It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XP Professional Bugging Device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
A friend called me up tonight requesting help with his computer after we installed a fresh OS.

He was having trouble stting up his ADSL connection and he mentioned that his ISP told him he had to install windows XP on his computer before he could connect.

Well I did a bit of a search around the ISP's site and - you guessed it - no mention of the ISP being "XP exclusive".

So I got to thinking - Why would a major Australian ISP try to manipulate a customer into installing XP when it wasn't needed?

And then I got to thinking about the NSA spying on US citezens(and everyone else) scandel, AT&T, and the the internet (or why havn't the neocon western governments stopped me and you posting stuff like this)?

Then I thought about the "camps" being built in The US, here in Australia and probably the UK. I thought about all those tens of thousands of bots, trojans and spyware, that we are suposed to gauard against constantly and wondered if there was more to the push to upgrade windows to XP than mere rampant capitalist greed.

I thought about the US torture for all legislation, and why is Bill Gates in bed with the pharacutical industry? I wondered about that unrelated to web surfing traffic indicated in the Zone Alarm system tray icon.

I thuoght about total economic colapse, the Book Of Life and a list of names and I thought about Windows XP and I found this:

" HKEY_USERS - psychological profiling of all users, post-forensic usage focus "

www.indymedia.org.uk...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The telcoms can do the spying in their own facility much more effectively.

The tech support is telling him to install XP because their manual is scripted. Maybe they have some deal with Microsoft as profit motive, but it's most likely because XP is the majority of OS market.

Tell your friend to get a DSL router (I prefer netgear), hook the DSL modem to it, and you can have multiple computers (doesn't matter what OS) sharing Internet connection.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by tazadar]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What, so now a lowly IT technician asking someone to install the most user-freindly, widley supported (what he/she is probably trained on), universal OS is part of the NWO?

new topics

join