It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS History: COINTELPRO and "WhispersInTheDark"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Let's not turn this into something its not. It's obvious what happened to this member and well deserved in my opinion. Any attempt to create drama on the board deserves a punishment.

What drama? Am I missing something?

Other than informing us that dragonrider is dead, and contributing her own memories of the WITD thing?

Is there a post that was deleted?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Ok, maybe she was on to something with what she said in this thread. Maybe a conspiracy afterall!

This is what my post was in reference of. One post like this, is one too many.

And the drama I speak of is the manner Ycon pressured SO, with questions surrounding his resignation and the WITD events. The member asked a question, which Skeptic had answered. Then the member decided to press the issue by asking, Why, on a steady basis.

From the threads I have read, the problems surrounding WITD in the past, were members not accepting the answers of our staff members. The staff answered, the members ignored and continued to press. In my opinion, it was too create drama.

Maybe I'm wrong, we all perceive things in a different way.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
This is what my post was in reference of. One post like this, is one too many.

And the drama I speak of is the manner Ycon pressured SO, with questions surrounding his resignation and the WITD events. The member asked a question, which Skeptic had answered. Then the member decided to press the issue by asking, Why, on a steady basis.

From the threads I have read, the problems surrounding WITD in the past, were members not accepting the answers of our staff members. The staff answered, the members ignored and continued to press. In my opinion, it was too create drama.

Maybe I'm wrong, we all perceive things in a different way.

Wow, you seem to be wound up pretty tight...
You refer to my post, saying I'm trying to stir things up, yet you left out the two smiley faces which obviously convey sarcasm on my part. It seems more like you are trying to stir things up now, as I could really care less about this whole topic, and don't have any issues with the ATS staff at all. I was simply wondering why ycon was banned, and tried to make a joke about another "conspiracy". Guess some people can't handle the bits of irony.
Now Chissler...who ARE you really working for?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We'll aren't my cheeks red.

I'm more than capable of admitting my mistakes and well here I was ww.. wwrrr.... wrong!

I'm normally good with sarcasm, my mistake Shoktek.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What do you mean sarcasm?

Is this supposed to be a joke or something ??

I dont get it.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Truth to the matter, I find it very interesting just want to know what the final conclusion is....

I just stumbbled across this thread and thought it was interesting.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PHARAOH1133
Truth to the matter, I find it very interesting just want to know what the final conclusion is....

There's a lot of wander in this thread... what aspect are you wondering about?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
ok. i just need to clear a few things up that have confused me as i read through this thread.

1. Are William and Sceptic Overlord the same person
2 . Are FishermanFred and Valhall the same person

If so, can i ask why SO and Valhall post under the two screen names? (Not that im suggesting anything untoward is going on, just think its a little confusing)

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This thread has generated 10 pages of discussion elsewhere which offers interesting insight into the whole WITD episode.

Stuffucanuse.com is in large part made up of ex-ATS members. Many of them were present during the whole WITD episode. NetChicken himself responds to the question I asked SO on page 2. (Which incidentally caused the discussion over there) He says he didn’t do it.

So the final analysis leads me to suspect it was either of the following 3 options.

1. An "expert", but why would an expert pull a hoax like this.... unless it was someone wanting to test just how Abovetopsecret.com dealt with information like this. Maybe an intelligence operative seeing if we would report it. Now this is not a wild guess, ATS has been the focus of intelligence operations in the past, and the focus of intelligence "testing".

2. Or "real" in which case Abovetopsecret.com screwed up really bad, and the guy disappeared into the sunset.

3. Or a joke to gain some board drama by SkepticOverlord that went horribly wrong and could never be admitted.

xmb.stuffucanuse.com...

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
1. Are William and Sceptic Overlord the same person

Yes. This was answered earlier in this thread. They are.

2 . Are FishermanFred and Valhall the same person

Yes. I’m sure many members are asking themselves what happened…
I understand that the board never comments on member status. However if the allegations made against Val in the thread linked above are true, I hope that she will respond to them at some point.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I'm not sure why SkepticOverlord brought this topic I wouldn't have known about the drama otherwise. Mind you I'm more of a cynical person rather then a true conspiracy theorist. Anyway my take is that the incident was a hoax with the person getting pleasure out the drama he/she caused.

