean they can't exactly kill him off until season 9 right? Lol

that makes sense, if what you say is true...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi

Where didja hear this?! Do you have any other tidbits on the movie?!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm fairly sure he has a contract that extends for a few more seasons and, more important, the show would die without him. The ratings haven't been stellar and the show was meant to be cancelled after season one but the dvd release reversed that decision. Normally, shows don't release the prior season as soon as it ends but they wanted to get it out since the show was going to be canned. The dvd did so well they kept the show alive.

Anyway, without Kiefer, there is no show so don't expect him to die at this point. In prior years it was always a possibility. The only way they could kill him off would be to only do movies that center around days that took place before he died.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
huge news here!!!

the first four episodes of season six have been leaked on the internet!!!

i am downloading the first episode now...

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
24 is the one show my wife and I watch together, without fail. All other shows we are willing to let the other one watch alone. She leaves for L.A. sunday and won't return until the following Friday. She told me to watch the first 4 hours without her but I know that means she won't ever catch up.

what to do, what to do.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Can anyone confirm the following UK airing dates for the new season?

Sky One
Sunday 21st January - Episodes 1 and 2
Sunday 28th January - Episodes 3 and 4
Sunday 4th February - Episodes 5 and 6
Sunday 11th February - Episode 7

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join