It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Media cover up? 300 US soldiers die?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

But what do WE know - we weren't even there!

Judging by the photos after the explosion, the place looks pretty wiped out.

No casualties ey?

Judging by the photos? 2 football size areas destroyed, what about the rest of the base you see in the background?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
hmmm after looking at this image, there may well not have been any casualties, notice the destruction seems to be contained to an area that does not look like it would be used for personal usage... and anyone in there would have been able to get to cover quite quickly. One would have to ask what would 300 soliders be doing in this are in the first place?

From watching the vid I thought the devistation would have been greater...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The audio on the "explosion " video is especially telling. You can tell the guy filming is with his squad in a bunker less than a mile away, as the sound of the massive blasts takes 3-4 seconds to reach them.

Also, listen to the radio chatter in the background as the dispatch orders personnel within the compound that the north area is on fire. A couple minutes later, a "condition red" is broadcast, and all personnel are ordered to take cover in bunkers.

There were likely quite a few personnel within the base when the attack took place, and the report of zero casualties from the massive explosions seen on the tape is completely suspect, imo.

If the base was fully occupied, I can easily see 300 casualties, plus wounded, and the additional numbers of Iraqi soldiers wounde and KIA. What a catastrophy!

I can also see this being covered up, big time, given the possibly substantial loss of life and the $1 billion in lost munitions and equipment.

Propaganda is not just for the enemy to employ, deltaboy.

After posting, I saw the image you put up, and I would like to know what is to the right of the field of view of the camera in that shot. Likely more devestation, imo. Realize the shockwave alone from those massive explosions could easily kill anyone within a couple hundred yards.

psyopswatcher, the audio portion of the video does seem authentic to me. Is it the video that has been seen before?

[edit on 23-10-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
If the base was fully occupied, I can easily see 300 casualties, plus wounded, and the additional numbers of Iraqi soldiers wounde and KIA. What a catastrophy!

I can also see this being covered up, big time, given the substantial loss of life and the $1 billion in lost munitions and equipment.

Propaganda is not just for the enemy to employ, deltaboy.

Maybe the truth will be revealed after November 7th.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Judging by the photos? 2 football size areas destroyed, what about the rest of the base you see in the background?

Iraq for ever of Fadhil Badrani translated the information on US Pentagon site which says that there were 5000 soldiers in this camp. But the Pentagon the same night declared that there were only 100 soldiers. This was evident is to hide the losses.

The resistance in Falluja and Habaniyah that there were 9 gros porteurs planes landed in Habaniyah the same night where there is a US military hospital.

So now you were also in this Base at the night of the Attack?

You saw how many soldiers were there?

Imagine 5000 troops in this base when the mortars struck?

9 big transport airplanes landing?

Smells Fishy...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It is fishy, Souljah.

Icarus, listen again. If his buddy's lives were in danger, would this guy be standing around filming? The same video has been online at Google since JANUARY. Someone reposted it on Oct 21.

US Army AMMO DUMP ATTACK with secondarys

67,171 views »
R Addicott
8 min 55 sec - Jan 15, 2006

Baghdad Ammo Dump / Tactical Nuke Exploding in Iraq (HQ)

8 min 55 sec - 21-Oct-2006
www.opposingdigits.com

But it sure does make for nice fireworks.

Here's a screenshot from the Baghdad news vid:

This was at 3:22 into the footage. Check out the white streak to the top of the screen, that's a shot going off. There are quite a few there, straight up into the sky. I think I saw a smallish mushroom cloud towards the end.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Here's a screenshot from the Baghdad news vid:

Just to clear up my confusion, are you saying that the video above (unlike the Jan 15 *spectacular* video) is of the actual Falcon base on October 11?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You think YOU'RE confused, BH? LOL

Yes, I think that's what it is. Baghdad News filmed the fire. And the video that is being passed off as the Oct. 11 fire is being picked by CTers (like Opposing Digits).

