It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walk With an Angel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This thread is the full account of my relationship with a very extraordinary person, and the name I use for him is “The Old Man”. For brevity’s sake I will use “Tom” in my posts.

Tom has been intertwined in my life as far back as I can remember. Always a smile, always a story, always a lesson filled with knowledge, wisdom, humor and a few surprises. I realize that you’ll want to jump in yelling “new age” mumbo jumbo immediately, but I request that you reserve your judgment until I have time to post several accounts to give you a clearer picture. I know his beliefs though he didn’t preach them to me, he showed me always by example, and I will share these with you.

Some of these examples have already been posted on another thread. When it is their turn in the sequence I’ll see if I can repost them here.

Highest regards,

STM

Physical Description of The Old Man: Around 45 years old, 6’ tall, reddish hair with some salt and pepper in it, a bit of a beard and moustache, very tanned in the face, strong Roman nose, wears a faded red robe with a rope belt, wears sandals.

Admin Edit: Changed title per the request of the OP

[edit on 11-3-2006 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
As a baby still in a crib I recall seeing a face looking down at me and soothing me if I was upset. It was not my parents’ faces; it was someone I had known from before my birth. As a infant I used to have conversations with him without the benefit of speaking. It was all through mind/thought transference. I mainly remember arguing with him about my wanting to go home, that I didn’t like the indignity of it all, I was miserable, no one could understand me except him, etc. The home I was referring to is difficult to describe, it was a place filled with light, love, witnessing unending creating and helping with it. Very different to what I was now living, I felt trapped, walled-in, cut-off in my infant body.

His answer would always be, have patience, you’ll grow and then it will be much easier for you, you won’t be alone I’ll stay with you always. And he did; as I grew he would visit me most evenings walking through the wall; and sitting on the edge of my bed, would tell me stories. They were always interesting, colorful and made me laugh, fables were his specialty and he was very clever with his telling.

Throughout my childhood he intervened many times to help me out of difficult situations. My two older sisters were a real work of art and tormented me as all older sisters do, which kept him busy. Here are a couple of examples:

Once when I was about 3 they locked me in an old wooden shed where they had found some bones of a possum or something. I heard them laughing as they threw the bolt across the door and their laughter fading as they headed back towards the house. After yelling for awhile I realized that they weren’t coming back. Terrified of the dark space I noticed a few shafts of light coming through the crevices between the wall boards. The shafts were lighting the bones of the animal, its skull was vicious looking. I went back to the door throwing my body against it which didn’t work.

A movement in the rear of the shed caught my attention and I turned around to see Tom standing there. He told me not to fear, that it was only a small animal that had become trapped in the shed and had died. He gave me a big hug and we sat down on the floor to talk. He went over all the parts of the possum explaining its skeleton to me and telling me that I had a skeleton in me too, it was my first biology lesson. Two hours later (just a guess) I heard my mother calling me and I ran to the door yelling to let her know where I was. Tom left as she unbolted the door and we went home.

Another example of his intervention was the time my two sisters convinced me that it was safe to pick up wasps, that they were butterflies. I refused, I was sure I had been told to stay away from them, but my sisters persisted with their story that they were nice and liked to be picked up. So I did. (I was about 2 years old) Putting my little forefinger up to where one was perched I was thrilled when it climbed onto my finger, tickling me a bit. I touched its wings and called it a pretty butterfly and then reached over for another one for my other hand. It climbed up too. My mother was walking over and saw the “butterflies” on my hands and they flew off just as she reached me. Grabbing me by my hand swearing to break a hairbrush on my two sisters, she pulled me towards the house, but not before I had a glimpse of the old man smiling and waving to me from the edge of the woods. To this day my older sister (the main culprit) cannot be within 20 ft. of a wasp. They always, always go out of their way to sting her.

He continued to visit me up until I was about six or seven, after that I don’t recall any visits from him until many years later.

Best regards,

STM

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
When I was nineteen my husband and I went tubing with some friends on the Guadulupe river in Texas. It was late Spring and the river was still running high. I was 7 months pregnant and I planned just to tube the calmer parts of the river, no rapids. We were with my brother-in-law and his wife. She kept complaining about everything, it was driving me nuts, I mean, yes, there are bugs at the campsite, yes, you have to use a public bathroom, no Connie, all the cabins were booked. I really looked forward to getting our tubes and zenning out on the currents.

We picked up our truck tire tubes from the tube rental and rode the shuttle to the drop-off point upriver. In the “The River Rat” store there we loaded up on essentials (oreos, cokes, candy, ziplocs) and were told that they were out of river maps. I was concerned about that and asked them where the rapids were and where I should get out to avoid them. They drew it out for me and I ziplocked it.

The store had kayaks out front where we got in our tubes. Turns out that all the employees of “the river rat” were expert river rats who rescued people stuck out in the rapids. Made me a little nervous, but the river looked very calm and they assured me that it would be okay.

We loved it, it was beautiful, cliffs on all sides with trees and campsites with stereos on full tilt, people swinging out on ropes tied to trees and doing the rebel yell, sausage on a stick stands on the shore that you could paddle up to and pick up lunch. The tubes we had picked were enormous and the tiny rapids we went through were a breeze, even Connie relaxed a little and had a good time.

