It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence? You Decide!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 09:07 PM
link   
M-D I'm with you; throwing peanuts at the monkey's is getting me no where near the fun I was hoping for; they don't even respond! Where are the more on topic threads?
Look, Thomas, I don't know 'rense' from a Bama Sodomite Ford Pick-up driver, if you guy's say it's a NewsMax-like crap site, I'll take your word at face value. The reason I linked there is because, guess what? THey SCRUBBED THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE!
I did a quick search on the topic, and found an alternate link. The source was The Charlotte Globe Gazette
This was dead: www.globegazette.com...

Maybe your stellar research skills could spend a second & look it up? deployments like that are easy to find.
The Gazzette home page search option won't return it either.
Any of you hear of Operation Northwood? IT was a plan to make several terrorist attacks on US soil, blow up US ships, blame the Cubans, and bring American focus & sympathies to a War effort against Castro. The plan was put together and signed by the joint chiefs of staff.
Sound familiar? It worked this time, in NY.

I don't believe Bush is an unwitting pawn; he's fully complicit, just not in the loop on everything. Anytime you've seen/heard him go off script is proof to that.
The catch is that he is a very shallow, arrogant, petty child of privilege who has trouble hiding his sense of entitlement and scorn for the common man, so he will snafu bigger than he already has.

As for saying things out loud...hmm?
"the US chemical warfare unit released pathogens in SF, NY and NV as a test" wait that happened.
" the US Army infected our own troops with syphilis and purposely did not treat them for years"
wait that happened too.
" The former head of our Secret Police ( on the ticket as VP) arranged the delayed release of US hostages held by Iran in order to further stoke anti-Carter sentiment till after the elections, with the hostages being released on the exact day & time of inauguration"
Wait that happened as well.

Seems like saying the 'impossible' doesn't sound so odd when it's proven to be fact with such consistency.

abcnews.go.com...

www.humboldtnews.com...

www.iowanationalguard.com...

www.militarycorruption.com...
( a personal favorite of mine since my AF days, for the military man by the military man)

abcnews.go.com...
( yeah, a "malaria drug")

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Perhaps "pawn" was the wrong term..."Tool" would be a bit more accurate.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The war on Terrorism is futile it's like a war on bacteria.But you wouldn't fight bacteria one by one you would look at the conditions in which bacteria breed and then deny them those conditions.

Unless some very important people see sense I doubt any of us will see the day Terrorism is eliminated.And what is worse the longer this goes on the harder it will be to change this policy.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You've got a good anology going there...The problem is that US Foreign Policies have been deliberately culturing that bacteria for decades...

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yes, B-T, I'm aware of the cases to which you prefer, but what you are assuming the government is doing now is to assume a speeder (such as myself) is a serial killer (such as Ted Bundy, who was eventually caught because he couldn't drive worth a tinker's darn).
That is a huge leap, one that I'm not prepared to make now on little evidence and lots of conjecture.

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Yes, B-T, I'm aware of the cases to which you prefer, but what you are assuming the government is doing now is to assume a speeder (such as myself) is a serial killer (such as Ted Bundy, who was eventually caught because he couldn't drive worth a tinker's darn).
That is a huge leap, one that I'm not prepared to make now on little evidence and lots of conjecture.

I don't follow. Do you mean that you're not convinced of our governments incursion into our civil liberties, or at least our percepition of them?

tr

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I hear ya. Coincidence? Think NOT. War on this... on that... I always thought it was pitiful that Vietnam was classified as a 'police action' rather than a war. How freely the politicians use the word WAR except when there really is one.
I have yet to hear the term WAR on corruption... WAR on unconstitutional doings... WAR on ...know what I mean jelly bean?
I hope we never do...that means really nasty unconstitutional corruptions are on the way. They just haven't put together the bureaucracy yet to orchestrate the increase in corruption and constitution destroying actions.
Oh SHOOT as the ABS censor says...(freedom of speech be DARNED) oh oh! see centrexnews.com for an article about the new NEA and FEA. Yikes! They have got me so used to their ways I would not trust them if they had a good idea. That's bad.
When they started talking about homeland security, I think they are probably designing the "destroy and terrorize the American homeland department".
I used to post here awhile back. I try to keep my nose out of it more now. It stinks too bad. If you keep sniffing defecation pretty soon it all starts to smell like defecation. Then you get used to the defecation and think it smells good. Our politicians have been in the outhouse TOO LONG. They think their defecation smells GOOD now. I changed my voter registration to INDEPENDANT. Hell, when this country was founded we fought for our indepenDANCE.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

I don't follow. Do you mean that you're not convinced of our governments incursion into our civil liberties, or at least our percepition of them?

B-T, our civil liberties have been destroyed long ago, and during the years between 1988 and 2000, the presidents further eroded our very national sovereignty in a manner that makes these little conspiracies about Homeland Defense pale in comparison.
Do I think that the government is working against us, generally speaking? Yes, no doubt. Specifically, the concerns over what this administration is doing to shore up national security and conduct wartime operations? No. While I'm not intending to stop watching, I've seen nothing to be worried about - yet. Never forget the yet!

