It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beer fingerprints to go UK-wide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Knights what right do you have though to polute OUR air, not just your own, but the entire bars air with smoke?

I for one dont mind smokers since a lot of my family smoke but I wouldnt touch it with a twelve foot barge pole, that stuff does disgusting things to your insides and I want to actually have lungs and not breathe through a machine because I smoke.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Knights what right do you have though to polute OUR air, not just your own, but the entire bars air with smoke?

What right do YOU have to tell anyone what they can and cant do with their own establishments?

And I find it laughable that youre going on about "health and safety" in a friggin PUB. A place where alcohol, a drug more toxic to the body than heroin, is served. A place where binge drinking, vomiting, fighting, and hooking up with unknown sex partners is normal. Yeah, as we all know, pubs are a place where we expect salubrious atmospheres and good health. Get friggin real.

I for one dont mind smokers since a lot of my family smoke but I wouldnt touch it with a twelve foot barge pole, that stuff does disgusting things to your insides and I want to actually have lungs and not breathe through a machine because I smoke.

Then don't smoke. But can the holier than thou crap.

My mom is dying from lung disease. It is a horrid way to go. My grandma died from it to.

However, by far the worst way to go is from liver disease. Ever been around people dying from alcoholic disease or liver diseases? Its FAR worse than smoking, is slow, painful, and vile. You punk up your liver when you die. And because your liver is shot, you really are limited in painkillers.

Not to mention the numerous alcohol related deaths and injuries. You ever been to an emergency room on a friday or saturday night?

So.................lets ban alcohol too. Yeah, that willo take care of it.

Its all about personal choice and freewill.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
What right do YOU have to tell anyone what they can and cant do with their own establishments?

I have no right, the MAJORITY of the country does.

And I find it laughable that youre going on about "health and safety" in a friggin PUB. A place where alcohol, a drug more toxic to the body than heroin, is served. A place where binge drinking, vomiting, fighting, and hooking up with unknown sex partners is normal. Yeah, as we all know, pubs are a place where we expect salubrious atmospheres and good health. Get friggin real.

A no one forces you to drink a pint, no one forces you to binge drink, no one forces you to talk to the opposite sex...why the last issue is indeed an issue I dont understand but hey I'm just a kid right?
BUT if someone is smoking then YOU have to leave the establishment or damage yourself, I find it laughable you actually believe hurting another person should be legalised.

Then don't smoke. But can the holier than thou crap.

Holier than thou, get real, if I wanted that front I would not drink now would I?
Why should I breathe in smoke?

My mom is dying from lung disease. It is a horrid way to go. My grandma died from it to.

However, by far the worst way to go is from liver disease. Ever been around people dying from alcoholic disease or liver diseases? Its FAR worse than smoking, is slow, painful, and vile. You punk up your liver when you die. And because your liver is shot, you really are limited in painkillers.

Is it? I would say both are just as bad as each other but then again thats just from personal experience.
If your drinking alcohol you run the risk of liver disease later on, the real thing is the only way you can hurt another person is by attacking them which BTW happens quite a lot when people are sober.

Not to mention the numerous alcohol related deaths and injuries. You ever been to an emergency room on a friday or saturday night?

Yes, my mother worked in AE for 2 years before moving onto the smoking clinic, my grandmother worked as a consultant for several years with many patients coming from AE.
Hence the idea behind this fingerprint plan.....cause and effect? Take out the cause and the effect can't happen.

So.................lets ban alcohol too. Yeah, that willo take care of it.

Yeah and what stops people just beating each other up on the street? Should we ban people from going on the street now?

Its all about personal choice and freewill.

Free will? lol mabye for you smokers, but other than that the only choice I have is to either A) find a no smoking pub B) stay at home C) run the risk of getting lung cancer.
Nice personal choice there.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
that a thread starting about limitations on liberty and rights should turn on its own head and become a forum for those who wish to limit rights again.

As for the ID test in pubs - sorry just cant see it working - the technology is a little too fragile to cope with most of the publicans and punters i know.

The Firkin chain one tried to link its pubs with Web Cam machines - i think that idea lasted about 1 month before the machine was ripped out for being out of service.

The article actually reads more like PR put out by the company selling the software - i know I have penned enough pieces for companies I have worked for in the same vein - you can allways claim someone is looking "with interest" at your trial -
One - because the trial may never complete
Two - window shopping is free

Oh well off to the pub...

[edit on 27-10-2006 by Silk]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
that a thread starting about limitations on liberty and rights should turn on its own head and become a forum for those who wish to limit rights again.

As for the ID test in pubs - sorry just cant see it working - the technology is a little too fragile to cope with most of the publicans and punters i know.

Umm I'm afraid you havent noticed, it is already in place in one city.
Lol who wishes to restrict rights?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
just clarify here -

1) The release does not mention the NUMBER of Pubs involved in the initial trial.
2) It does however mention that Yoevill are THINKING of testing for TEN premises.

Oh and from recollection there are more that Ten pubs in that town.

This does not make the system "In Place" but rather "Under Consideration" in my reading

Just to add - take a look at the source of the info - and also the company promoting the technology - I'm not sure they are actually the size the Home office would require to undertake a national implementation (Ie EDS, Siemens etc etc)

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
just clarify here -

1) The release does not mention the NUMBER of Pubs involved in the initial trial.
2) It does however mention that Yoevill are THINKING of testing for TEN premises.

Oh and from recollection there are more that Ten pubs in that town.

This does not make the system "In Place" but rather "Under Consideration" in my reading

Then let me qoute you from the source I read it from.

The scheme has been up and running in Yeovil, Somerset, where 6,000 pubgoers and clubbers have signed up

www.metro.co.uk...
6000 pub goerers is, "under construction", yeah ok whatever.

Just to add - take a look at the source of the info - and also the company promoting the technology - I'm not sure they are actually the size the Home office would require to undertake a national implementation (Ie EDS, Siemens etc etc)

Lol I'll quote you another source which I myself read on the way to college lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join