It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK DNA Database

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
UK Prime Minister Tony Blair announced today that every UK citizen should be on the national DNA database. In a press statement, he sidelined privacy concerns for residents stating that he could see "no problem" in everyone being in the database and he expected public opinion to reflect this.

www.telegraph.co.uk
Tony Blair called yesterday for the national DNA database to be expanded to include every citizen.

He said there should be no limit on the development of the database because it was vital for catching serious criminals

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have no problem with criminals data being stored, but why does the uk government insist on having more information than it actually needs. They have been trying very hard to get biometric data from an unwilling public, and it appears they are operating on the theory that if the nag people enough they will eventually give in.

The major concerns for the UK population are, who has access to the data, and what can they do with it? What happened to innocent until proven guilty? If a serious crime occours in the UK why is my dna going to be tested against it?

This is all starting to happen a little quickly for my liking. Im all for progress, but ask anyone thats had their identity stolen via "chip and pin" just how secure these systems really are.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
No way are they going to have my DNA profile.

The UK already has, if I remember correctly, the largest DNA database in Europe, if not the world. I think it's now mandatory for Police forces to collect DNA samples from anyone that they arrest, for any crime.

Just who the hell do these bozos think they are? Why must we all be catalogued and tracked every minute of the day? Treated as if we are all suspects, while those that impose these measures teflon coat themselves to avoid any legal blowback and increasingly hide things from the public.
I'm sure if we, the tax paying public, had the same access to MP's lives as they would impose on us, they'd mostly be out of office or in jail in no time. After all, if they have nothing to hide then they should have no problem with public scrutiny and oversight of their actions.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The data will not be secure,most biometrics can be hacked and so can any computer network.
The government are salivating over this scheme,the database will be all pervasive,including what you buy,medical prescriptions,house\work details,criminal records,links to family and friends.It will also make use of the ANPR scheme to track ALL vehicles in the UK.
ALL of this information will be shared around the elites of the world intelligence agencies,governments AND of course to the highest bidder.Thats right ,they wish to sell our sensitive information to all those lovely,honest corporations.
So the government will make lots of money from the biggest ever THEFT of identies...OURS!!!
This is global,and its sick.Not alot of people seem to notice the potential for authoritarian abuse of this database.Even if some people still don`t see Tony Bliar or GW B as wannabe dictators and friends of dictatorships(hell,you gotta be friends with those you put in power..),what would happen if your/our new leaders are Evil?
They now have the most comprehensive tracking/spying/data collection system the world has ever seen.
So thanks Tony And George your"neo labour"and "neo conservative" schemes have put the future of free society against a wall.You have put the firing squads in position.They are taking aim at the last vestiges of free speech and democracy.
Will our next leaders give the order "FIRE!" ?

I made a thread on something similar last weekend,didn`t get any replys so far.
People don`t seem aware enough to realise whats going on.
OH well,you will soon i am afraid.

So when i refuse to give my dna/retina/fingerprints to the government,(because i am not a law breaker and i totally disagree with all aspects of the database/IDcard),I will be fined 2500 pounds by laws already put in place.Then if i still refuse to give my info,which i will,i will be locked up and have my data taken by force/under sedation.
Which is another reason i will refuse.

My grandfathers fought against a regime like this from 39-45.They were called Nazis.
If i did not stand up against the same evils today,what would that make me?A coward is what.

Fight the fourth reich!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think this is something that if you work with databases you really understand the power of what you can do with them.

The more data you have from various sources the more can be cross-referenced.

The problem with the dna side of things, is you can refuse to take part but at the end of the day all it takes is one strand of hair.

Imagine the technology in 10 years time, where a garbage truck scans your rubbish, and identifys who is living in a house at that time?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
2Right Ewan.
Advertising profiles/potential criminals or terrorists/bans on food types for large people,etc etc.
We are really heading towards a "minority report" type future.
It will become harder and harder as the tech gets more advanced...I was thinking about a king of nano spray,which collects genetic samples from an environment,or smart materials,that when touched or are breathed on,record DNA.
I while off i hope.
But even then i will try to resist-i can never execpt this from leaders who love to torture people,be it through abuse of power leading to war,or waterboarding-its all the same.

Resist the hive!

top topics

join