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Cool. As long as you're at "yet", we can be at peace on this subject, for the time being. It's just a matter of you looking at what's been taken away to get you up to speed.
Please give me your opinion of why a Heavy Artillery division was deployed throughout US cities, and how the big guns pointed at domestic targets make us safe or anti-terror ready? I really don't see terrorist rolling down Main St in an Abramson, do you?

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Would you please give me an example of a heavy artillery unit being deployed in a city? Call that city's mayor's office and ask them about the artillery unit. Ask them where they are being deployed.

Can you think of any way an artillery unit would be effective for anything else other than blowing up neighborhoods and business districts? What use would it be in anything else? Seriously.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 12:20 PM
link   
...that's why I'm concerned. Also interesting to note that the link I gave you to the 194th Field Artillery's homepage that talked about the deployment is now NOT THERE !

Here's the link, check it yourselves:

www.iowanationalguard.com...

First, the local paper, the Globe Gazzette scrubs the article, now this.
Hmmmm?

I wonder what part this is going to play in things?

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There seems to be a firewall blocking my entry.

seriously, I can think of no earthly good an artillery unit would be in civil control or security, unless they are going to be used as wannabe M.P.'s. That's a thought. The only thing scarier than an 18 year old M.P. with a .45, a badge and some authority is an untrained non-M.P. doing the same thing!

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 02:13 PM
link   
TC, Bob and others who were the big conspiracy theorists when Clinton was in the WH, are now staunchly behind "the government" on every level and all situations?

I find it quite hypocritical of our board "leaders" to assert that all of the illuminati, masons, and triad theories (the big 3) which we all debated upon over the last 3 or 4 years are now just so much drivel or no longer an issue since we now have dubbya in control?

How many times did all of you assert that our so called "world leaders" were nothing but puppets with the big 3's hand stuffed up their arses controlling their every move, except now we have a texas billionaire in control who could not possibly be a puppet? PLEASE!!!!

The current prez is a puppet just as all the others were and will continue to be. The big 3 and the corporate weenies have always and will continue to control our lives for as long as we let them.

I find it even more disturbing that we deem these issues to be impossible scenarios, simply because we now have a Bush in the Whitehouse is not only hypocritical but just plain stupid.

When you consider the history of this family and their contribution to 3 world wars and countless police actions & skirmishes, all in the name of profit and the republic, one would have to be actually blind or at least politically blind to not see the dark side of this familia coup.

I for one will not close my eyes or turn my back to an idea or concept simply because it does not meet my political idealism and I would hope that our board leaders would view the world with the same type of open mindedness or perhaps relinquish control to those who are more willing to discuss ideas without polital partisanship coming into play anytime a posters comments go against your beloved party affiliations.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by USMC Harrier
I would hope that our board leaders would view the world with the same type of open mindedness or perhaps relinquish control to those who are more willing to discuss ideas without polital partisanship coming into play anytime a posters comments go against your beloved party affiliations.

***Bout Time snaps to attention and salutes USMC Harrier with the type of salute so text book and at such a proper angle, that a milimeter to the left would cause a two inch gash from BT's fingernail on his browbone*****

Oddly enough, and with everything you stated here, I am amazed that so many US posters on these boards are so pro-Bush, given that family's profit over patriotism past.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Harrier, in regards to your first statement of your last post, I must agree with you. There does seem to be a difference. It must be because Shrub appears to be head and shoulders over Bubba in the integrity, honesty and respect departments. I certainly hope Bob and I aren't being duped.

It appears that our roles have been reversed, and we must now count on you to look at Bush with the most intense scrutiny while Bob and I follow mindlessly and in lock step with our pied piper, as you and your crew did with Bubba.

Seriously and objectively, it'll be you and B-T, et. al. that will catch Shrub's agenda-motivated moves.

[Edited on 15-11-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 08:31 PM
link   
USMC Harrier, I haven't seen you post here for quite a while...

I don't know whether you've seen these or not, but I've started 3 threads a while back & the level of support I've seen from those threads has been apallingly absent (Sheeple, INDEED!
) I'm beginning to lose hope for the USA...Perhaps you could let me know of your opinion on these threads (Either reply in those threads or U2U me):
xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

BTW, welcome back!

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hi Thomas. How've you been? Just curious...

What would cause you to make the leap?

If you're waiting for Bush or Rumsfeld to come right out and tell you what's really up, then I can assure you you will stay in your comfortable state of denial for a long, long time.

If you decide to actually read and do the research on some of the references that B-T has provided, then you, too might see the real picture emerging from the interlocking pieces.

If you force all these pieces into what will conform to a worldview you'd rather believe in, for comfort's sake is true, then sadly, there is no picture there but the badly scripted 3rd rate action movie scenario that Fox and network News is selling.

