It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Documentary film on terrorists crashing the economic system?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
All the data is backed up and stored in secure off-site locations.

Djohnsto, causing hyperspeculation in some way, would be enough to let the Dollar collapse. Having access to specific data is not very relevant.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
A coordinated attack on financial institutions in New York, London and Tokyo would have a huge impact on the world economy, but I think that's easier said than done.

I know the NYSE is so heavily guarded no car bomb could ever get to it, and as for infiltration, most financial companies do thorough background checks on employees.

I'm sure it's something they'd like to do, but I think it might be out of their reach.

Think 'outside the box'...

A likely scenario would be the use of 'home-made' e-bombs...there's a wealth of information on emp theory and use, and construction methods and materials online (even a dedicated thread here on ATS) and have the capacity to cripple any financial institution.

As for delivery-method, again, think outside-the-box..Rather than use a car-bomb, a microlight aircraft can be broken down and transported by transit-van, re-assembled by one person, can take-off from any flat ground (no airfield needed) with a range of 100+ miles. As the avg max. load is around 450kg/900lbs inc. pilot, someone determined enough could air-deliver a device weighing 250-300kg and cause total havoc...and in a most unexpected way

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Documentary Name is 'The man that broke Britain'

Regards,

Peter

new topics

<< 1   >>

join