It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reach Nirvana by Avoiding all News Programs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I found that life is 100% better when I refuse to watch any news programs or read newspapers. I haven't bought a newspaper for years but at times I get hooked on watching the news and it is all horror stories. Every day there is a new definition to atrocity being shown to us on the news. Just when I think I've seen the most evil thing on earth someone comes up with something even more horrific and evil. And it never ends. I could spend my entire life absorbed in news programs about bad things instead of spending my life getting closer to God and spiritual things.

So I decided to once again stop watching the news and after a few weeks I once again am free from all the problems of the world and feel closer to God. I don't read any news on this site either and just focus on the spiritual and metaphysical matters. I can meditate easier and think clearer, and my life is often blissful as a result.

So I'm just writing this to let people know that they don't have to take notice of any news programs at all. If news comes on the TV or radio switch it off instantly. Don't let the bad news effect your life in any way. Just focus on creative good things and you will accomplish much more in your life.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You're absolutely right about this. If you want to live a peaceful life, dont listen to or watch the news!

Thanks for bringing this up. I am the type who flips stations just to catch a little news in between shows, and that's not good for me.

Good advice. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yes I AGREE!

It is so depressing and full of a lot of deception (in the US, that is)

Myself, I don't even hardly watch TV at all - except for 'educational' stuff - mainly Nat'l Geo and Discovery....

That's been my way for well over 10 or 12 years.

It was one of the best things I ever decided to do!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
So I decided to once again stop watching the news and after a few weeks I once again am free from all the problems of the world and feel closer to God. I don't read any news on this site either and just focus on the spiritual and metaphysical matters. I can meditate easier and think clearer, and my life is often blissful as a result.

Hi PBG:

Love this thread, you are so right. We have so much static in our minds and it all consists of the horrible jingles, news, shopping lists, gossip, envy, one upsmanship thoughts ie (I can't believe she wore that dress to work, mine is much better) sort've thinking. We've all experienced it and should follow your example, we should cast it all off. How could anyone expect to gain insight with all that noise?

Highest regards,

STM

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well, if you want to live in "bliss," then don't ever try to find out the truth. Unfortunately, "bliss" also brings ignorance, which is something most of society perpetually shows. So most are living in "bliss.":shk:

Queenie, I also like Discovery, History channel and even Sci-Fi channel now and again.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
ignorance = bliss

staying in the cave = bliss

but the way to overcome suffering, (at least according to the buddha) is to FACE suffering

we must not be afraid to face the horrors of the news

also, it's a good excersise for the mind to catch the BS news stories

[edit on 10/26/06 by madnessinmysoul]

new topics

top topics

join