Believe me, I'd rather think like you if I had a choice. It would be much less disturbing. Unfortunately, my bull# meter is pretty sensitive and it's been in the red zone for some time now.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 07:42 PM
link   
My bullcrap meter has been pegged for many years, miscreant. Before there was even a thing called a personal computer or a world wide web available for every imaginative nutcase and a keyboard to post words for all to read, I was familiar with terms such as Trilateral and CFR. For over 20 years I've expected something extremely bad to happen to the citizen because of the government. You know what? While I've waited for the "Big Thing" to happen, the little things done in increments, almost unnoticeable at the moments they happen but substantial when looked at in historical snapshots of this nation decade by decade. The nation's moral compass has been thrown overboard. Things that have nothing to do with liberty are called rights, and the very things that are what the founding fathers considered rights are now looked at as either unconstitutional or darned near illegal. A large segment of the civilian populace relies on the government for some form of financial assistance and the largest single employer is the federal government. Commanders in Chief since Dwight D. have signed executive orders and U.N. agreements that have eroded our nation's sovereignty to where the average citizen has no clue; the fact that we aren't technically a sovereign nation anymore is something even most here at this conspiracy board don't understand. And you think that I should read things as B-T reads them and see the first honorable president we've had in a long time as an evil being? He may well be in the long run. For a man that defends Clinton, the one man that struck more blows against the constitution than any other single president, to try and sell me on the idea that Bush is leading us down an intentional path of destruction isn't very convincing to me. It seems like a man ignoring the canon pointed at his head while screaming about the slingshot pointed at his toe.
Like I said, though, he and his mindset will be the ones to see the danger in Bush before I, but the problem with that is they'll be screaming about every little thing that Bush does so loudly that they won't be heard when and if he really does do something evil and detrimental to the nation and world.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I admit that I read a few books about Secret Societies prior to 9-11, but didn't really wake up and start serious investigating until after. To think that I majored in Government and Politics at one time and didn't even pick up the furtive hints used by my professors to rouse us out of our smug apathy!

I know that society is eroding. I remember the sixties of my childhood when you could believe in Jesus' teachings without shame or defense. When people had such a thing called "dignity" and "manners." Ah well... our good citizens became drugged by escalating violence and sex, each becoming passive voyeurs of outrageous behavior on our tv sets and slowly coming to accept such behavior as acceptable.

So the government can put more "protections" in place and more policies in place to protect the minorities and keep them in slavery by welfare and penal systems on our dime. People are dumbed down to the point that they buy sneakers based on who endorses them and pay king's ransoms to go to a concert that is lip synced. Most have lost the ability to discern and question.

So how do you begin to tell them that rampant environmentalism is ursurping regard for humanity? That it's okay to disagree with Israel? That it's our right to have privacy? It's just not politically-correct. Get with the program.

Someday, maybe 50 or 60 years from now, there will be no one left that remembers what it was like to send Christmas cards instead of Happy Holiday cards. What it was like to have a policeman let you off with a stern warning and a wink for being a dumb kid. What it was like to walk along your street at night and feel perfectly safe.

We are now the criminals that the police must watch. The government is protecting someone from us. It's sure not the people that are being protected. Not me. Not you. It's some faceless idea called the general public. I just got back from Spain and Portugal. Airport security included rude behavior and orders to stop, take off your shoes, put your bag in the bin. Not a thank you or please anywhere. We are the suspects now, get it? Hey I'm glad they're checking, but these people should just as well wear stormtrooper books and use cattle prods. They don't care that we're paying their salaries. We are paying for the luxury of having the government snoop on us and keep records of our transactions. We are paying for the morons to pass bills that usurp our Constitution so we can be held without evidence or have our property searched without warrants.

Now we're going to war with a country that we've bombed over and over again to the point that their infrastructure is completely obliterated. Public systems, such as water, are non-existent and children (estimated over one million) have died from lack of medical care due to our prolonged sanctions. This is to get Saddam, get Saddam, get Saddam. HELLO! How would we like it if we were continuously terrorized because we had a crazy leader that we had no control over? We might find out soon enough.

And we're going to war with Iraq without one shred of evidence that they had anything to do with 9-11. What the hell happened to the pledge to get Osama Bin Lauden? Apparently, he's still out doing publicity stunts, but that's no longer a priority. Hey, I'm trying to keep up with the program here.

It couldn't be about oil. Nah, what a crazy thought. It couldn't be about keeping our vast military complex flush with cash and increasing our hegemony? I must be paranoid! It surely couldn't be an excuse to take away the rights of the citizens? Never would happen in these days, no matter how many times it happened before.

Anyway, I will keep watching. I agree about Clinton, but I think they all come out of the same conveyer belt.

In truth, I don't want to believe that it's as bad as I just stated. I love my home, my business and my family. I want a future with potential. My business is really gaining traction and I want nothing more than to fully focus on my work and my loved ones. I just can't bury my head far enough in the ground and hide from what I'm seeing and sensing, though.

Maybe living so close to DC has something to do with it.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I agree with you miscreant, MD and BT.

I want to add that people Are starting to wake up and see the coincidences and starting to sense a plan is underway that undermines our own safety.

I also think that people feel helpless when they realize the path we are on. (myself included). Especially when anything you start saying against the govt gets you labelled as unpatriotic or worse.

Anyhow, what does anyone else think is going to happen next??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join