It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walk With an Angel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Lots of prayers are going up for you right now JS. No one should have to go through what you've been through, sounds like an angel was shielding you. I would really like to talk to you about this through U2Us. Very Highest regards, STM

[edit on 25-10-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This post was extremely difficult to write. So much happened during this period that either I could write a book (don’t think I have the talent for it) or instead condense it down to a postable level. What is left is a very brief overview which comes across as very terse, but readable, I hope.

I decided to try an experiment of sorts, a very unusual experiment. What would happen to me if I followed every rule in the Bible, fulfill them totally heart and soul, would I become a saint? Would miracles abound? Would I be able to heal the sick, speak with angels, move mountains, walk on water?

Searching through my Bible I would find one requirement here, another in a different book of the Bible there; and I started compiling a list. As I found each one it felt as though I was being directed in my search, as though there was a person leaning over my shoulder pointing out the correct scripture to use.

(The list below is paraphrased and is not referenced; the original list was lost at some point over the years)

Some of the requirements were:

1. totally submit myself to God’s will (take what comes to you with an understanding that in some way it is the right thing to have happen and to turn the other cheek, no ego);
2. to clean out my mind and have a perpetual prayer from the heart in its place;
3. be as a child in your relationship with God;
4. to understand that we are sojourners here, that this is not our home;
5. to fast from time to time;

All the others were already in place:

6. love God before all others (which enriched your love for your children, family and friends);
7. love of Christ in your heart
8. be honest always;
9. help others in need;
10. treat others as you would like to be treated;

Going forward with a “just do it” attitude I allowed myself no quarter, no excuses, the experiment was underway.

First I chose a phrase to recite to myself whenever a bad thought came up in my mind, the phrase was, “Praise God Delightful Child Of God”, (don’t know where it came from, probably from the scriptures somewhere). I wrote down the initials of it in my hand to remind me to use it when needed.

Still pouring over my Bible I found that the words you say out loud carry a lot of weight too, that if they are said as though it is so, then it is so. So I thought up a nonsensical phrase which would carry no weight, no consequences to use if I was angry, or had maybe cut a finger. The phrase I chose was “sweet hyacinth”.

It took about a week or so to clean out my mind and I then noticed that my focus on projects had improved and that I suddenly (or perhaps just realized) that I had extreme empathy for others and could at times know what others were thinking.

My prayers were much deeper also and it seemed that the lower I knelt in my heart, the higher God lifted me to be better able to stand, knowing that he is with me always and not to fear anything, to have no doubt, and that I was his child. (In my prayers I always presented myself as his moronic child who would need lots of help).

Next I spoke with an Orthodox Jewish rabbi who shopped at our store. (Though I have a great respect for Judaism, I’m a Christian) He told me that true fasting is nothing like the current new age trend (at that time) of just starving yourself, he told me to eat green leafy foods and to drink plenty of water and that to start he would only recommend fasting one day a week, and to never fast for more than 2 days later on when I was used to it. All alcoholic beverages were out, as well as smoking. He also covered the spiritual benefits of kosher foods to break the fast.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Fasting for a day a week, following my list, I noticed that I no longer craved new clothes, jewelry of any kind, no more murder programs on TV, etc..etc..I just didn’t feel that I needed all those “things” to have a good life. I also noticed that as I looked into people’s eyes that it was very clear to me where they were coming from. Then my dreams started to change in a very interesting way:

I was swimming in a very large lake racing for the shore. Around me I noticed that there were many other racers in the water (15 or so). Stopping for a minute, looking up and around to see where I was I saw brewing storm clouds coming up behind us (Spielberg type clouds, bubbling and black, moving fast). Looking towards the shore I could see a large steep hill sloping down to the water with a very narrow beach. The beach was not sand; it was instead very rocky and very narrow and was butted up against the cliff/hillside. Up on the shore there was a man dressed in sweats and a baseball cap blowing a whistle and waving us in, the storm was getting closer. Pushing on, the other swimmers and I made it up onto the beach. They then ran to the bottom edge of the cliff and started climbing up a path that I hadn’t noticed.

Stepping carefully I climbed the steep path up to the main trail at the top of the cliff edge. The Old Man held out his hand and helped me up the last steep bit. I hadn’t recognized him in the sweats and cap, he just winked at me and told me that we still had to get to the top of the hill where there was a cabin, it would shelter us from the storm, quick hug and then he said hurry now, must hurry. Around me I saw that the other swimmers were bending down putting on shoes to protect their feet from the rocky path and looking around I saw that I didn’t have any. Oh, well, I thought, I can make it without shoes, I’ll just keep going. The wind was whipping up the dirt from the path, and the clouds were almost to us as the others jogged up the hill toward the top. Running for a few seconds I realized that my feet would be cut to ribbons, at this point of the path the stones were like sharp stakes sticking up out of the ground, crystalline stakes.