After a couple of hours we hooked up with some other tubers and I noticed that they were getting excited about what was coming up. The river was very calm there and we were in the center, it didn’t seem a problem. I showed them my map and they said that my stopping point was right now, and I should start paddling for the shore. A low rumble caught my attention as I was paddling and it grew louder and louder. The current had me and I couldn’t get to shore and now I realized that a huge rapids was coming up, maybe even a waterfall across the width of the river. My husband was way ahead of me and couldn’t paddle back to where I was, I waved him on and lined myself up with some other tubers, they said to keep to the center of the rapids as much as I could, it was rough they said.

I shot over the edge of the waterfall, in the center, and as thousands of pounds of white water pushed me down I stilled myself, thinking just stay in the middle, I’ll glide through like the others had ahead of me. The drop-off was several feet and I was sucked down into a fold of the water, down below the rapids, under the waterfall and still in that fold of water going deeper, under the shelf of rock of the waterfall and into a small cave, like a huge indention in the rock, rock over my head. The current had me pinned and I knew not to fight it, sort of like a undertow, it would release me given time. I had held my breath but how long would it take, which would be longer? My tube was pinned a foot or so away from me. It was semi-dark but I could see shafts of light and white foamy water at the entrance illuminating into the cave a bit, I thought of my baby and at that moment I realized that I wasn’t alone.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
To my side, about 5 feet away from me the shafts of light illuminated a man. He was dressed in a dark brown or maybe rusty red monks robe, I think he even had a cowl on it but did not have it over his head, there was a rope belt, and the folds of his robe and sleeves were waving in the water. He held up his hands and told me (voice was low, booming, tri-chord and I think it was telepathic, had to be given that he was under water) “Do Not Fear”, and all my worries were gone.

He looked familiar to me and I suddenly remembered him from when I was a very small child. I remembered everything, I remembered arguing with him when I was 1 or so about my wanting to go home, he always convinced me to give it a go and stay, I remembered all the stories he had told me to help me go to sleep (they always had a moral to the story), I remembered what he did with the wasps when my sisters told me they were butterflies and to pick them up, I did and I wasn’t stung. I suddenly remembered it all, and I was thrilled that he was back.

My lungs were full of air again, and he told me to roll myself up into a ball, that I was going to be released in a moment. It was tough, but I managed to put my arms around my knees, and when I looked up at him, he smiled, and I shot through the curtain of the waterfall, through a channel of rocks and then straight up and out. I shot up through the surface of the water and shot out about 10ft. above it, my tube shot out next to me.

My husband was way, way down river, trying to get to shore. When he saw me he started trying to paddle back, fighting the current. I waved him on, telling him not to try, I would catch up with him. When I did I told him about it, and that I and the baby were fine. He said that I was down there for 3 or 4 minutes. They thought I had drowned and the others were headed to get help. (No cell phones at that time).

Note: The next day a young man (21 years) was trapped and drowned in the same cave. Red Cross and the river rat kayakers were there, my husband and I watched them pull his body out with ropes, I kept wondering why not him, why wasn’t he saved like I was? It really shook me up, and I could find no reason for it.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thank you for those stories! How wonderful that you have a guardian angel (or some-such loving caretaker...) - mysterious things in this life that sustain it all, huh?

I bet he had been there all along, every day of your life - you may not have perceived him but I would bet my life he has not ever, even once, left your side!

And what about these days, now? How is it with your 'Tom'?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
How beautiful!!!

I'd love to have Tom by my side anytime!!! I wish i saw my guardian angel!

Thanks for the beautiful story.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hello STM,

Can you elaborate at all on the hills lesson with regard to time. I'm keen to know more about the dimensional aspect.

How many "Lessons" can you remember?

Over how many years, in your adult life, have you seen him?

How often do you get a "Lesson".

Thanks
-Prote

EDIT: Added Q

[edit on 23/10/06 by Prote]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

And what about these days, now? How is it with your 'Tom'?

He still here keeping an eye on things, more stories will follow, hope you enjoy them.

Highest regards, STM

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
How beautiful!!!

I'd love to have Tom by my side anytime!!! I wish i saw my guardian angel!

Thanks for the beautiful story.

Your welcome, glad you enjoyed it,

Highest regards,

STM

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Hello STM,

1. Can you elaborate at all on the hills lesson with regard to time. I'm keen to know more about the dimensional aspect.
2. How many "Lessons" can you remember?
3. Over how many years, in your adult life, have you seen him?
4. How often do you get a "Lesson".

Thanks
-Prote

1. Will be getting to those soon. I'm following the lessons in sequential order;
2. Many, they're hard to forget;
3. 1 - 7, 19 - 46;
4. Once or twice a year, with some years skipped.

Looking forward to your reaction and your posts,

Highest regards,

STM

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Around 45 years old, 6’ tall,

OLD MAN HUH? I resemble that remark.

" never regret growing old. It is a privlage denied many." Native American Proverb.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I guess this would make me OLD to..............I don't feel that old but sheesh.......
I feel like a lameO oldie because I have no grand lessons to share with any chosen youth...I can not even teach my son to wash a poroper load of dishes...

