It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kennedy met with Russians - against Reagan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
www.discoverthenetwork.org...

This happened too long ago to be of interest you say?? BAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Here we have a US Senator who met with the Russians during the Cold War in an effort to be rid of his political rival - Ronald Reagan.

Reminds me a bit of John Kerry going off to his illegal meeting in France with the representatives from Vietnam during the US/Vietnam war. No wonder Kennedy and Kerry are such close buddies.

Kennedy is still in office. He's a traitor of the highest degree. (So is Kerry, but that's for another thread). I hope all the information on this comes out and that people don't just poo-poo it because it happened 20 years ago. It is still vitally important and it tells a lot about the man Massachussetts has put in the US Senate!

Kennedy!!

A KGB letter, dated May 14, 1983, and that was written at the height of the Cold War that shows that Sen. Edward Kennedy offered to assist Soviet leaders in formulating a public relations strategy to counter President Reagan's foreign policy and to complicate his re-election efforts. The letter was sent from the head of the KGB to Yuri Andropov, who was then General Secretary of the Soviet Union's Communist Party.

www.discoverthenetwork.org...

[edit on 10/23/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'd love to see a copy of that letter. I remember only too well the antipathy of the Left towards the policies implemented by Mr. Reagan.

Have you had any luck finding a copy, or am I missing something on that page?

I wish I was surprised about something like this happening, but I'm not.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Have you had any luck finding a copy, or am I missing something on that page?

I'm looking ..... News sources are quoting the letter, but I'm not finding the original letter. They claim to have seen it. I'll keep looking. At any rate - It doesn't surpirse me that Kennedy met with the Russians to conspire against the sitting POTUS. Kerry did something similar .... no wonder they get along so well.

hotair.com...
Former Sen. John V. Tunney is now also involved in the mess ....

www.freerepublic.com...
The Crusader, Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism - The book first references the Kennedy plan on page 206, and includes the complete Soviet memo, dated May 14, 1983, in the Appendix.

According to our freeper friends, the entire memo may be found in the book. I don't have a copy of the book.

I'm still looking ...

[edit on 10/23/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Ironic - there was a big discussion on this on the Howie Carr Show this afternoon.

Howie has dedicated a site to Teddy:
www.fatboy.cc...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
WOW!!!!

What a find FF...

You get the WATS for this one....

Shame most liberals wont even click on this thread...

Semper

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Shame most liberals wont even click on this thread...

You got that right. This thread has been up for a day and look at the activity level. Not much interest on the FACT that Kennedy met with the enemy to conspire against the sitting POTUS. But start a thread on 'why do you hate America or why do you hate George Bush ...' and they'll come out of the woodwork for days and days ...

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
FIND THE LETTER!!!!!

Nothing to back it up? shame shame on you, FF.

Hearsay? :shk:

October surprise?

ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

I dont believe my neighbor would do such a thing!!! Perhaps i should call him.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
FIND THE LETTER!!!!!

We all know where it is. It doesn't have to be found. It's printed in the book. There isn't a copy on the internet to post a link to. (yet). So it's not hearsay. But yes, by all means, call your neighbor Teddie ... see what he has to say. (if you can catch him between martinis.)

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Shame most liberals wont even click on this thread...Semper

Never fear, Semper, I am here! LOL, putting on hero's suit with the big red "L" on the chest. I will reply just as soon as I'm done reading my Communist Manifesto...

OK all jokes aside. Firstly, in order for me to comment with any intelligence, I would have to see the memo and the excerpt from the book. But, I wonder, why would Kennedy back the Communists? That doesn't make sense. And why would he want to get rid of Reagan, when he wasn't running for president? I think there's probably more to the story. And what was their source?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
why would Kennedy back the Communists?

He sought out communist Russia for help in an effort to make sure Reagan wasn't reelected.

why would he want to get rid of Reagan,

Because Kennedy is a democrat and Reagan was a very strong republican. Reagan (and then Bush 41 after him) had a strong republican hold on the USA. Kennedy, being a far left liberal democrat, couldn't stand that and most likely wanted to break the strength of the republicans to make room for democrats and future Kennedys (JFK jr??) who were coming up, and would be coming up, in ranks.

what was their source?

Declassified KGB documents.