While I was thinking about what to do the Old Man came up to me and said, “Move along, we must hurry now.” I told him about the shoe situation and he said not to worry he’d help me. Reaching down to the dirt of the path he brushed away at the soil with his hand. Underneath was a piece of metal, the same color as the path, (it looked like a piece of metal from a beige filing cabinet) He finished brushing away the soil and told me to put my foot on it. Doing so he then folded up the edges into a boxy shaped shoe around my foot, and then he started brushing the soil from the path to form a second shoe for me.

“How come the others have nice shoes and I have to wear these clunky ones?” I asked. He stood up as he finished and with a twinkle in his eye he said, “These will take you much farther than the shoes the others are wearing. Only a few will make it walking with their popular beliefs”. (Actually he said much more, sort of a tirade against the popular find yourself movements that were everywhere at that time, coffee shop gurus and how hollow they really are, a really sore subject with the Old Man. It was clear that he really cared about the other swimmers and wished they would take his advice, as I said, it would take a book) He finished with, “Remember to stay on the path and you will not fail.” The wind was almost tornado level at this point. Fighting the side wind which was trying to blow us off the path we slowly but steadily moved uphill.

More to follow if you would like,

Highest regards,

STM

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Please continue as I'm sure everyone wants to see more.

SLPEXE

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Love the post STM! Keep posting.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Very interesting....plz post more. I've been wanting to leave all these material things aside too....how can i start???

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hi, thanks for your interest in this thread. I've always wanted to share these memories, thought they were too good to waste on just one person. I'm working on another post and hope it will be finished soon.

I do ask that you consider this thought when you read them; I am still reaching for understanding of all these events and I don't have all the answers. All I can say for sure is that all the memories I have lined up for this thread left me a better person with a deeper understanding of God and his universe. I hope it will be the same for you.

STM

[edit on 4-11-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvosky
Very interesting....plz post more. I've been wanting to leave all these material things aside too....how can i start???

Hey Harvosky!

Thanks glad you like them. In answer to your question I would have to say it's different for everyone, for example, do you have a family to support? Or a parent to care for? Or, are you on your own? These circumstances should be taken into consideration; and then I would suggest a lot of prayer asking for guidance in this. Keep in mind that I'm not qualified to answer questions like this, so that's really all I should say here, best wishes always,

STM

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hi STM,

Well, you asked me for a question or two. Here's a question or two.

Originally posted by seentoomuch
I do ask that you consider this thought when you read them; I am still reaching for understanding of all these events and I don't have all the answers.

What answers do you seek....or what questions would you ask?

All I can say for sure is that all the memories I have lined up for this thread left me a better person with a deeper understanding of God and his universe.

What is your current understanding of the universe?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Hi STM,

Well, you asked me for a question or two. Here's a question or two.

I do ask that you consider this thought when you read them; I am still reaching for understanding of all these events and I don't have all the answers.

1. What answers do you seek....or what questions would you ask?

All I can say for sure is that all the memories I have lined up for this thread left me a better person with a deeper understanding of God and his universe.

2. What is your current understanding of the universe?

Hi Prote!

Thanks for the great questions!

1. Lots of questions left: Is this force that at times steps into the breach for me (not the old man, this force comes later in the posts), has an incredible personality, and who I believe is God an; energy force or..... somewhere out there, within all the dimensions or outside of all the dimensions is there an actual being that is God? Not important, I know, but I just want to know.

Another question: Why didn't a Tom step in to save the young man who drowned in the river?

Another: Who exactly is Tom? What are his origins?

And Another: Why doesn't everyone have a Tom?

And there are many other questions that I don't know how to put into words; I don't know the terms to use.

2. Once again I don't know the terms to use but I'll give it a try, this is very basic though. Our bodies and everything we see and feel are vibrating matter, we are lower than the angels in our level of frequency/vibration. Walking through walls would not be difficult at all if our levels were raised. We can, at any time, improve ourselves and raise our level, there are no restrictions on this as I have seen proposed on other threads, (they said that we are on a prison planet) God wants us to be with him. And don't for one second think that God is as dusty and hard to read as the Bible sitting on your bookshelf, he is vibrant, always exploring, always creating something incredible in the most amazing ways, always funny (yes, he has a sense of humor) there are no limits to what you can experience with him next to you.

He missed us so much, loved us so much that he sent Christ to help us come to him, at any level. Grace is what is required to stand before God and not be ashamed, (no matter how much we had improved we would still feel shame, he is so perfect). Without grace we would leave and go the furthest we could go from God, go somewhere dark.