(I love SPAM)

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I posted the bottom in your other thread:

hey STM I just ran into this thread and i loved the real life event you told us. I unfortunately haven't experienced any memories of abductions. All I've delt with is GOD saving me from harm. I'm a WAR veteran that has been out since beginnings of 2005. I was in IRAQ and came close to getting killes numerous times but didn't. Then 2 weeks ago I almost got hit by a drunk driver as I was crossing the street. I really don't know what to make of this but somebody is looking after me.

Keep up the stories I'm hooked at them and would like to keep reading. Thanks

Do you think maybe i have a Tom in my life too but haven't seen him or is it more of a guardian angel??

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Not trying to hijack the thread, but what do you guys think of imaginary friends? I had one when I was a kid....and she was as real to me as anyone. I could see her, talk to her...listen to her...all of it! But nobody eles could see her, and my sisiter teased me because she thought I was nuts.

It could have been my guardian angel ......couldn't it of?

**edit to add
Lots, and lots of children have imaginary friends. I think maybe theres something too that.

[edit on 10/24/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

Around 45 years old, 6’ tall,

OLD MAN HUH? I resemble that remark.

" never regret growing old. It is a privlage denied many." Native American Proverb.

Oops! I left out why I call him the Old Man. I was very young and he was to me, at that time, an Old Man; now that I'm 45 he looks to be about my age and not old at all. "The Old Man" just kinda stuck.

Love the proverb you chose,

Highest regards,

STM

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I guess this would make me OLD to..............I don't feel that old but sheesh.......
I feel like a lameO oldie because I have no grand lessons to share with any chosen youth...I can not even teach my son to wash a poroper load of dishes...

Hi TRG!

Sorry I left out the name info. in my posts, I've put it in my response to SW.

My grandmother told me that we're thirty forever, in our minds.

Highest regards,

STM

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvosky

I posted the bottom in your other thread:

hey STM I just ran into this thread and i loved the real life event you told us. I unfortunately haven't experienced any memories of abductions. All I've delt with is GOD saving me from harm. I'm a WAR veteran that has been out since beginnings of 2005. I was in IRAQ and came close to getting killes numerous times but didn't. Then 2 weeks ago I almost got hit by a drunk driver as I was crossing the street. I really don't know what to make of this but somebody is looking after me.

Keep up the stories I'm hooked at them and would like to keep reading. Thanks

Do you think maybe i have a Tom in my life too but haven't seen him or is it more of a guardian angel??

Thanks for your service, ya'll are so brave and I'm sure everyone here would love to hear about your experiences in Iraq and your faith in God. Consider this an invite to post on the Old Man thread any you would like to share, and maybe if you would like, would you consider starting a thread in the this section of BTS? I'm positive it would be very popular.

It sure sounds like you have an angel or someone watching over you, and that you kept him really busy too. Are you out of the service for good?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Very Highest regards, STM

[edit on 25-10-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Not trying to hijack the thread, but what do you guys think of imaginary friends? I had one when I was a kid....and she was as real to me as anyone. I could see her, talk to her...listen to her...all of it! But nobody eles could see her, and my sisiter teased me because she thought I was nuts.

It could have been my guardian angel ......couldn't it of?

**edit to add
Lots, and lots of children have imaginary friends. I think maybe theres something too that.

[edit on 10/24/2006 by jensouth31]

Hi JS!

You're right, lots, and lots of children have imaginary friends. I've always wondered if they had their own version of Tom? Would you consider comparing notes on this subject with me? Like, what did ya'll talk about, what did your friend look like, etc. It would be fascinating to compare. And no, I don't think it would be hi-jacking this thread, it seems relevant to me.

Thanks for the great theory,

Highest regards,

STM

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
My grandmother told me that we're thirty forever, in our minds.
STM

I believe your Grandmother was right.....she sounds very wise

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Hi JS!

You're right, lots, and lots of children have imaginary friends. I've always wondered if they had their own version of Tom? Would you consider comparing notes on this subject with me? Like, what did ya'll talk about, what did your friend look like, etc. It would be fascinating to compare. And no, I don't think it would be hi-jacking this thread, it seems relevant to me.

Thanks for the great theory

Wow...going back 35 or 36 years ago....lol
I don't remember what we talked about? My friend was a little girl like me, and she wore a blue dress. We played house, and had tea parties and such, just things little girls do. Heres the thing that strikes me odd, some years later, and wondering if it/she was my guardian angel....that's the same time that a teenage boy who baby sat us was molesting me and my sister (older sister). Actually, he was my dad's youngest brother, so he was my uncle! I was 3 years old then, but she came and played with me everday, always in my bedroom, and nobody could see her but me.

My sister could come in the room, and I could see both of them clear as day, but my sister couldn't see her. Her name was Baboo...odd name I know. That's all I can really tell you, but still I wonder if she was there to take care of me?

Edit** To add this point.

My bedroom, also my sisters bedromm was the room my uncle always molested us in....hmmm that's the only place Baboo appeared to me.

[edit on 10/25/2006 by jensouth31]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join