Just my 10 cents.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Interestingly, I remember this whole topic.

I used to be a member years ago (I was in High School then). Originally, I wasn't sure if it was ATS or not but after hearing about the WITD issue I am certain it was here.
This site has been an off-and-on thing for me, and now I finally understand what happened. SO knows what he's talking about.
As for this site being COINTELPRO, people can do their own research (as William did) and find supporting evidence for a thesis.

I personally do not trust anyones statements that are not supported by anything. People can claim anything, and people will believe anything, but the amount of people that illogically believe anything are few and far between on this forum. Luckily we had a tech-savy person like William that could debunk WITDs claims.

(but for the sake of my argument, lets assume that WITD did not edit his post, and everything went down as fact)
Even on WITDs original post, there is no supporting facts or reference. Jakarta was bombed and he/she predicted it. My biggest qualm is how did he/she get this info, and what did we and WITD have to gain by it. We could not have stopped the event, and obviously WITD was not in a position to either. Most importantly, he/she did not disclose the source for the knowledge. It can be assumed that WITD was using this to gain our trust, so that we do not question his/her ramblings. So, WITD had much to be gained. If WITD had our trust, and could say anything without any sources unquestioned, then we would have lost our ability to question 'presented' information, which is why we are here to begin with.

WITD was a hoaxer and more importantly sought to destroy this forum into a cloud of disinfo. If anyone was COINTELPRO, it would be WITD.

Ycon was banned 4 times! Wow.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Does it matter? Even if there are government puppets running around here trying to post crap, there is also good, serious discussions about new topics and so on.

If you ignore the crap, there is still plenty of good threads around.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

But you know what they say about crap floating to the top.

I guess this is why SO and team are so busy trying new systems such as starring and flagging. That way the user-generated ecosystem can be more easily manage, and the crap more easily sorted out.

I can't wait to see which conspiracies Jim Marrs will find the most intriguing. I kind of hope he choses the WITD episode, because this conspiracy was born and raised on ATS. (Mr. Marrs covers other conspiracies quite well in both Rule by Secrecy and Alien Agenda)

If you ignore the crap, there is still plenty of good threads around.

I'm positive there are quite a few disinformation agents posting on ATS. For example one of my ATS friend was deliberately ambushed by disinformationists/trolls in one of his free energy threads. It ended up with my friend (a brilliant conspiracy theorists) getting banned from ATS. (luckily the agent provocateur was also banned, mission accomplished?)

EDIT
PS- I should note that the above example is purely speculative. However, it is highly probable that disinfo agents are posting on ATS , and even working in unison to shut down or derailed certain thread and topics. IMO, it's a fine line between unmasking a disinfo agent, and engaging in personal attacks.

Of course this phenomenon is not exclusive to ATS.

[edit on 13/11/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Maybe ATS pulled this prank themselves for traffic.

FBI is informed, ATS owners could be criminally charged.

ATS works with the Federal government for a free pass.

ATS did undergo a corporate break up in 2007.

Just a theory...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Edit: double post

[edit on 28-10-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Why did you ban Dragon rider who was a friend and supported on WITD...he was also one of your own mods....
_________________________________________________________________________________________

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
*Bump*

Was forced to use Bing
to get to ATS instead of good old google and its amazing what turns up about ATS when you start skipping across a few pages. Came across this thread in a very round about way and thought it was too good not to gain a little further attention.

As a very irregular lurker prior to signing up I remember hearing 'whispers' about WhisperInTheDark but reading this thread as well as a few other things which are lurking out there on the interwebs has blown me away to a certain degree.

Seems ATS has more of a checkered history than most people realise and this is a little piece of history which I thought I'd dust off for some of the newer members...

(If nothing else the cartoon on page one is very very cool)

On a side note it must have been so nice back in the days when ATS was much much smaller and everybody seemed to know everybody else...

edit on 10/1/2013 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
WOW I deffo remember this going on guys & girls, doesnt seem that long ago either ..............something just keep coming back around and 'others' as well xxx

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ohhh yes it was alot smaller in the early days and everyone new each other more or less..............and as for DR...........just read my Sig hun, I did and do know him well xx

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

On a side note it must have been so nice back in the days when ATS was much much smaller and everybody seemed to know everybody else...

edit on 10/1/2013 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join