It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Lead In The Polls Before Mid-Term Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This mid-term election year of 2006 maybe a great time for the Democrats to win back control of both the Senate and the House of Representatives. With all of the political wrangling that has gone on this year with the War in Iraq and other things that have been going on in Washington. This is the an opportune time for change in the Legislature in Washington.

www.cnn.com
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The White House is bracing for guerrilla warfare on the homefront politically if Republicans lose control of the House, the Senate or both -- and with it, the president's ability to shape and dominate the national agenda.

Republicans are battling to keep control of Congress. But polls and analysts in both parties increasingly suggest Democrats will capture the House and possibly the Senate on Election Day November 7.

Democrats need a 15-seat pickup to regain the House and a gain of six seats to claim the Senate.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Seeing the polls that indicate that the Democrats may win back complete control of Congress kind of throws you back into the Clinton Administration. That is last time when Congress was in Republican control. This current Congressional term has been called a 'lame-duck Congress' by most people with the Bush camp. This is due to the changes made to some of the bills introduced in Congress that Bush begged to have them pass without any changes to the bils.

A Newsweek poll that was released on Sunday indicates that over fifty - five percent of Americans want a Democratic controlled Congress. This a major clue that we people of the United States are tired of what is coming out of Washington these days. One of the shoe-ins for another term in Congress include incumbent Senator Robert C. Byrd(D-WV). The senior senator from Sophia, West Virginia in Raliegh County is being challenged by political newcomer John Raese(R).

Related News Links:
today.reuters.com
www.cnn.com
www.foxnews.com

[edit on 10/23/2006 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

A Newsweek poll that was released on Sunday indicates that over fifty - five percent of Americans want a Democratic controlled Congress.

Personally I find it amusing that only 55% of americans are for this. I think most people would agree experience tells us that diversity (in general) is a good thing.

So what do the voters do? They let republicans control everything. This leaves us with a system of no checks and balances!

[edit on 23-10-2006 by Scramjet76]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The Democrats are poised to bring some much needed balance back to the American political process. If they blow this opportunity, either they are completely incompetent, as the other side continually asserts, or the system is completely rigged and the process is DOA, as I have lately begun to fear.

Any story asserting the GOP has the momentum going into the midterm elections of 2006 is total propaganda.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
With all the hype of a Democratic takeover of the House and Senate. Will the Democrats concede that they were miserable failures if they don't?

I think Republicans keep control of both houses of Congress. Why?

Simple...

Nobody wants higher taxes in a booming economy. DOW well over 12,000, unemployment at record lows, etc.

There is a perception that the War in Iraq is not going well, but "Cut and Run" is not an option.

A vote for Democrats is doing the will of terrorists. Terrorists are stepping up the killing in order to influence the vote. No surpise since most enemies of the United States use the same talking pts that Democrats use.

In the end the "Silent Majority" will step up and keep Repulicans in power. Because safety and the economy is still more of a concern than Iraq.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That is just complete hogwash, equating voting for Democrats with support for terrorism. You should be ashamed of yourself!

I suppose you would rather see this false boom continue as the current administration spends us into bankruptcy with its misguided fiscal policy and war-mongering attitude!

I mean really! Even the scion of your party, and your buddy RR's (there you go again) administration, James Baker III, is leading a bi-partisan committee to come up with options for salvaging the Iraq debacle.

Wake up!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
@Icarus Rising

If you were a terrorist who would you vote for? Listen to past quotes from Sadamm Hussein, Usama bin-Laden, the late Zarquawi, Hugo Chavez, or any Al-Queda propaganda video and you can easily tell they get their talking pts from Democrats.

For the last 6 years anything bad for America is a good for Democrats, and anything good for America (economy, war on terror, Dow over 12,000) is bad for Democrats. It is a shame that the Democrats, with no ideas of their own, and constant Bush bashing, have put themselves in that situation.

Terrorist can't wait for the day when they get treated as common criminals with court appointed lawyers, instead of getting hunted down like the scum they are.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Nobody wants higher taxes in a booming economy. DOW well over 12,000, unemployment at record lows, etc.

Good economy? Are you drunk or just not informed?

A vote for Democrats is doing the will of terrorists. Terrorists are stepping up the killing in order to influence the vote. No surpise since most enemies of the United States use the same talking pts that Democrats use.
You're kidding right? You know that Al-CIA was created by the CIA? That Ben Laden is probably dead? That Zarqawi was dead long before he was killed this summer?

In the end the "Silent Majority" will step up and keep Repulicans in power. Because safety and the economy is still more of a concern than Iraq.
No, Diebold will take care of the results.

Aside, you want the US to become a dictatorship?

I can't understand the conservatives, they are blind and are against civil rights... The conservatives of today are just another synonym for fascists.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

[edit on 23-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
RR,

What you say about Democrats simply isn't true and what's sad is your attempt to stereotype everything patriotic and good for America as somehow provided by the GOP. Again that is simply hogwash, maybe even brainwash.