I fell for it myself when I first saw it a week or so ago.

Here's a screenshot from the first vid, notice how the rockets are shooting off sideways, in arcs? The Baghdad film has them going straight up into the air.

What is confusing in the dialogue of the first film, right around 5:24 you hear someone say, "Jesus, we got that many munitions?" We? It's clearly an American voice.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So now you were also in this Base at the night of the Attack?

You saw how many soldiers were there?

Imagine 5000 troops in this base when the mortars struck?

9 big transport airplanes landing?

Smells Fishy...

Now you are quoting and believe what this "resistance" are saying.
You say the place is wiped out as the source(resistance) mentions the base entirely destroyed, and the photo you posted up shows small area destroyed in the corner of the base and the rest of the place intact. You just contradicted yourself old man.

Heres one of the source you posted up...

www.jihadunspun.com.../newsarchive/index.php&

The US Falcon base, now described as “burned out wasteland with no buildings” was the scene of American helicopters dumping water on the site Wednesday to extinguish the last flames after resistance fighters managed to carry out a devastating attack that completely destroyed the American base.

In a dispatch posted at 4:15pm Makkah time Wednesday afternoon, Mafkarat al-Islam reported that a source in the puppet “Iraqi Defense Ministry” had revealed that US forces and their Iraqi puppet allies would begin clearing and cleaning away the US Forward Base Falcon (as-Saqr Base) in Sukkaniya in the southern Baghdad suburb of ad-Durah on Wednesday.

The “Defense Ministry” source told Mafkarat al-Islam that the base would never return to the way it had been prior to the attack and that it was now a “burned out wasteland with no buildings.”

[edit on 23-10-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm not done reading about this US Falcon base asplosion.

However I can confirm I've seen the video that opposingdigits.com renamed to "Baghdad Ammo Dump / Tactical Nuke Exploding in Iraq (HQ)" last year in 2005. Or was it some time around Jan 15, 2006 as psyopswatcher mentionned. I would have to find the saved file on disk to check the exact date, but that vid is definetly old.

I don't know much about the original video, I think the ammo dump was set on fire, not attacked by mortars, I may be wrong.

EDIT: Ok, found the original video I've seen in 2005 was named MSAFireCaldwell.wmv and it was even posted here to ATS on 28-7-2004 LMAO!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-10-2006 by ufia]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Considering the wars been going on for over 3 years you wonder if this hasnt happened before and this time they slipped and the video got out.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

But what do WE know - we weren't even there!

Judging by the photos after the explosion, the place looks pretty wiped out.

No casualties ey?

[edit on 23/10/06 by Souljah]

That looks like a warehouse building that was destroyed. It would be pretty hard to fit more than a 100 troops in something that size. It does not even look military per say? Why would 300 soldiers be crammed inside of a warehouse?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The thing I find most striking in this film is the laughing and joking recorded on the video, do these soldiers have no thought for their comrades at that base, it sounded like they were watching an action movie. Maybe thats why the jobs not been done eveybody thinks its just a joke. And DELTABOY you do understand that people do die in wars dont you, why are you trying to disprove this film, do you work for the Army propoganda unit.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
The thing I find most striking in this film is the laughing and joking recorded on the video, do these soldiers have no thought for their comrades at that base, it sounded like they were watching an action movie. Maybe thats why the jobs not been done eveybody thinks its just a joke. And DELTABOY you do understand that people do die in wars dont you, why are you trying to disprove this film, do you work for the Army propoganda unit.

maybe because it wasn't the actual incident. It may well of been an warehouse/ammo dump with no Troops nearby. That video was posted in 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't cover up something that big, 300 my arse, the actual damage photos show one warehouse destroyed which probably held the munitions. Now 300+ US troops are hardly likely to be sleeping in there!

