It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apology to the Public:Area 51 Closing....read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
As many of you have read what i wrote my thread on area 51 is apparently false
the article i submitted was exactly what my friend who is currently in the FBI had told me
to answer a few questions

1. i am aware that no nuclear testing was done at area 51, but he said it, so who knows,

2.I never talk about government conspiracies or facilities with him, ever, this was the only time we actually discussed his doings in the FBI

3. This isnt my opinion, AT ALL, this was simply my first post, and ironically a friend had told me information I felt to relay to the ATS community.

The only credible resources is the fact that he is in the FBI to begin with, thus I would assume he would know.

My future posts will be of my findings, not others, as I have been rudely awakened to find.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
We appreciate your effort to inform the ATS community of what seemed to be information from a credible source.

The only reason your post was quickly ripped to shreds was that this was a major point of discussion a few years ago, and a bit of disinformation that was extremely easy to debunk.

It is also a hot button issue because, although it HAS been thoroughly debunked, there are still many people who post it as gospel without checking the facts. So, for veteran ATSers, it angries up the blood!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thefortold,

It was a good effort, even though it turned out to be inaccurate information. Those of us who do serious research applaud your efforts to share what you though was good information. Remember, anyone can be fooled from time to time! That's the nature of researching government and military secrets. It took us MONTHS of dedicated research to put that roumor to rest. We don't expect newer members to "walk in the door" with all the answers, We as a community, with dedicated researchers and years of data still don't know some things!

As Shadowhawk said, the Only reason your post was dismissed so fast is because it was a major topic a while back, and we even had a Team spend months researching Area 51 and it's secrets.

Thank for your great first effort! Keep posting and never be afraid to ask if you don't know if something is correct. There's always someone floating around here who will help!

Tim

SIDE NOTE FOR ALL ATS VETERANS: Our community is growing daily! Our newer members are often still trying to learn some of the stuff we take as basic knowlege. Go easy on newer members and HELP them find the truth! Also, try to be understanding as you help them sort facts from disinformation!

CX

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I definately would'nt beat yourself up over it, many people here post threads that they believe to be based on facts, it's just that there are a lot of very knowledgable people on ATS and they can usualy dig out the peculiarities.

I like to think of ATS of one big learning curve. No matter what you think you know or what you mate knows.....theres always somone out there who knows more!

I think it's also admirable that you even bothered to apologise and explain, theres a lot of people who would'nt, and they also would'nt learn the first time...or the second!

CX.

PS: I would'nt let this experience put you off posting about what you have heard from others though, there is a lot of vauable information to be gained listening to people who work in certain organizations. They may not always be right, but sometimes they are.

To post only on your own findings would restrict you greatly, i mean unless you lucky to have some major security clearance, how would you be able to know about info relating to the goings on at Area 51 and the likes?

I'd suggest that if you are'nt to sure about the facts, pose your thread as a question rather than a statement.

[edit on 24/10/06 by CX]

top topics

join