In the posts you'll see: other dimensions, miracles, other times, other not so good entities and how to deal with them....etc.. I expect to be writing on this board for a good while.

These answers were very, very basic, keep reading the posts as they go up and let me know what you think. Thanks, STM

[edit on 4-11-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Thanks for that STM, I'll wait for your final posts on this entity but here's the problem, I asked two questions, now I have a thousand. I shall limit them.

1. Lots of questions left: Is this force that at times steps into the breach for me (not the old man, this force comes later in the posts), has an incredible personality, and who I believe is God an; energy force or..... somewhere out there, within all the dimensions or outside of all the dimensions is there an actual being that is God? Not important, I know, but I just want to know.

We all do! Can't wait for the posts.

Another question: Why didn't a Tom step in to save the young man who drowned in the river?

hmmmm. So am I correct in deducing that you don't have a clear picture of where you (or mankind) fits into the universal energy/life cycle?

Haven't you asked him?

Why do you think they don't?

And there are many other questions that I don't know how to put into words; I don't know the terms to use.

Feel free to u2u if you want help to straighten them out.

I will refrain from comment on the other answer until your other posts come out. You refer to God a lot, I'm interested to see how this all fits together. How long before you post this stuff, I can;t give you good questions without the whole picture!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Thanks for that STM, I'll wait for your final posts on this entity but here's the problem, I asked two questions, now I have a thousand. I shall limit them.

hmmmm. So am I correct in deducing that you don't have a clear picture of where you (or mankind) fits into the universal energy/life cycle?

Answer: Most of the lessons were focused on our personal relationship with God and the universe and how it works, not on the situation with each and every person.

Haven't you asked him?

Answer: When I'm with him I am so overwhelmed just being with him that it is difficult to ask questions not related to the lesson. When I’ve managed to get a word out his answer is, “who do you think I am?” And another time it was answered with, who he is is not important, God is. He is very humble when asked about himself, quite unlike his usual dry, witty, loving, exuberant self.

Why do you think they don't?

Answer: I can only guess on this. I believe that we all have a Tom but that most of us don’t listen, and I hope that someday we all will.

Feel free to u2u if you want help to straighten them out.

Answer: Thanks! I’m a bit lost on the terminology.

I will refrain from comment on the other answer until your other posts come out. You refer to God a lot, I'm interested to see how this all fits together. How long before you post this stuff, I can;t give you good questions without the whole picture!

Answer: It takes awhile to write these posts, there’s so much to tell and at the same time I have to condense it to a postable level while making sure that all the integral parts are included.

I put the answer within your quotes, hope they are clear.

STM

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hi STM

What are you talking about a postable level? Just write it and when you reach your character limit, stick it in word or notepad, then carry on. This will automatically give you post size snapshots, you can use multiple posts, don't go sparing ATS bandwidth, just spill it and post it up. You have a character limit per post, not a post limit. The more text on the site, the better for ATS, thats why they dont like one liners. Try not to limit yourself, you may miss important detail.

Just a vote of moral support.

-Prote

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Not only were my dreams affected, my everyday life starting getting pretty interesting as well. Synchronicities/Miracles became a matter of course. Here is an example:

After the dreams began I decided to join a church. My background was Lutheran and when I looked up churches in my area I found that there weren’t any Lutheran churches close by. My sister (the middle sister) suggested going to a Southern Baptist church instead, she attended one and said that she was much happier there. She also suggested choosing the Baptist church by checking the parking lot during a service and seeing how many Mercedes were in the lot. (My sister will never change I guess) Well, the gospel is the gospel so I thought there couldn’t be too much of a difference so I went to the church located the closest to my home, a Southern Baptist church as it turned out. (No, I did not check the lot).

The Sunday school class I was directed to was the singles class and when I went in there were about 20 people there. I was wearing a classic black skirt and jacket, nice office attire style, thought it’d be okay for church. What I didn’t realize was that with my red-gold hair half way down my back it could be perceived as a little witchy looking. As we took our seats in semi-circle rows facing a small lectern we were handed a small booklet to use as a lesson guide. A young man stepped up to the lectern and directed us to turn to lesson # (I don’t remember the #) and then he read the scripture located at the top of the page.

After reading the scripture he asked if there were any questions. Raising my hand I asked a question. (It was a pretty vanilla Bible question, nothing controversial at all). The teacher reacted with a cough, hmmmm, well I don’t know, you’re supposed to ask questions in the lesson. (I thought maybe he was new to teaching and I had gone a little over his head). He picked someone else to ask a question and he answered it pretty well I thought. Okay, thinking that maybe if I rephrased my question he would answer it I again raised my hand. (Keep in mind that I was used to the totally open head to head debating of the Lutheran church, all questions were discussed and it was rare that anyone could stump Pastor Lien. Dan Rather was a member of our Lutheran church and he could never win a debate with him, though he spent many years trying.)

