It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What gets rid of headaches?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Another medical treatment available for hardcore migrane headaches is botox treatment. Botulin toxin is injected into the blood vessels going to your brain to paralyze some of your brain cells that are causing the headache.

Strange, but true.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I know this will sound strange, but it REALLY works:

Soak a wash cloth in ice water and put it in the back of your neck for a few minutes.

The reason it works is that the cold actually makes the blood vessles in you neck expand and allows excess blood to drain away from your head. This Lowers the pressure that causes your head to hurt.

Tim

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Excedrin!!!! It can be any generic kind as long as it says "FOR HEADACHES"

OR

Wrap uncooked bacon slices around your head, sleep on that overnight. The bacon will cook, and by the time you're up and ready for breakfast.....

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Peddy:
My idea for you is this:

Firstly,sack off the headache tablets.-They only work if you use them once in a while,not good to use them if you suffer from regular headaches.In fact they may actually contribute to the headache.You obviously would not want to do this before you consider my second point:

You spend too much time in front of the screen.You know this.Is it the mineral phosphorus which is kicked out of a CRT,or does a CRT leech phosphor from our system...always get that mixed up,it one of the two I think.

Every hour or so get up,run around,and if possible access nature for a while.
Got a pet? Go walking more.

That helps me anyhow,and I too spend too much time in front of the screen.
Yeah yeah,i know-you`ve noticed that already ATSers.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Peady, here are some other environmental factors to be aware of:

1. When working on a computer, do you always get the headache? When I use CRT-screen monitors, it makes my eyes very tired after awhile. However I have no such problem with LCD flat-screen monitors. So check that out.

2. I had a lifelong unsuspected problem of food intolerance to most wheat products (not pasta made from durum semolina, but just about everything else). It manifested itself as a killer headache, starting 1-3 hours after eating wheat. I was able to control it by taking aspirin, but if I delayed taking aspirin, the headache would get worse until it was almost migraine-like in intensity. Not good, plus I always had to carry a bottle of aspirin with me everywhere. Remember that a food intolerance is not as severe as a true food allergy.

Physicians don't focus much on food intolerances because there's still very little training provided in medical schools on nutrition. So self-diagnosis via an elimination diet (no wheat for one week, to see if headaches leave or are vastly decreased), is the way to find out if that is what is causing your headaches.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Plenty of sleep, extra-strength advil, silent soothing meditation techniques and a sense of positive thoughts, try smiling more often and most of all drink tea. No coffee, no pop, no junk food, and most of all no cigarretes or boos. Keep a clean hygiene and listen to happy cheery active music. No gothic, punk, or hard core metal. You need something that the small ear drums in your ears are easy to beat with. Dont be a hermit, open yours window blinds - let the sun shine.

ciao.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join