It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you found out you won 2.5 million...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There's a wicked scam going around via emails you should be aware of;

www.joewein.de...

"FLASH FORTUNE LOTTO SOUTH AFRICA" is a "419" scam operated by criminals in South Africa. It is fake. No lottery by that name exists in South Africa. Fake winning notifications are mailed to thousands of recipients indiscriminately, in order to defraud them of bogus "processing fees".

FLASH FORTUNE LOTTERY

PLEASE, REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW:

(XXXXX)

SECOND QUARTER OF THE YEAR 2006

YOU ARE THE WINNER OF THE COMPUTER PROMOTIONAL DRAW
THIS MESSAGE IS FROM THE PROMOTION MANAGER, INTERNATIONAL
PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARD DEPARTMENT STALLION SA
YOU HAVE WON ON THE COMPUTER BALLOT, THE SUM OF US$ 2,950,000.00
PLEASE CONTACT

Do not be taken in by this...all they're after is a 'processing fee', after which you will get 'bupkiss'.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This has been going around for years, it's basically common sense really. Anything on the internet should be taken with a pinch of salt.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
This has been going around for years, it's basically common sense really. Anything on the internet should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:46:09 +0000

I just received this in my email this afternoon, so it's still very active.

Googled the lottery immediately and found out what it was toot sweet, but there's always somebody tempted to hit that 'contact' link.

Just making sure no-one in our membership gets taken in, Zanzibar.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I know you were! I sounded a bit scathing in my last post didn't I? Didn't mean to!

There are many more going around as well, the credit card ones, especially fake eBay ones.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
awwww, come on now. dont be so hard on the poor little scammers. they are a great source of entertainment when you are bored at work or have nothing better to do whilst your hair is drying.

have a read through a few of these and you will feel so much better about their place in the world!

scam
scams
even more scams

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I've got a lot of e-mails about winning some lottery, I think that one was in the Netherlands.

Anyway, I actually do have $50 million dollars, but sadly I can't deposit it in a U.S. bank, so if you'd kindly give me all your bank details, I'll deposit it in yours!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Heh...really, if you are dumb enough to fall for one of these scams, then you don't deserve the money you lost in the first place...especially if it is some person/award/bank in "Nigeria", "South Africa", or any country half way around the world where of course you can't get to, and of course the people there don't want anything to do with you, other than trying to take the money of the "dumb americans."

Even better, you can hit them back by sounding dumb and acting interested in the deal, wasting their scamming time, or possibly getting money from them if you can play it right...or when they send you some nice little picture of their family in Africa, respond with a bid on the "women" instead of the money. ala blues brothers "how much for the women. the little girl, how much for the little girl?"

You probably won't get anymore e-mails this way..

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Those 419 scammers are making a mint off of naive greedy people in the 100's of millions. These Nigerians are in Great Britain, Spain, Portugal and The Netherlands. Their little mafia is growing. Its best not to answer them at all.

This site is dedicated to messing with them and sometimes they even get money from them which they turn around and donate to childrens groups.

www.419eater.com...

new topics

top topics

join