Asking my newly rephrased question he responded by calling the class to prayer, the devil was trying to disrupt this class and that they should not allow it, the Lord will drive the devil out. Everyone stood and formed a circle (myself included, I did not know what was happening) and the teacher went into the best Swaggart impersonation I have ever seen. I was sure that any demon thereabouts was long gone by the time we said Amen. The class over we headed to the church for the service. In the hallway a young woman from our class was talking very loud to two other women. She was telling them that I was the devil the teacher had been praying about and good riddance, hope she/me doesn’t come back.

Upset, red-faced I left the building and went outside for a cigarette (I had quit smoking but still on occasion I would have one, not often though). An older man was outside smoking and I went over to stand next to him. He saw that I was upset and asked me what had happened. As I told him he started laughing and said that he couldn’t believe that they were still using those lesson books. He explained how it worked: Teacher reads lesson scripture, class looks at book and sees three questions written out for them to ask. Three people in the class ask the written questions, teacher looks in his book, finds the answer written below the question and he reads the answer out to the class. “There is no discussion”, the nice man said. “Just consider them baby christians, they meant no harm, they just don’t know any better, with time they’ll move up to the older classes where lesson books are not used.” He was very kind and even went so far as to ask the pastor permission for me to join a different class. The pastor felt that the categories should be followed and as I was single I should remain in that class.

So, still upset (even though I was assured that it was a mistake) I went home to pray. My prayers were for God to let me know if I were really a devil, or under the influence in anyway of the devil. Why would they have treated me so badly, maybe they were right about me, all kinds of doubts about myself went up in some very intense prayers. I asked God for a sign, a very clear sign on what the situation really was.

That afternoon a friend stopped by and invited me to go to the flea market with him, one of my favorite hobbies. I was still pretty shaken but he talked me into it. The market he took me to was a small one that I had never been to before, out in the Hill country a ways. Going through the rows of stands took my mind off of the morning and after awhile I started feeling myself again. When he saw that I was feeling better he asked what had happened to get me so down earlier. Stopping midway in a row of stands I told him about my morning. One of the vendors close by joined our conversation and insisted that I should go to his church. Writing down the name and address he explained that the following weekend they were having a revival there.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Next Sunday I was pulling up to the address the vendor had given me. (This time I had decided to wear a sky blue sundress, I’ll never wear black to church again, not even for a funeral) It was Pentecostal and I could hear music coming from the church. Pulling into the field where everyone was parking an older black gentleman waved me into a row. Getting out and thanking him I headed for the church and was really getting into revival mode.

Stepping into the foyer of the church I stopped dead in my tracks looking at the two huge wooden doors leading into the main church. Out of the blue a very strong feeling had come over me, very warm and loving, intelligent and intense. I knew that I had to go to my friend’s car lot (the friend who took me to the flea market) and pick up one of his workers who lived on the lot in a small supply building. Just totally out of the blue, no explanation, just that I had to go get him. Going out to the field I saw that my car was parked in, they had put the cars one up against the other to make more room for the revival guests. The black gentleman who had helped me park came over and I explained that I had to go get a friend. He argued for a minute but then he asked if it was the Holy Spirit directing me? I said that I believed so. He and a couple of other men moved the cars and one of them told me that the black gentleman was the preacher of the church.

At the car lot I found Juan (not his real name) stepping out of his little building carrying a couple of six packs. Juan was living at the lot due to the three Maria s kicking him out of his home. (His wife was named Maria, her Mother was named Maria and her cousin was named Maria). He had been drinking too much and Maria his wife had caught him with another woman, all the Maria s had agreed that he should leave and that Maria would not divorce him ever, they had been married in a Catholic ceremony. With the 3 Marias’ verdict Juan had moved into the supply shed.

Juan told me that his girlfriend was picking him up and that they were going to Zilker park to listen to the bands. I asked him if he would get his guitar (he’s a very talented musician) and come with me to the revival instead. I told him about how there would be music all day and into the evening and that they would probably want him to play there and with that he started coming around to the idea. We left together just as his girlfriend pulled up in her camaro, small shouting match between the two, and then we headed for the church.