Its a typical resistance tactic to blow up ammo and fuel dumps, it has probably happened on several occasions. Infact won't the evil defence companies benefit from making more ammo to make up for it and selling it to the government? Lol

[edit on 23-10-2006 by Peyres]

[edit on 23-10-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom

Asking me that kind of question makes me laugh. I'm not a five year old boy and no I'm not in some Army propaganda unit. I believe that this topic about some media cover up that some 300 soldiers dead is false. Do you believe what the resistance has said about wiping out the whole entire base, even though the pic provided by Souljah contradicts that? I know soldiers, Marines, sailors and so on have been killed in Iraq, but unless there is proof that 300 soldiers just got killed like that based on the propaganda of the insurgents and covered up by the media, it is not considered reliable to believe that. And about the film, I have yet to even comment on that. And remember that some poster has mentioned about the discrepancies about the film, titled tactical nuke explodes in ammo dump and the date that it was posted.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yeah.......the democrats and libs would be more than happy if this was true.

Unfortunately, for some, the pictures provided debunk the thread.

If you notice, there are a number of empty tractor tailers in what would be the upper right of a warehouse.......you are not going to have 300 soldiers in a place where they store numerous tractor trailers.

Though it was a good try Souljah..........

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So - do we all agree there is this Camp Falcon, which can hold around 5000 troops?

Camp Falcon / Camp Al-Saqr

By late January 2004 engineers from the 1st Armored Division were midway through an $800 million project to build half a dozen camps for the incoming 1st Cavalry Division. Army planners expected to finish by 15 March 2004. The new outposts, dubbed Enduring Camps, will improve living quarters for soldiers and allow the military to return key infrastructure sites within the Iraqi capital to the emerging government. Plans called for the camps to last between five to 10 years, possibly even longer. Moving to the outskirts of town will allow Iraqi police and the Iraqi Civil Defense Corps to take a lead role in the city's security. At Camp Falcon, on the southern outskirts, a base camp for 5,000 was planned.

And do we agre that this Camp was attacked this October?

Global Security

On October 10, 2006, at approximately 10:40 p.m., a 82mm mortar round, fired by militia forces from a residential area in Abu T-Shir, caused a fire at an Ammunition Supply Point (ASP) at FOB Falcon. The ASP, containing tank and artillery rounds, in addition to smaller caliber ammunition, set off a series of large explosions. About 100 troops from the 4th Infantry Division were reported to be stationed at the base at the time, but no injuries were reported.

So the Official USArmy numbers are ofcourse, that there were about 100 troops in the Camp at the time of the attack.

But, isn't "Forward Base Falcon", the largest American military base in Iraq, located 13 km south of the Green Zone in Baghdad?

And wasn't Falcone Base designed to hold Big number of troops alongside with their equipment, filled with ammunition supplies, fuel, tanks and vehicles?

So out of total strenght of a US Division - which is around 32,000 troops - according to some reports 3,000 were stationed there at that time, alongside with probably other members of US Armed forces, Intelligence services, translators and IDF members;

Forward Base Falcon Disaster

The BBC's Andrew North, in Baghdad, said the explosions started at about 2300 (2100 BST) and were becoming "ever more frequent" as the huge fires spread throughout the base, punctuated by tremendous explosions as more fuel and ammunition dumps ignited.

Over 300 American troops, including U.S. Army and Marines, CIA agents and U.S. translators were casualties and there also were 165 seriously injured requiring major medical attention and 39 suffering lesser injuries 122 members of the Iraqi armed forces were killed and 90 seriously injured members of same, were also evacuated to the U.S. military hospital at al-Habbaniyah located some 70km west of Baghdad.

Satellite pictures and aerial photographs from neutral sources showed that Camp Falcon suffered major structural damage and almost all the U.S. military’s supply of small arms ammunition, artillery and rocket rounds, tons of fuel, six Apache helicopters, an uncounted but large number of soft-skinned vehicles such as Humvees and supply trucks were damaged or totally destroyed. Foreign press observers noted “an endless parade” of military vehicle recovery units dragging burnt-out heavy tanks and armored personnel carriers to another base outside Baghdad.

