It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars isn't Red/Life On Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
The color of the sky has to do with the amount of atmosphere the planet has.. which Mars does infact have an atmosphere with limited oxygen.. maybe not completely gone .. but very small amount.. and that does not prove life exist AND in relation to the thread as you admit the planets ground is a rust colored red hence Mars is STILL red.

So..

Your point?

it has no implications of life on mars. it's just further evidence toward NASA airbrushing and more lies. NASA coloring in the martian sky to make it look less hospitable to life in the public eye may infer that there is life on mars. i forget who the NASA official that admitted that "NASA doesn't release every discovery it makes" was, but it wouldn't surprise me if NASA is well aware of life on mars and are trying to delay the announcement by convincing the public mars is a nasty place.

and again, for the record, this thread was never meant to say MARS isn't read. it's meant to say that the martian SKY isn't red. who cares what color the ground is? it was never an issue. when did you decide it was?

[edit on 27-10-2006 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
No, I used the 673nm version for the Red, the 535nm for the Green and the 432nm for the Blue (the closest I could get from NASA's photos) to make that "photo", the closest to a RGB photo I could make using only Photoshop and the photos provided by NASA.

Then why is it that others can actually manage to put together blue skies with the same data? Why are both you and NASA finding it so hard to get anything other than red skies?

Unfortunately, ESA has published just some photos, I would love to see all their photos.

I don't think that is very likely considering what they will repeatedly and unequivically show...

If we do no not trust NASA, can we trust ESA? And can we trust any other organisation? And if we can do something else than wait, what can we do?

Apparently more so than we can NASA, yes. We can't trust any of them but we can thank them for at least constructing their lies of sterner stuff.

Stellar

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
Then why is it that others can actually manage to put together blue skies with the same data? Why are both you and NASA finding it so hard to get anything other than red skies?
Red sky?

The sky in the picture I made using the other pictures is almost white, with very little blue on the left, but no red.

[edit on 12/11/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The sky in the picture I made using the other pictures is almost white, with very little blue on the left, but no red.

This is true and i should have gone back to check considering how long that response has been waiting.... I still wonder how the blue green tree effect came about?

Stellar

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

This is my first post - I've been a lurking around ATS for the past 3 months without making any contributions so I thought it was about time I rumbled things up a bit.

Here we go, straight in at the deep end...

Out of those pics StellarX posted (on page 1) - This caught my eye as being the most fascinating of them all:

www.msss.com...

From what I've read, only one person mentioned these pics, everyone else carried on chatting about the colour of the sky.

Now anyone looking at this pic will instantly notice some specs (trees) which appear to become more densely packed the further down you scroll - until you hit what I'd call a "forest" of them. Further down again are what I can only describe as "lakes" - and packed around these "lakes" are more tightly packed "trees".

This pattern takes on an uncanny resemblance to the natural growth patterns of vegetation here on earth and so I was wandering if this had been discussed elsewhere in the forum already.

I have e-mailed this image to everyone here in my office (under the heading "Excellent Satellite Photo" - with no references to Mars) and I asked them what they thought it was...the reply....Earth.

I work in an office with 3 geologists.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by morgansolutions
www.msss.com...

From what I've read, only one person mentioned these pics, everyone else carried on chatting about the colour of the sky.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

Winston Churchill

Now anyone looking at this pic will instantly notice some specs (trees) which appear to become more densely packed the further down you scroll - until you hit what I'd call a "forest" of them. Further down again are what I can only describe as "lakes" - and packed around these "lakes" are more tightly packed "trees".

I believe that is what most winds would subconsciously see but i think when you mention Mars with the picture that message wont reach the conscious mind in most people.
I saw the trees and i saw the lakes and i have grown tired of pretending that i am not very sure that that is in fact what's really there. ...

This pattern takes on an uncanny resemblance to the natural growth patterns of vegetation here on earth and so I was wandering if this had been discussed elsewhere in the forum already.

I think you should be able to find a few threads ( use google tab or google itself) here and at least a few more pages on the internet...

members.shaw.ca...

Enjoyed that one...

I have e-mailed this image to everyone here in my office (under the heading "Excellent Satellite Photo" - with no references to Mars) and I asked them what they thought it was...the reply....Earth.

I work in an office with 3 geologists.

The type of feedback i no longer need but so enjoy reading.
You should vist this great site and send him a email sharing your story and just thanking him for his great site where i found the links to most of the pictures i use...

Thanks for the feedback and do keep digging!

Stellar

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

Winston Churchill

Yes quite true
So I see with that long list you posted you are the guy to see about things afoot on Mars! When I get done playing on the Moon I will look you up...

But just for fun... here is proof of blue skies on Mars... a little dusty perhaps... but blue... snapped this on a stop over on the way to Jupiter a few weeks ago

There is one thing most people tend to forget though when it comes to Mars... doesn't matter what color the sky is... its DARKER there, sun is a lot farther away hence less light... the picture above shows you how tiny the sun is from Mars view...

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
yeah i heard that mars may hav elife below its surface where there are said to be frozen water sources and a big ice cap atits northpole, but i heard the athmosphere on mars was is thinner than on earth which makes it more vulnerable to meteor impacts and devoid of oxygen

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by prestige8
yeah i heard that mars may hav elife below its surface where there are said to be frozen water sources and a big ice cap atits northpole, but i heard the athmosphere on mars was is thinner than on earth which makes it more vulnerable to meteor impacts and devoid of oxygen

Maybe you should actually read this thread then! Such a wealth of information for you to delve into and still you choose to let us hear about what you heard instead of running down the rumours?

Stellar

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by prestige8

Yuppers ice cap on north pole.... CO2 Ice frozen carbon dioxide...

Plants LOVE CO2

And who ever said all aliens are oxygen breathers?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
just another photo i found adjusting the colors so we can see what mars really looks like...

good pick.

jra

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedangler
just another photo i found adjusting the colors so we can see what mars really looks like...

good pick.

You know... they call it approximate true colour for a reason. Not all the colours are going to come out perfectly correct.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Wow after looking at all the New JPL pictures with what looks like lakes in the south and what resembles forests around the lakes(or just rocks that really look like trees)And to see the very first Viking image with blue sky,then 2 hours later they change the sky to red saying the first picture was a mistake....Damn I'm pissed off.How could they continue to lie about this for so many years?Nasa can't be trusted for anything.What really made me burn was the image showing the real rover on earth with yellow straps and then the new pictures on Mars showing the same straps are orange,bastards.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonus

I don't have any problem believing that NASA has lied before. No, not any at all. What I am aware of, having researched this information a bit, is that NASA retains the right to withhold any information deemed to be a possible threat to "National Security." We all know how that has been puppet-ed around by certain folks in the past.

Concerning the color on Mars and therefore the atmosphere I can only confirm the minimal presence of the atmosphere on the planet mars. It is well known that Mars lost it's magnetosphere and cannot retain much of an atmosphere because of the resulting influx of solar radiation.

Mars is probably inhabited by some kind of life, whether it is intelligent, or even cognizant of organisms as we know them, is a matter for further speculation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join