As I turned onto 51st street Juan started to look and act nervous. He asked me what church we were going to and I told him. He turned as white as a sheet and asked how I knew that his family were members of that church. I was floored, I had no idea he was Pentecostal, I thought he was Catholic. He said that his wife’s family is Catholic, but that his is Pentecostal and that he had been estranged from them for several years, that he was the black sheep of the family. He went on to say that his brothers would kill him if he showed up there. Convincing him that something special was happening he reluctantly went into the church.

A woman in the foyer greeted us and when she heard Juan’s name she started praising God, pronouncing a miracle. She explained that Juan’s mother was very sick and that she had been praying to God since dawn in the front pew of the church asking to see her lost sheep son one more time before she died. Juan had not known she was so ill and he walked down the center aisle to a little old lady in a wheelchair, there was an oxygen bottle attached to the chair. It was a very moving moment and the whole congregation was told what was happening. Everyone started praising God for the miracle and the singers started up.

The woman who had greeted us asked me to come with her to the back of the church, she had a few questions for me. Leading me down the aisle she went up to the two large wooden doors, shut them and then she threw the large wooden bolt across them, we were locked in the church. Turning to face me she quoted a scripture from the Bible. “Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.” Others started gathering around us as she took my arm and said that she wouldn’t let go, that I was an angel and that there were many people here who needed a miracle.

Caught totally by surprise I tried to explain what had happened, that I wasn’t an angel, that I was as amazed by the miracle as they were. She said that I could not leave as long as she was holding my arm (I think she had angels mixed up with leprechauns) and that there was no doubt in her mind that I was an angel. By now I was catching on to what God had arranged here, two miracles in one.

After awhile I finally did convince them (I showed them the pack of cigarettes in my purse, no angel would smoke, would they?) and was released from her hold and the door was unlocked. They extended an invitation for me to join their church along with all their prayer groups, study groups, etc.

That evening my prayers were thankful and joyful. I had learned many things from this event and I’ll leave it with you to do the same.

Side Note: Looking back on it now, God’s humor would easily outdo the reality show “Punk’d”. I’m sure all the real angels were laughing as they saw me first being accused of being a devil followed by my angelic imprisonment. And all the while I was totally unaware of the scenario until the last line.

More to follow in a day or two,

STM

[edit on 8-11-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hi,

Sorry it took so long to post, writing about myself is one of my least favorite things to do.

These next few posts are examples of how my life changed and also some unusual events that occurred during the late ‘80s. I’m eager to get to the more interesting posts which are with the Old Man, but these events have to be included for better understanding of what occurred with him. Have to say that writing about myself gets pretty old so the bundling of these events are for me as well as for you. They have been pared down as much as I was able to, hope they’re readable.

As I’m writing this I am listening to the music that I was constantly playing during that time to help me get back to all the moments highlighted in this post. During that time I started applying a spiritual context to all the music that I listened to, even the Who’s “See Me, Feel Me / Listening to You” took on new meaning along with Peter Gabriel’s “In Your Eyes”, Olivia Newton John’s “Magic” and of course the classic “Solsbury Hill”. These were my favorites although I also listened to all the big names of the 80s.

My home life was in a steady routine with some interesting changes which blended in so well that at first I did not even realize they were happening. Here is an example: Would come home from work and bake a chicken. Serve chicken with roast potatoes with butter and a glass of milk for dinner. Next day would have a friend over for dinner, would take chicken out of the frig, roast some more potatoes, put lots of butter on them, make salad, pour a big glass of milk for us. Next day would check frig for leftovers, would take chicken out, cook some pasta with butter and parmesan, big glass of milk. Next day would take chicken out, cook some more pasta with butter, salad, big glass of milk. This went on for a couple more days until I couldn’t even think of eating chicken one more time. I gave the almost full platter of chicken (minus the bones) to my dogs. Still had plenty of butter, though the wrapping was crinkled and also the milk container was still 3/4s full.

Also, marriage proposals and stalkers started coming out of the woodwork. If I recall correctly I had 14 marriage proposals during this time. At first I thought they were joking, I had never thought of myself as beautiful, at best I was pretty. Wherever I was, no matter how little make-up, (I’m not really into make-up) perfect strangers would say hello and after talking a bit they would ask me to marry them.

Some left notes on my windshield; others would follow me home from work (a reprographics company I was managing) and tackle me when I opened my door. (Don’t worry I held my own). Others would show up loaded down with jewelry, champagne and promises of a great rich life. One turned down admirer signed up for grieving classes at the advice of his minister and he also wrote a song that he sent to Willie Nelson via a friend who knew Willie (am Not kidding).

I asked a good friend of mine, a scholarly type and who was gay, what he thought was going on with all these proposals? He said that I was an archetype of the perfect spouse. He tried to explain it to me but I didn’t understand the terms he was using, I had never heard of Carl Jung, and actually my own guess on this was that inner beauty makes you beautiful and what is more beautiful than the Holy Spirit.