So we have one of the biggest US Bases in Iraq, filled with ammunition, equipment, trucks, jeeps and a mortar hits the ammunition depo and there are NO casualties?

Why did the Foreign Press note, that there was an ENDLESS Parade of militar recovery vehicles dragging out the burned out equipment to another base?

STARS&STRIPES: Insurgent mortar fire ignites U.S. ammunition dump

Three battalions, including tank and infantry units, are stationed at the base, but the loss of the ammunition “will not degrade the operational capability of [the division],” a U.S. military news release read. The troops at Falcon have been participating in Operation Together Forward, a massive U.S.-Iraqi effort to clamp down on sectarian violence in Baghdad.

Soldiers as far away as Camp Liberty, near the Baghdad airport, reported hearing the blast, which rattled windows on the base. Many rushed out of their offices and bunks, thinking the explosions were an attack on Camp Liberty.

Well 3 Batallions were stationed there at the time of attack - are 3 batallions 100 troops?

And whats up with all those airplanes with red-crosses "evacuating" the area, if there were no casualties?

Camp Falcon Mess

Nine huge transport planes ferry American casualties to al-Habbaniyah airbase from devastating Tuesday night Resistance strike on US Falcon arsenal, indicating heavy American losses.

Residents of al-Habbaniyah agreed that nine massive transport planes arrived at various times during the night and into the morning bringing casualties to the US military hospital at the base. The first three planes arrived at 1am local time, witnesses said. The fourth plane landed at about 1:30am, then a fifth about 10 minutes later. Then at 3:30am two more large transports arrived at al-Habbaniyah airbase, and the last two transports were seen coming in at 7am local time Wednesday morning.

Just TOO Fishy...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sobolwolf
that first explosion looked like a nuke to me... the shockwave knocked the cameraman off his feet... I wonder how far they were away, I am guessing a fair distance cause they stayed in the open. That first explosion was really big and I wouldn't have wanted to be close to where it was...

So they say no casualties? Well I say fracking liers...

LOL... right listen ..

First think of 300 men. Ok, now place 300 hundred man in and around a .. ammo dump. What are these 300 men doing around an ammo dump? .. are they standing around? How close would 300 men be to an ammo dump? Is an ammo dump some kind of hot spot of the base? .. "Hey joe, lets go hang out by the highly explosive and possibly unstable munitions depot. Its where all the cool guys go!"

Now think of a explosive depot detonating.. most likely it is a series of buildings or metal sheds to contain the ammo or bombs or a mix of the two.. it blows up continuously because of the nature of the items within. The first initial explosion will most likely be a handful of bombs or what ever going off, a nice explosion and if there where any one around they would know to run like hell in what ever direction so long as it is AWAY from the ammo dump! .. the fire that follows will detonate the rest of what ever there was inside the depot, no one and I mean no one will be dumb enough to get to close.

300 men dead because of a ammo depot went off? .. sure if 300 men literally stood right next to it. Logical common sense. I would have to assume who ever reports 300 men died has an agenda to fill for all those gullible enough to believe it.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think the "NO casualties" is the tip off here...
surely at least one guard, or civilian was killed...

I looked into the various battalions mentioned that had lost personel (from the list of the dead)

346th Psi ops... mentioned here... but not as army reserve
maybe they dont distinguish between reserve, and regular troops...

But I did confirm that all these battalions, regiments, groups, whatever do really exist...
I would have no way to confirm that the soldiers themselves do.

This story is all over the net now, and parroted on almost all the blogs, and boards...
If it isn't true, I think the military PR department needs to do some damage control, before it becomes a case of
"say it enough, and it becomes true"

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have the resistance army footage of the explosion and attack - One explosion that is filmed is beyond belief - way larger than anything captured on that google video from up close - Ill try either to take a screen capture or maybe try and get some one to host it - It is propaganda, but the explosion is impossible to hide!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join