It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threats to the people of the US and UK on Sky News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I have looked to see if anybody has posted this topic. I have watched this interview several times. First of all, this Taliban leader has the misguided idea about our voting system. I, for one, didn't vote in Blair the last two elections, and my family didn't vote in Bush.

I can understand this man's anger at watching innocents die in his country from bombing raids; but he is misguided in his assumption that the populace of America and the UK collectively elected Blair and Bush into power.

They feel our democracy elects leaders who love war. Why should innocent people pay with their lives because beaurocrats and politicians want to keep a war going that nobody is going to win and everybody is going to lose.

Also, this Taliban leader will have to have a substantional amount of followers to carry out his threat. I have met many Muslims and spoken with them online; they want peace amongst various religions. The Quaran,. The Bible, and the Torah speaks of peace.

It strikes me, as strange, that there are more civilians killed in war than the soldiers. It is sad when soldiers are killed, but when some of those soldiers are children, it is heart breaking that those children are going to grow up with hatred in their hearts. When I see these children armed going into battle and being used as cannon fodder, my heart breaks. They should be allowed to have a normal childhood without the need to carry a gun, or die in battle.

What angers me is seeing these children armed and fighting for a cause that they have been told is best for them and their country. These chilren are sacrificing themselves based on mythology taught to them by their elders.

Parents and elders are responsible when it comes to teaching racism to their children. I never taught my daughter to be hateful to anothers religion, creed, or colour.

I will still go on buses, trains and planes, and if I am ever a victim of a suicide bomber; I will have died with no hatred in my heart, as the attack will be carried out through ignorance and not the truth.

However, I am a firm believer that it will be difficult for this leader to carry out his threats. The government has such measures in place that people can be traced, who are prepared to commit those atrocities.

A few terrorists might get through the system, but not to the level of which this leader is proclaiming. Since 9/11, and 7/7, security has become much more strict.

My real concern is for the many innocent Muslim people who live here in the UK. I am concerned with what this leader and our leaders have said that the Muslims are going to be looked upon with suspicion.

I live by the adage,'You can't judge a book by it's cover', and another one I live by
'You can't tar everybody with the same brush'.

Peace between religions (there is only one race-the human race) will come through respect and dialouge. I know it is difficult when the governments take up arms against one another.

Also, I watched a programme a while back to do with 9/11 and it seemed that either the American, or British government were involved with the Taliban and agreed to give them weapons (If I remember correctly), if they helped capture Bin Laden.

Can't you see what I am seeing; the idocricy of war. Our soldiers being killed by their own weapons, (so to speak). I am a pacifist, as you can gather, and it strikes me strange how governments seem to perpetuate war through propraganda, and such like.

I hope I am not speaking out of turn, but I feel these things needed to be said. I will be glad of the day when the governments around the world lay down their weapons.

Another reason I feel so strongly is that my dad was in the military and went to Vietnam. His barracks was bombed, but fortunately, he wasn't in the building. Vietnam was a war that they didn't win. If my dad had arrived at his barracks a few minutes earlier; My brother and I would have grown up without a dad, and my sister would have never been born.

Hence, my attitude towards war. We are all losers; there are no winners.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Their ideology is like a virus, transporting itself from one wehicle to another. What a mess. I don't think western militaries can fight against civilian insurgents unless they kill...civilians. And in large numbers, even innocent ones. And I, nor does anyone else I think, want that to happen.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i smell a smokescreen. Might be worth watching what else sneaks through at the moment...

For example the prime minister, discounting civil liberties, using dna databases to their full extent!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i smell a smokescreen too, and the smoke is comming from iran. what are they up to , oh i know , to bleed us of oil in the gulf, by bombing the gulf. go get em u.s.a. .

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I as much as the next person want peace. Having lost my faience in the fall of the towers Its a very personal subject to me. However I believe that it will not happen in our life time. There are things that have been put in place many years ago that are just now coming to a head.
Plus there is a biological basis for what we are experiencing now. Thru out history of so called modern man, mankind has spent a majority of energy on just trying to survive. For a very very long time now how ever life has been to easy not to say life is easy just the act of survival is easier. we no longer spend most of our energy reserved for basic survival on surviving. That energy is still there its part of us so we have to use it some ware. No ime not saying its the only answer for why we attack each other but IN MY OPINION, its a large part of it.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07

I can understand this man's anger at watching innocents die in his country from bombing raids; but he is misguided in his assumption that the populace of America and the UK collectively elected Blair and Bush into power.

you do realise the Taliban couldn't give a flying poo about the Afghani people? They oppress them and derail efforts to restore democracy. The Taliban have killed more Afghani civilians then the Coalition forces combined. It is the same story in Iraq. Check Iraqbodycount.com

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I know seriously. These insurgents and Taliban fighters are jokes. Those car bombs and road side bombs are killing more CIVILIANS than NATO forces ever did. They need to go pick flies out of their beards.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I have looked to see if anybody has posted this topic. I have watched this interview several times. First of all, this Taliban leader has the misguided idea about our voting system. I, for one, didn't vote in Blair the last two elections, and my family didn't vote in Bush.

quit sniveling and cowering, willing to surrender your rights to vote whom you please to please these radicals! We, the people of the United States of America, did elect G.W. Bush as our leader. We voted for this war against these people because they have attacked us. They attacked us on sept. 11 2001 and they have payed dearly for their mistake.

They are angry? Well so are we! They killed 5,000 people with no provocation whatsoever! They wanted a war, we gave it to them. We have avenged our blood 10x over.

Still not enough yet? I say the US should take the gloves off and fight dirty.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I posted this earlier in the War on Terror Section

Thread

I think its all more scare mongerin by the Media. Just my 2 cents onthe issue.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
As a resident of the UK (Manchester) we have a history of dealing with terrorist attacks, the IRA for example. I'm not a muslim and I habour no hate for different colours, religion or anything like that. My out look is that "it's nice to be nice" and that if everyone sat down and had a maybe a joint or two things might not be so bad.