STM

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There was a bookstore across the street from one of my friend’s car lot and I walked over one day to see what it offered. Entering I was overpowered by the incense they were burning behind the counter. It had a coffee counter and all kinds of crystal jewelry on display in the front area. Going through to the back I found the books I wanted (Carl Jung) and heading for the front I noticed a bulletin board with all kinds of colorful notices. One was offering a Harmonic Convergence gathering for that week. (I had heard a little about this event on the news) It looked interesting to me and it was offering a get together for people to pray and meditate on the rainbow of the new age and peace was the main theme (something like that).

A couple of days later, paid voucher in hand for $20 I headed to a room in the back of the bookstore. Inside there were huge floor cushions in rows facing a small central area with a crate draped with Indian material, perched on top was a huge amethyst crystal. Next to it was a brass platter with a wide engraved lip, the designs had lots of stars and goats heads, next to it was a matching pitcher. (was rethinking the whole thing at this point). Starting to back peddle out of there a little old lady and her husband blocked the door as they were being greeted by the hostess of the meeting. The hostess was wearing a caftan sort of thing and her neck was loaded down with medallion necklaces. Overhearing their conversation and how peaceful the description was I decided that I had been over-reacting and choosing a floor pillow close to the door I took a seat.

By now there were about 40 or more people there and the hostess introduced herself to everyone “Hi, just call me Diane” and then introduced us to her crystal, “Merlin”. The intro covered what the Harmonic Convergence was, and that we would all be led through some exercises to ready us for the initiation into the new age of spiritual growth. She asked that no one leave the room now that the meeting had started, it would disturb everyone’s meditation.

We started with some visualization meditation, all peaceful beaches, rainbows, unicorns and glades, etc, etc. Then when everyone was pretty much under she switched modes to picture a door, a door that has everything you will ever need behind it, when you pass through this door you will be a new spirit, and you will be greeted by helpers who will guide you within this new realm, but do not pass through this door yet, first the initiation and then we will all pass through together.

Looking around I saw that everyone was in a trance, she talked to her crystal for a moment and nodding as though she had received a reply that only she could hear she took a small leather pouch covered with odd designs and poured some sunflower seeds onto the platter. Handing the platter to the front row to pass around she instructed everyone to take one seed from the platter and then she went over to the pitcher and poured a little water in some tiny dixie cups. She had a wand of some sort in her hand, (sorry, I don’t remember its name) and she waved it over the cups mumbling something. She took the tray of dixie cups and offered one to each of us, instructing us to hold the seed on our tongue until we received the cup and then we should drink the water as we inwardly welcome the spirit of the new age into us.

I watched as all these people took the cups without question, couldn’t believe it, they were like sheep and I kept waiting for at least one of them to turn it down. When she came to me I took the cup and just held it, not for one second intending to drink it and the seed was still in my other hand. She stood in front of me and told me to drink, that this was the initiation.

At that moment strong arms lifted me to my feet though you couldn’t see anyone lifting me, (she definitely couldn’t either) and then she got a crazy, mean look in her eye, not peaceful at all. “You can’t leave, I thought I made that clear at the beginning”. Now the invisible persons were half pulling me, half carrying me to the door moving fast and she followed having a fit (thought she didn’t want to disrupt the meditations, I wasn’t, but she sure was with her red-eyed rant).

Outside the room at last, the invisible arms let go of me and I headed for the door. As I passed the counter I told the cashier that the peaceful meditation was actually witchcraft and that all the people were under and incapable of knowing what they were doing. She told me that the owner of the store had leased the room to Diane and that the owner had interviewed her carefully before leasing it to her, but that she would pass the message along to the owner (I had given her all the details).

A couple of months later I went back to the book store to browse for a book. They had a great religion section. The same cashier was there and I asked about Diane. She thanked me for letting them know, they had had no idea that the room was being used that way. The owner had cancelled the meetings and the lease soon after a second interview with Diane and she and the owner weren’t surprised when they saw an ad in the paper not long after advertising Witchcraft Classes by Diane.

STM

[edit on 21-11-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
One other incident happened in this store a month or two later. I was browsing again and saw some people standing in line outside the door of that very same room. Curious I asked the cashier what was going on? She told me that a famous psychic was visiting and for $20 you get a 15 minute reading from him. Still browsing I wasn’t even considering it but as I listened to the people’s comments as they left their readings and asking a few how accurate he was I decided to give it a try. I was assured there was no witchcraft or weird stuff going on.