[edit on 10/24/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I guess I have a reason to visit Barnes and Noble later this week. That's sooo coool. Barnes and Noble. My favorite place in the world. Well almost.

Senator Kennedy, the teflon politician. Any odds he'll skate out from under this one? Murder, or at least negligent homicide. Obstruction of justice. Now just possibly treason. John Kennedy is spinning in his grave. JFK was many things, a traitor wasn't one of them.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
ForestLady,

You are my hero...

Semper

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Compared to what Bush & Co have done (oh yes) Teddy looks like an altar boy.

this is a bunch of hooey.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This can't be true....Teddy is a gin and tonic guy, not a vodka drinker.

Here's a summary of what happened:

The letter, dated May 14, 1983, was sent from the head of the KGB to Yuri Andropov, who was then General Secretary of the Soviet Union's Communist Party.
:
Specifically, Kennedy proposed that Andropov make a direct appeal to the American people in a series of television interviews that would be organized in August and September of 1983, according to the letter.
:
"Tunney told his contacts that Kennedy was very troubled about the decline in U.S -Soviet relations under Reagan," Kengor said. "But Kennedy attributed this decline to Reagan, not to the Soviets. In one of the most striking parts of this letter, Kennedy is said to be very impressed with Andropov and other Soviet leaders."
:
But Kennedy's attempt to partner with high-level Soviet officials never materialized. Andropov died after a brief time in office and was succeeded by Mikhail Gorbachev.

CNS

The book is at the bookstores now, I believe.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

ForestLady,

You are my hero...

Semper

Thanks, Semper, likewise!

I have to say that I never thought Teddy had the greatness of either of his brothers, especially JFK.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Speaking from experience, i will tell you all that the Kennedy's have done great things for Massachusetts- drunk or not.

A hell of a lot more than those fancying themselves as leaders of our country.

You might call them handouts; The poor people see it as a Godsend.

Joe-4-Oil: So that no one goes without heat, and countless other measures both by Ted and family to help the residents of Massachusetts.

Dont put the man down, because YOUR man is a downer, criminal, little monkey.

Here we go! Election time. Clinton, Kerry, now Kennedy. Ohhh, and Hillary.

Surely, there has to be something we can dig up that is newsworthy.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
i will tell you all that the Kennedy's have done great things for Massachusetts

What they have or haven't done for massachusettes doesn't matter. The fact is that Teddie-boy illegally and covertly conspired with Soviets during the cold war. He conspired against a sitting President of the United States. Any new roads they may have had put in and any charitiy functions they may have attended in Massachussetts don't matter. Treason is treason.

Surely, there has to be something we can dig up that is newsworthy.

This is a conspiracy site. A conspiracy has been uncovered. The fact that a sitting US Senator conspired with the enemy; made illegal communications with the KGB against a sitting POTUS; plotted the downfall of said POTUS; all to further his own presidential bid and fellow democrats political aspirations is definately newsworthy.

If Kennedy had become president after all that then he would have been a president who was blackmailable by the KGB. Gotta' wonder how the Cold War would have gone with someone like that in the Oval Office instead of Ronald Reagan.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
FF,

I'm getting the book as soon as I can get to the Barnes and Noble.

I am not surprised at this. The man killed a woman! Nothing he does will ever surprise me, and because of his name, coupled with the hate for Bush, he is constantly defended.... SHEEESH

Semper

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I'm getting the book as soon as I can get to the Barnes and Noble.

I'll race ya!
I'm going to head over there later this morning. We will see which of us gets ahold of the KGB memo to post here first!!

Hey - maybe Kennedy was so drunk that he doesn't remember having illegal 'talks' with the KGB? Wonder if that would be his defense if he ever was brought to trial?

I shouldn't
.... this is really serious and sickening.

[edit on 10/25/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Have your fun, wont you?

Personally, i've invested in books about Bush, so that my grandchildren can see what a royal f@#$% he was.

OOOOOh.....wow! You bring Ted Kennedy into the picture , you'd think he's running for president......but when you're desperate, anything will do, wont it???????

Ha ha ha...nice try. There's enough dirt on the current administration to keep us busy for years to come.
Like the total destruction of the world as we "knew" it.

What a heroe!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join