It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beer fingerprints to go UK-wide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
And here i always thought this was left for the criminals during the arrest process.But then again,i guess anything can make you a criminal nowdays.

(PrisonPlanet)-The government is is funding the roll out of fingerprint security at the doors of pubs and clubs in major English cities.
www.infowars.com...

Funding is being offered to councils that want to have their pubs keep a regional black list of known trouble makers. The fingerprint network installed in February by South Somerset District Council in Yeovil drinking holesy is being used as the show case.
www.infowars.com...

"The Home Office have looked at our system and are looking at trials in other towns including Coventry, Hull & Sheffield," said Julia Bradburn, principal licensing manager at South Somerset District Council. www.infowars.com...

Gwent and Nottingham police have also shown an interest, while Taunton, a town neighbouring Yeovil, is discussing the installation of fingerprint systems in 10 pubs and clubs with the systems supplier CreativeCode.
www.infowars.com...

Offenders can be banned from one pub or all of them for a specified time - usually a period of months - by a committee of landlords and police called Pub Watch. Their offences are recorded against their names in the fingerprint system. Bradburn noted the system had a "psychological effect" on offenders. www.infowars.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Big brother, 1984, this is all coming, and the worst police state in the world is UK... Because it's small, to do a police state such as UK in the US would be much longer, but it's possible in the long run. And people who don't realise that UK is a police state are clueless of what happen in the real world.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is the last nail in the coffin for the pubs. First they made it illegal to smoke in the pubs, so smokers had to go outside everytime they wanted a sigarette. Pubs had a hard time as they lost many customers because of this. And now they want to collect fingerprints from their guests as well! I'll rather stay home!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Where's the pub's lobby when we need them?

They can't let this happen!

[edit on 24-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Pretty ridiculous if it's mandatory... any clarification on that? Otherwise if it's optional, I can understand why the owners of a bar might want the system.

I still can't believe smoking was outlawed in some places though. I mean no smoking... in a bar?

TG

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Im glad this is happening - pubs attract troublemakers at least here in the UK they do.
Im glad smoking is banned too. Non smokers will appreciate what Im saying. Smokers, selfish people that they are, probably wont.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by TG]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have to tell you, bars, as we call them on this side of the pond, are probably the worst places in the world to drink. They might be a good places for sober men to go and hustle drunk women or for sober pool players to hustle drunk pool players, but that really is about it.

Being under the influence in the midst of a throng of intoxicated others is really just asking for trouble. What's more, there are few things more irritating than being sober in a room full of drunks.

That's based on more than two decades of heavy drinking, so you can take it for what it's worth.

[edit on 2006/10/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TG

Im glad smoking is banned too. Non smokers will appreciate what Im saying.

Why not make non-smoking pubs in addition to pubs for smokers instead of banning it?

I've heard of pubs who lost 80% of their guests because smoking was banned. And then the employees union's demanded that the pubs installed a smoking room for their employees, because they have a right to have a smoking room at their workplace and blahblahblah. So they have smoking rooms for the employees but not for their guests...

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The pub chains will love this, only the independant smaller pubs will disagree and get pushed aside.

Whats next?, im sorry mr smith, but you are over your recomended monthly alcohol allowance, and you cant' really afford a drink as you have 2 outstanding parking fines?

For goodness sake, i want a drink im not trying to steal launch codes!

This does not change the culture of violence outside pubs, it does not change the root social problems that cause people do bad things, it just moves it elsewhere.

Its a bit like the CCTV argument, does it lower crime, sure it does where there are cameras! does it do anything to get to the root of the issues and find out why a 15 year old youth wants to stab people? no it does not.

Once again the government is using technology advances to sweep social problems under the carpet, and that carpet is looking very lumpy.

This is just another back-door ploy to get biometric data from people. Im sure theres going to be a huge market for fake-print gloves soon!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TG
Im glad this is happening - pubs attract troublemakers at least here in the UK they do.
Im glad smoking is banned too. Non smokers will appreciate what Im saying. Smokers, selfish people that they are, probably wont.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by TG]

I know its a little off topic but...

Might I ask how smokers are being selfish? If its non-smokers who for the majority of their day don't have to deal with smokers in their homes or in the workplace are the ones calling for pubs to be smoke-free as well, then why are smokers the selfish ones? Its usually the smokers that sit up close to the bar by the ashtrays and generally the pubs even have smoke-eaters installed to take out the smoke. The way I see it is that non-smokers are being selfish enforcing their way of life on smokers as well as the pub-owners themselves.

This is how these type of things start though. 1 group gets their way, then another wants fingerprinting, then another will want breathalyzers for each drink ordered, maybe people that are totally against alchohol will want to totally close down pubs and bars all-together.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
From what I understand about the 'Beer Fingerprinting' only those who have been troublemakers previously will have their prints on file and therefor only they will be Identified by the scanners...

OR

Given that there is a plan to fingerprint school children, could it be the start of future plans to know the whereabouts of each citizen at any given time?
School Fingerprint Plans Reviewed

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I simply won't drink in any pub that has this system. If this becomes mandatory for all pubs then the off-licence will be getting my trade.

How much of the trouble really occurs inside the pub anyway? In my experience it's always been when people are outside that everything kicks off. Perhaps if the landlords obeyed the law and refused to serve people before they became dangerously drunk we wouldn't need this. Then again that might hurt their profits so......