Going in I shook hands with him and took a seat. Turns out that he channels spirits and I was shocked to suddenly see his face transformed with a faint overlay of a different face, and his voice changing into some sort of heavy brogue. During the reading he kept looking not at me but instead just above my right shoulder as though he saw someone there. He started sweating and was getting nervous, frightened really, and he just kept saying, “You really don’t know who you are and what you’re going to do? That’s incredible, so you really don’t know? (Well of course I knew who I was, but I just wanted to hear the future).

Finally I said, “You’re the psychic, you tell me!” “You really don’t know do you? Amazing” Sweat was pouring down his face by now and just five to ten minutes into the reading, still looking above my shoulder he stood up and said he was leaving. “Wait I said, it hasn’t been 15 minutes”. He said that he had to leave NOW, that the reading was over and ran out of the room. Following him out, past the lady next to the door with his cash box, past the line of customers I watched him run out the front door, jump in a car and drive off. And when I say run, I mean he had been running flat out.

Heading back to the room to get my purse I received a frosty reception from his fan club at the door to the room. They wanted to know what I had done to him; he had never left a reading like that before. Telling them what happened they were still pretty upset with me and I left the store, but not before looking up the one thing he did say, he said that I was indigo. (He was selling his book which put everyone in a color category and after the reading you were supposed to buy the book and look up your color and read his definition of what it meant). I wanted to see how he would categorize me.

Going to the indigo section of the book it read as follows, A person so stubborn in their beliefs that they will have to be removed from this planet for the over-all benefit of the people who remain and are reaching for spiritual perfection. When the day comes when all the indigos are removed this will be a sign to you that the beginning of 1000 years of peace on earth has begun.” Hmmmm. I read on and it said that the place we would be sent to was a planet where we would be rehabilitated in our beliefs, and that it was a horrid place, kept under guard to keep us from spreading our wrong beliefs to other worlds. Sounded to me as though he had it backwards and with that I headed home and went into really deep prayer thanking God for protecting me and for running him out of there.

Note: The definition was the psychic’s own and does not match the definition of indigo today.

On the lighter side,

Next one up, bingo. One of my favorite games, every time I needed money for gifts or for some other non-me need there it would be. One of my friends enjoyed it also and after I had won $1600 one night (just the amount I needed) he asked me to show him how I did it. I called the woman over selling scratch tickets and purchased 2. Holding them both up I told him to pick one and I’d show him how it’s done. Picking one he scratched it and did not win anything, and then as I scratched mine off I said “pay attention, this is how it works”, I won $60. Its knowing it without any doubt (usually only works when it is for others) way of thinking (knowing). Hard to explain the mindframe for this.

STM

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Next up, Intense:

One of my friends (the one with the car lot) had put together a humanitarian aid convoy to Central America and he needed drivers for some of the trucks. He was delivering refrigeration equipment, air compressors, tools, etc. to a friend in Honduras who would disperse it to people in need. Most of the items were capable of providing the tools needed for a livelihood; enjoying travel and adventure I volunteered.

As we traveled across Mexico and Guatemala we would try to stop in the larger towns for breaks. I liked to visit the oldest church or basilica I could find and would explore the church and ask the Padre for a tour of any relics they kept. You would be amazed at the things they keep under those churches. Sometimes it was absolutely surreal, one Padre told me of a saint’s life as he held the saint’s skull up above his head as a light from the ceiling shown down on them.

Before leaving the church I would then ask the resident Padre for a blessing, (I collect blessings) and with a proper donation for the poor box the Padre would happily oblige me. One time a few people praying in the church heard their Padre launch into his blessings and burst out laughing, seems he was getting a little carried away and he continued with his incredible list for about 15 minutes. Afterwards he took his knotted rope prayer belt from his robe and gave it to me as an added blessing, it had something to do with me marrying and having many, many children.

All along the route we had hired off-duty federales to escort us for protection from bandits and it had worked until we headed into Honduras. After the last blessing I described above we were driving through the mountains close to the Honduran border and we stopped at a small town for dinner. Knowing we had to reach the border before dark (many trucks down there drive with burnt out headlights, sometimes they would put a little boy on the hood with a flashlight to guide them and also there were huge potholes and an occasional drunk Mayan who would crawl out of the jungle (earlier in our route) and pass out on the pavement preferring its dry warmth to the cold, wet dirt of the jungle) we finished our meal quickly and headed for the trucks.