It reminds me of this thead- history simplified

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The US seems to be the only country where polls don't count. Heck, in the Ukraine the US cried fraud when the exit polls didn't match who won, but in their own country, the US calls that 'Diebold'.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Our vote does count from what we are told by the 'media,' but here's the catch. Our votes only count if it is a mid-term election for a senator or a local election for like mayor or something.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
The US seems to be the only country where polls don't count. Heck, in the Ukraine the US cried fraud when the exit polls didn't match who won, but in their own country, the US calls that 'Diebold'.

Good point, and when the Democrats show proof the Republicans rigged an election they are called whiny cry baby losers. Yet this election will be a landslide* and how much you want to bet Republicans will cry not only rigged election but will be called Gods and Saints and the Democrats as thiefs and criminals?

*Minus Diebold intervention

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
One question that has not been answered...

Will the Democrats be considered miserable failures if they don't take the House and the Senate?

They have all the hype and all the momentum. They have all the favorable media coverage. They even have terrorists helping them out. Can anything less than taking both House and Senate be considered a victory for them?

Prediction: They fail to take the House and Senate and go back to doing what they do best....blaming Bush and "voter irregularities"!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Will the Democrats be considered miserable failures if they don't take the House and the Senate?

It can't happen if it's a legitimate election. Bush has done too much shiat over the last 6 years. The economy is a joke, the iraq war is a total failure, afghanistan too, many scandals, they spitted on the constitution, they abused their power... what else? They did allow or even did 9/11. They lied about the war, they breach their allegiance to protect the constitution, and that is treason... No, they can't win if it's a legitimate election.

Why would they win? Diebold, no elections or people are as much in their pipe dreams as RRConservative or Ann Coulter.

RRConservative, at least, you know you're a traitor to the constitution in supporting Bush and his laws?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Wow! You Democrats try SO hard with your polls to convince yourself that the US is in such shambles without you in power and control of everything. Did anyone ever look at the demographics on those polled?
I heard on a certain conservative talk show today about this "poll" and what you aren't advertising too hard is that of those polled, MOST WERE DEMOCRATS!

Democrats are on a more of a downslide than Republicans these days, simply because people are growing up, learning more about what the Dems are all about (which, to this day, they are still unsure other than the "we hate Bush" theme), and are more informed.

I was a dumb Democrat once. Feeding on everything the media gave me, but then I started to pay attention only to realize that most contradictions and hypocritical actions were being perpetuated by.......you guessed it......DEMS!

It should tell you something when Air America claims bankruptcy because they don't have listeners that people are waking up to the fact that Democrats are liars and will say anything to try to gain "power".

CNN-- your treasoni......er...trusted news source!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
With the polls showing Democrats overwhelmingly taking Republicans in various races around the country, anything other than a Democrat victory would be a fiasco. I would expect Americans around the counrty to comfiscate diebold machines everywhere(by force if necessary) to be examined by hackers for rigging.

There have been too many questionable ballots in the last couple of elections to let another questionable election pass without an uprising....but then again, the American People never cease to amaze me in what they will believe....and most of them think we are on the fringes because of what we believe here.

About 60% of American People are so gullible that they'll believe anything their party tells them without question....at that is 30% of the population that blindly follows each of the 2 major parties. It's the other 40% of us that really decide the elections.

I think that middle 40% of the population that is open to voting for either party should create their own party and start all over. The time to start is just after this election.

But getting back to the issue at hand, it seems that the polls are so heavily tipped toward Democrat this election that only election rigging could make it go the other way. The Republican Party seems to have sunk their own ship this year with their hypocrisy, greed, corruption and their failure to contest anything that this administration throws at them....the blind follow the blind and both have ended up in the ditch.

The question remains....will they somehow manage to win this election in the face of obvious defeat?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Creewolf, you're the fool, you think there's a difference between democrats and republicans. And the worse thing of all, you think Bush is good for the american people.
He want to get rid of the US sovergnity, is that ``conservative``?

I'm not a democrat, i'm not a republican, i'm not a libertarian, i'm nothing, i'm just for the defense of the principles of what the US was created on and I believe that if anyone is against one of those principles, he must move because he don't agree with the rules... If you want a fascist state, move to North Korea.

Creewolf, either you're a troll, either you're 15 years old or you're hopeless...

Davenman, you're right, people such as Creewolf and RRconservative are blind fools, and i'm sure there's the equivalent on the democrat side. We need people who think on their own, search for the truth and stand by the constitution to have a real democracy... We're a long way to go...

[edit on 24-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see how the media spin the impending Republican victory in the face of such polls. Will Diebold get any mainstream mentions? I doubt it.

As for RR, who considers the Bushies good for the US economy, three words: record budget deficit.

new topics

top topics

join