This, however, is a different issue. We have a network of fanatics who are spoiling it for the rest of us. A bit like the kid at the party who just wants his own way so you stop inviting him because he upsets everyone else. But this network is growing. Why? Because if my dad, mum, sister, brother was killed by an invading country / countries I'm sure the immediate pain and anger would increase your need for revenge and therefore increase the chances of you joining either a recognised organisation, Taliban, or a seperatist movement with its own agenda. If you disagree with this then maybe you have never lost a close relative. If you have lost a relative, imgaine losing them in a horrific mannor, WTC, London bombing and Madrid to name a few. How many people do you think joined the army after this in these countries to defend what we are led to believe is "our freedom"? My guess would be, a lot.

The other factor always thrown around is that these nations are brainwashed into hating the west. Are we not being brainwashed into hating the middle east? In a way I think we are. I know muslims that don't want this and never wanted it, I have also heard stories that when the WTC bomb went off (I watched it live on tv as it happened as I had thrown a sicky form work that day) many muslims celebrated this attack against the USA / democracy / freedom..... Call it what you will but there are two sides to this coin.

If there is an attack on the UK then this is probably the best time to do it. We have lost countless people we should have deported months / years ago, illegals are slipping into this country on a daily basis and we do nothing about it, our jobs are being given to these illegals because they will work for less than the minimum wage, many of these people have more than one passport and identity and if someone doesn't want to be found, because they all live together as a community, that community will hide them, they receive free healthcare that I and the rest of the UK tax payers pay for and as i live in a 2 bedroom city centre appartment at £600 per month rent I have no idea how there can be eastern European and asian (as in Pakistani and Indian) families of more than 6 people affording to live where I do. Obviously we and I are paying for their rent too. Argue differently if you can.

The UK has become a joke in my opinion. We are a doormat to the rest of the world and if someone can argue differently please do so. Australia had the right idea when that boat turned up with all the illegals wanting to come ashore. They were told no, the illegals then threw some of their children into the ocean thinking that this would help. Why?????? Ultimately they had to rescue thier own young and leave. Why can't the UK do the same? Because if we do we are called, cruel, in-humane, monsters, racists and so on. I can say that most poeple I know are not racists or monsters, but are scared to give thier real thoughts as we are in a time of political correctness. You can probably guess what I think about that. Yeah, you guessed right.

At the end of the day I think that any war is wrong and could easily be avoided or resolved if the common goal was one of peace where countries don't take liberties on other countries. If this was the mian objective of most talks then we woudln't have have the situations we have right now.

However, if these countries want to bomb the UK and thier neighbours then so be it, maybe WWIII would mean that these regiemes are wipped out for good. I know it means casualties but some things don't just happen over night.

Remirah

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I can understand this man's anger at watching innocents die in his country from bombing raids;

Oh .. and where is his anger at watching innocents being killed by the insurgents? The VAST MAJORITY of civilians killed, are being killed by idiots like that guy. He's a hypocrite.

scroll half way down this page and you will see radical muslim on muslim crimes -
www.thereligionofpeace.com...
Warning - disturbing images They are killing each other off in HUGE numbers.

[edit on 10/24/2006 by FlyersFan]

mod edit: added bold type

[edit on 24-10-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Remirah
Australia had the right idea when that boat turned up with all the illegals wanting to come ashore. They were told no, the illegals then threw some of their children into the ocean thinking that this would help. Why?????? Ultimately they had to rescue thier own young
This is not true.

Clarification

In October 2001 the federal government accused a boatload of Iraqi asylum seekers of throwing their children overboard so that they could be rescued by the navy.

The comments were later proven to be untrue but Mr Howard today said he did not deliberately lie or suppress evidence in order to win the 2001 election.

"What I reject is the suggestion that I knew all along there were no children thrown overboard and I just deliberately suppressed that information until we got through the election," he told ABC Radio today. SMH

Sneaky bugger. Anyway, back on topic

sanc'

[edit on 24-10-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Sanctum,

I stand corrected. Thanks. Don't want to be giving any false info.

However, the fact stands that all these asylum seekers consider the UK to be a soft touch, and we are, because they don't stop in Germany, France or Spain, they risk their lives to get in to the UK. What the hell is so special about us. Could it be the free housing and healthcare they get.

I was actually in a recruitment agency the other week (I have a job but I was thinking of moving on) and a couple walked in and went to the desk. They started to talk in the poorest broken english I have ever heard and they wanted jobs. That's all they could really say. The poor girl behind the counter tried to explain that their english needed to be at the least basic to register due to health and safety laws (imagine their is a fire and they need to follow instructions to get out of the building). They were clearly unhappy about this and caused a scene shouting in thier own language (no idea where it was from, possibly one of the former soviet states) and now and again shouting job. Obviously they left without jobs but how dare they walk into a country they know nothing of, can't speak the language and demand work??? This does genuinely annoy me.

If you went to thier country and didn't abide by thier strict rules and working regulations you'd probably end up in a worse situation than being asked to leave your local recruitment agencies offices. In the UK, if your not British, you get it handed to you on a plate. I've never in my life seen any muslims, eastern europeans or any other culture having to beg on the streets other than our own. Why? Because we're not allowed anything for free if we're down on our luck. Stiff upper lip and all that old chap.

You know what? Let them in, give them the housing they demand, the care they need, the jobs they want and so on........ I'd quite easily pack up and move to warmer climates. This country is going to the dogs. They can have it, fight over it and bomb each other (saves us a job and a lot of lives that need not be lost).

Remirah

new topics

top topics

join