The armed escort waved us on and said that they were going to have another Corona and said that it was no problem, we would be fine. Knowing that there was no hotel in that town we headed on to beat the night. Climbing a high pass on a two way highway, one lane each way, no shoulder, rock cliff on one side, thousands of feet drop-off on the other I noticed headlights coming up behind me. My truck was the last in the convoy and I had it in second to climb the steep pass, loaded down with equipment my speed was about 20 mph. It was twilight and when we went into the shadow of the cliff it was much darker. The headlights came up to my rear bumper and started blowing an air horn and I could hear yelling and high pitched trilling. It pulled up next to my window and suddenly I was blinded with an airplane light, one of those huge spotlights that hunters use.

At this point I realized they weren’t trying to pass me and then I heard them yelling in English for me to pull over. Realizing now what I was facing I gunned it but they easily kept pace with me and there was no traffic from the other direction to force them over. The light still blinding me I moved my sun visor over to the side and got my ability to see back. The rest of the convoy did not stop (none of us were armed) and then at the highest point of the pass the bandits pulled far ahead of me and parked across the two lanes. They were in a red Toyota 4x4 and the truck bed had several men waving automatics yelling and whooping up a storm.

As I pulled closer I saw that two men had jumped out of the cab to stand in the narrow stretch of road that their truck hadn’t blocked and were waving guns and gesturing for me to stop. Knowing that I would have to run over the two men to make it through I started slowing, at that moment a woman’s voice yelled in my right ear, “Don’t stop, keep going!” Then there was a flash of light and for just a split second the whole mountain was lit up. Everything started moving in slow motion at this point and it is etched in my memory. I was about up to the bandits now and I saw that the men in back were trying to get out of the bed of the truck but their feet seemed to be stuck, they were holding the edge of the bed trying to pull themselves free, looking down at their feet in amazement. The two men standing in the gap on the road were yelling at them to hurry, move it, in Spanish.

The two men, now realizing they were alone in this held up their guns and pointed them at me and then started cursing when they realized their guns didn’t work. I was on top of them now and about to stop but the voice yelled again, “Don’t stop, keep going!” I gunned it. They jumped out of the gap just as I went through and just around the bend the convoy was waiting for me.

Pulling into the town on the border of Guatemala and Honduras we all went to the first cantina we saw and had several Coronas to help stop the shaking that had set in. The patrons there told us about the bandits and what they usually did to their victims; I won’t go into that here. They also explained that the bandits had a spy in that town who watched for good hauls and would then bribe the escorts. The federales we had hired had evidently taken their offer. The Coronas effect setting in we all headed over to the Basilica of the Black Madonna just across the street. We were on our knees for a long, long time.

That's it on myself for awhile, now I can get back to Tom and his lessons, finally!

STM

[edit on 21-11-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The lessons with Tom continued,

I woke up in a huge white and crystal room, the air was sparkling with prism effect and the light source for the effect though unseen was diffuse and filled the room. The walls were white with large windows on two sides of the room and there was no ceiling, instead there was a white cloudy prismatic effect. The room was filled with desk size tables made of stone (white marble?), matching benches fronted them and on each table there was a crystalline cylinder resting horizontally on brackets. Several people were seated at desks in front of spinning cylinders and there was a shining something parallel to their faces.

Seated at one of the tables looking around I saw that Tom was standing behind me. Same Tom though this time he was wearing a white robe. He explained that this lesson was to show me The Word of God and to give me a better understanding of it. He said that each facet on the cylinder had a different aspect of God’s Word on it. (Not really facets, the cylinder seemed round and smooth but yet when you looked closer you could see the facets, difficult to describe, it was both smooth and with facets)

One facet had the written Word engraved on it, another the mathematical equivalent, another the musical equivalent, (the tones, the frequencies), another the reality of it (how it felt) and is alive, another the truth of it as testified by God, and another the returning of it which Tom felt was the most important aspect. There was one more facet and I can’t remember exactly what it was, don’t quote me, it was the witnessing of The Word in action, witnesses to God’s love for us, faith in his word. After all the definitions he had told me they all blended together in my mind, it is difficult to separate them again, especially after what he did next.

Leaning over, Tom spun the cylinder and all the aspects blended and there was a chord-like hum that went straight to my soul and the engraved word rose up from the cylinder and floated in front of me like a living word carved out of living diamond. He quoted from John as the cylinder continued to spin and his quoted words seemed to have an effect on The Word and it seemed as if all that ever was or ever will be was in The Word, you, me, Tom, everything and it was more real than anything we have ever heard or seen or felt.

Watching eternity I was overcome and joined Tom in praises, the Gloria (I didn't even know the words to the Gloria, the words just came to me), and I never wanted my visit to end. I stayed a good while and Tom moved over to the next desk and spoke with the person seated there who was also overcome by The Word. Later I woke up in my bed and could still hear the chords as I drifted off into a wonderful sleep thanking God.

STM

[edit on 22-11-2006 by seentoomuch]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join