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Beer fingerprints?? not necessary!!

People recognise me from the beer stains anyway

(Note to self.must change shirt)

Soon you,ll have pub/club/theatre prints..all linked to a central computer.Then when you climb into your fingerprint scanning car to go home it,ll scan how many you,ve had and disable the engine and phone the cops

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
This is the last nail in the coffin for the pubs. First they made it illegal to smoke in the pubs, so smokers had to go outside everytime they wanted a sigarette. Pubs had a hard time as they lost many customers because of this. And now they want to collect fingerprints from their guests as well! I'll rather stay home!

Indeed! I agree.

Hell, I havent really gone to many pubs since I moved here to the UK, mainly because of the prices and the whole atmosphere of annoying pop and house music and chavs polluting the premesis with their vile presence.

Now this definitely do the nail in the coffin for me. Ill be damned if Im gonna surrender my fingerprints to Big Brother UK so I can sit in a crowded, loud, rude pub, drink overpriced watered down booze, have to deal with a bunch of inconsiderate obnoxious punks, and be denied a cigarette in the process.

Nah. Now if the Off Licenses start doing it too, I am going to restart my old hobbiest interest of home brewing of alcohol.

This is a bit extreme. I mean, FFS, they got enough CCTVS and crap in the damn pubs anyway to get photos of these punks. How about actually imposing some harsher penalties for the idiots that stir up crap?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Anyone watch last nights Horizon on BBC2?
It was all about "the singularity,"which is in my opinion the end game of the NWO.
The UK,along with much of the rest of the "free world,"is putting into place the bones of this plan as i write.
The global biometric gulag is being constructed,while the masses engorge themselves on topics such as Madonna buying a baby,or the size of Britneys Rack,who won the football,whatever...
I made a thread about the database,and plans for full spectrum surveillance the other day which contains some good links(especially the Genesis UK website,a company who is hellbent in turning our once fine land into a "minority report" Hive of subservient slaves,tracked,filmed and logged everywhere they go.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Im not fishing for replys,BTW...but the links are worth checking out!
Anyone who refuses this forced slavery will be fined,locked up,who knows these days maybe tortured as well.
I will be made into "untermenshcen" by my government,for refusing to give retina scans,fingerprints,DNA etc.
I will no longer be able to use banks,shops,doctors,hospitals,cars.
I will be turned into a criminal,just for standing up for my belief in freedom.
Question-how did Stalin and Hitler manage to install their murderous regimes?
Through proclamations of freedom and democracy,of course.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

You want to finish the rest of that story hellmutt?
A) only in scotland is it illegal to smoke in a pub.
B) These plans are only being "pushed for" they have only been done in ONE city (I read this in the paper on tuesday)
C) In that city they reported a 60% drop in alcohol related crimes in 6 months. Not bad IMO.

Also hellmutt, do you work in the NHS or a medical company? Every had any family that has or are?

Smoking is a VERY bad for all concerned, my family has worked in the NHS for 2 generations and I've visited the smoking clinic....not very pretty.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
They'll get it for using the phrase "black list".

I believe that's a PC No No in the crazy ole UK these days.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
All I can think of right now is when I said things like this were going to happen a year ago, does that mean I am no longer conspiricy theorist?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Back to the smoking issue here- if the ban was seen through in the rest of the UK, smokers would be forced outside and as i'm sure many are aware alot more trouble will take place outside (whether that be someone scrounging cigarettes/ drunk passers by etc.). But then it's ok because were smokers right?! Wrong.

If I stop going to the pub because I can't enjoy a cigarette- next time I pass McDonalds or see anyone eating junk, I guess it would be my right to call them 'fatty' and hurl abuse and moan about my tax money going toward them being unhealthy too? (Smokers in the UK pay just under 10 billion pounds tax- the NHS pays 1.7 billion in treating smokers and related diseases).

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz
All I can think of right now is when I said things like this were going to happen a year ago, does that mean I am no longer conspiricy theorist?

Yes trickz,thats correct,and also it shows that you were correct to be concerned a year ago,and it shows that those who called you a CT,have once again proved themselves to be sleeping fools.
Oh,and anyone who thinks this will only be used to stop troublemakers(although everyone will have their prints taken),time and time again this is the argument the powers use.
The reality is that this will be integrated into the database in order to top up the rest of the surveillance system,in order to achieve full spectrum dominance over the masses.
It may start with a scan at the door,but i bet it will soon be required to buy a single drink,pub or off licences alike.
Then a picture if heavy drinkers will be obtained by the government,and they will be able to control the actions of these new "enemies of the state".
Forced medication/rehab programmes will generate a tidy sum for the governments,and they will be able to criminalise another section of society.
Whilst crack and meth destroys our society,the government is going to track the folks who drink beer,a drug pushed upon our society by the worst drug dealers of all-the state themselves.
Why not track the crack/meth heads?
Oh thats right you do already with "tags",coz most of them are criminals by nature.
That was a nice idea-remember that? When the only people in our society who were tracked were the criminals...those days are gone friends,for now we will all be tracked by the paranoid system who wants to treat ALL of us as potential criminals.

Are all dogs put to sleep because they have the "potential" to bite a person? NO

But all Humans will be tracked everywhere,because we have the "potential"to break laws.

This whole system will create more criminals,not less,for if you treat a man as though he is your enemy,he will start to behave as one.

Maybe thats the whole idea.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join